What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He did?
BA doesn't think dummy half is an important position?
If that was the case we wouldn’t have signed Hodgson and Lussick. We would just go with Hands, Yates and Luke. But it’s pretty obvious we prioritise the other three spine positions over the dummy half.

JokerEel

Coach
It's interesting what position we need to fill when everyone is fit.

We definitely need another strike winger/centre.

Gutho
Sivo
Simmonson
Penisini
Russell

Brown
Moses

Reg
Lussick
Jr
Matto
Lane
Hopgood

Moretti
Carty
Greig/Joe
Hands

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Did he really say that? He might as well have said, "We'll make do with a couple of average priced plodders cause there's no high-priced decent 9's on the market right now"...
There's a reason we let Mahoney go to the Dogs. We are spending huge money at 1, 6 and 7. Plus we have some threatening runners through the middle. Why do we need to pay a dummy half to take runs away from all these merkins? Do you think we don't score enough points with our plodders? Our problem is defence, not attack.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well that's not the case with the Storm ... They've even got Pap's to come back in the spine ffs as yet another focal point in their attack.... The Storm keep finishing top 4 and we just stick to our structure and miss out on finals every other year under BA....
Probably time to face facts about the Storm's ability to recruit/retain talent compared to most other teams, including ours.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the crowded market here is holding everyone back. The Panthers are the exception, but then they're not really in Sydney.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tired Baby GIF

Junkie

hindy111

Post Whore
Shit management, shit coach! Being saying it for the last 10 years.

The current morons have been trying to play money ball, buying up cheap players. But they can’t polish turds. The recent dud signings Of JOffa, Davey and other hapless crap just shows they have no idea in recruitment. What a waste of a so called premiership window. Windows broken now!

Superman has been ok but ifmpeople think he is the answer. If you have a stud backline then sure you can get away with a guy like this. When he is possibly right now your 2nd best back behind the Pensini its a worry.

Good thing is Russel is looking ok. Nothing explosive but ok.

hindy111

Post Whore
If that was the case we wouldn’t have signed Hodgson and Lussick. We would just go with Hands, Yates and Luke. But it’s pretty obvious we prioritise the other three spine positions over the dummy half.
I call bullshit. Id saynits just how the cookie crumbled.

We valued Dlyan,Moses and Gutherson ahead of Mahoney. Actually it was a wise call looking back cause when it was made I reckon plenty would of picked Mahoney behind Moses. Heaps including me questioned Dylan's form 2yrs ago.
Amd I am right 99% of the time.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the crowded market here is holding everyone back. The Panthers are the exception, but then they're not really in Sydney.

It takes 40 mins to get from the inner west to Penrith. Manly,Campbelltown, Cronulla wouldn't be a whole lot quicker would they?

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes Moimesea was a project and same as Doorey. Neither would of been a lot.

If people think Murchie was on less then 200k they are peanuts. A few clubs wanted him including a desperate Dragons where he walks into their side.

We still don't know if Hodgsons 450k will count against our cap yet for 2024. Could be similar to Josh Jackson at Dogs where they put on the cap.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yes Moimesea was a project and same as Doorey. Neither would of been a lot.

If people think Murchie was on less then 200k they are peanuts. A few clubs wanted him including a desperate Dragons where he walks into their side.

We still don't know if Hodgsons 450k will count against our cap yet for 2024. Could be similar to Josh Jackson at Dogs where they put on the cap.

I wouldn't even regard Jirah as a Project, his player manager conned us big time and that's on us.

Doorey is someone I'd definitely persist with but needs to grow a pair during the off season and start handling the physicality of the game, otherwise he's a decent young player.

tbf Murchie player 14 NRL games last year but just hasn't seemed to kick on.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And as soon as they had to let one go they chose the dummy half. And haven't missed a beat with Mitch Plod Kenny at 9. It just means more runs for their better players.
Haven't missed a beat??? They aren't even close to the team they were last season. Their defence is still excellent and it' what keeps them in every games. It's another reason we will never win a comp under Sir Baldalot, he isn't capable of getting a team to defend well enough to be a serious premiership threat.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I wouldn't even regard Jirah as a Project, his player manager conned us big time and that's on us.

Doorey is someone I'd definitely persist with but needs to grow a pair during the off season and start handling the physicality of the game, otherwise he's a decent young player.

tbf Murchie player 14 NRL games last year but just hasn't seemed to kick on.
Murchie is not a middle, he's a decent hole running second rower. After doing well with Papa and Marata he probably thought he could have that sort of luck with every player. Doorey goes ok just a shame his body keeps letting him down the less said about that garbage man from Newcastle the better.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Murchie is not a middle, he's a decent hole running second rower. After doing well with Papa and Marata he probably thought he could have that sort of luck with every player. Doorey goes ok just a shame his body keeps letting him down the less said about that garbage man from Newcastle the better.
Being able to play middle is a condition of employment at Our Eels.

Latest posts