What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
You've never slid down a metal slide in a Lismore summer have you.

I have in a Griffith summer.
Not planning on doing it again. They don't need BBQs there, they just throw the food onto the driveway and it's cooked in ten minutes.

And then you get shot by the mafia.

Stagger eel

Staff member
if we can get Emu back to where he was before he got busted I think we'd be more than sweet.

unfortunately it may too late by then.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
Sorry, but I'm not getting the argument that Paulo is playing too many minutes.
He averages 54 minutes a game. Isn't that about standard for a starting prop these days?

I think it’s more to do with how and when his minutes are spent.

I think optimally, get him off at 20 minutes and back on at 30. That way he has had two breaks in the first 60 minutes of the game and you could make a determination of when he comes off (and possibly back on) from there.

Last edited:

Stevie

Bench
nup…

it’s actually an interesting one because I reckon they may have needEd to sacrifice either Carty or Emu to bolster our outside backs and it appears Carty is staying so who knows?
Sorry for dumb question but were we signing Katoni? Apologies if I’ve missed the point

hindy111

Post Whore
nup…

it’s actually an interesting one because I reckon they may have needEd to sacrifice either Carty or Emu to bolster our outside backs and it appears Carty is staying so who knows?

What about my man Morretti?

Ha what rabbits. Bring in a plodder like Davey and Murchie and yet to wrap up Grieg. Head scratcher.

If Morretti isn't wrapped up and goes elsewhere id be pissed off

Eelogical

Referee
NSW won game 3 without Haas.

I get his stats are high but I never notice any impact on the game or moments that define a match.

Brisbane have win SFA bar a spoon since his debut in 2018 and NSW have only won 1 origin series Haas has played in since 2019 that he has been involved in winning a match in.

Is he really a difference maker to team success. His Career says no despite his incredible stats week in week out.
You only need to win the games that matter. The rest are means to an end.

Eelogical

Referee
Sorry, but I'm not getting the argument that Paulo is playing too many minutes.
He averages 54 minutes a game. Isn't that about standard for a starting prop these days?
He's had too many collisions, and now his front bumper isn't up to passing the pink slip.

Soto

Bench
What about my man Morretti?

Ha what rabbits. Bring in a plodder like Davey and Murchie and yet to wrap up Grieg. Head scratcher.

If Morretti isn't wrapped up and goes elsewhere id be pissed off
💯
Even Stevie Wonder can see Moretti and Greig are must keeps.
Davey and Murchie though are primarily back row...but moretti and Greig are must keeps. Sacrifice Ogden, Momoisea, Rodwell and whoever else to extend them...I don't care how it's done but just do it

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
Our recruitment has been diabolical they even mentioned it tonight on 360.

It's all been reactive not proactive.

Hodgson signed after Money joined the dogs. Ok he is an ok player but if he doesn't take his player option what was the plan? We had Rein as the only backup and had to rely on Hands.
We had to react to his injury and sign a player from the UK.

We signed Moses for alot of cash but let's be honest the next 2-3 years we aren't winning the competition We should have let him go and have Sanders come through with Brown and Gutho as his experienced men. That would have freed up alot of cash to sign wingers centres second rowers...

Avenger

Immortal
Our recruitment has been diabolical they even mentioned it tonight on 360.

It's all been reactive not proactive.

Hodgson signed after Money joined the dogs. Ok he is an ok player but if he doesn't take his player option what was the plan? We had Rein as the only backup and had to rely on Hands.
We had to react to his injury and sign a player from the UK.

We signed Moses for alot of cash but let's be honest the next 2-3 years we aren't winning the competition We should have let him go and have Sanders come through with Brown and Gutho as his experienced men. That would have freed up alot of cash to sign wingers centres second rowers...
Sorry brother I don't agree with that. Halfbacks are are as rare as hens teeth, especially excellent ones. Moses' kicking game makes a shit set turn into a a good one. He was a must keep and Sanders is not guaranteed of making it, especially under Ricky Stuart who has destroyed many halfbacks over the years.

If he does, he will come back, nothing surer. Nobody wants to remain in Canberra.