What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
In Lismore.

I lived in Sydney for decades, what does that matter?

I was going to say I find in Sydney a lot of food options are cheaper then when you get to western Sydney or into the Blue Mountains due to high foot traffic and lots of competition.
You living in Lismore might cost more for certain things then Sydney itself

Bandwagon

Staff member
I was going to say I find in Sydney a lot of food options are cheaper then when you get to western Sydney or into the Blue Mountains due to high foot traffic and lots of competition.

It would, and far less choice, but I save a fair bit in fuel and time as It only takes ten minutes to drive to work, swings and roundabouts.

yy_cheng

Coach
it's called competition..... asian food in the city is cheaper than asian food in the sticks

King-Gutho94

Coach
It is both possible to overpay for Payne Haas and also to win a premiership without him. Penrith got rid of their best front rower and won two premierships. Manly got rid of JWH and won the comp two years later. But then JWH did go on to win three. Though I'd say it's more to do with the Roosters' resources putting a team around him than his individual contribution. It's a team game.
NSW won game 3 without Haas.

I get his stats are high but I never notice any impact on the game or moments that define a match.

Brisbane have win SFA bar a spoon since his debut in 2018 and NSW have only won 1 origin series Haas has played in since 2019 that he has been involved in winning a match in.

Is he really a difference maker to team success. His Career says no despite his incredible stats week in week out.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I get his stats are high but I never notice any impact on the game or moments that define a match.

Brisbane have win SFA bar a spoon since his debut in 2018 and NSW have only won 1 origin series Haas has played in since 2019 that he has been involved in winning a match in.

Is he really a difference maker to team success. His Career says no despite his incredible stats week in week out.
He’s just a bigger version of Paul Gallen, massive stats padder. Paddy Cardigan is much more important for them.

TheRam

Coach
Poor Fui

Imagine the money he would've commanded in this age of the nrl

Fui is one of my all time favourite players. In todays era of 6 again, less wrestle and quicker play the balls he would have been even more destructive with his super fast feet and locomotive collision style of running. Add to that that it is near impossible to intimidate a player now a days with illegal aggression and sly hits and I think he would of run rampant out there.

I've said this before he would be in my all time best 17 Parra team. He was awesome and a real character too. Absolutely loved him.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Fui is one of my all time favourite players. In todays era of 6 again, less wrestle and quicker play the balls he would have been even more destructive with his super fast feet and locomotive collision style of running. Add to that that it is near impossible to intimidate a player now a days with illegal aggression and sly hits and I think he would of run rampant out there.

I've said this before he would be in my all time best 17 Parra team. He was awesome and a real character too. Absolutely loved him.
Agreed. Definitely one of my props with Bob O'Reilly the other.

TheRam

Coach

I think his presence would be adversely felt if he were to leave the Broncos and then you would see a marked decline in their overall go forward. He gives them that thrust that only the real elite front rowers can consistently do for every minute that he is out there and he is a quality palooka defender too that doesn't get tire in the middle.

Just because the Broncos have a wealth of players right across the park that razzle dazzle, don't under estimate his significance to that team. Add to that that Flegler is off to the Dolphins as of next season, if they were to lose both, they would be cactus unless there is a similar palooka or two coming through to restock their front row with.

Is he worth $1.1m+, no he isn't, but no front rower is. Only play makers and fullbacks are worth that sort of money who are game changers and game managers of the highest order. Even big Artie wouldn't be worth over a million dollars in todays money. The only reason for this of course is that there are way more high quality front rowers in RL than play makers(there is a dearth of them) and only about 3 max fullbacks that you would pay $1.1m+.

Latest posts