What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I didn't say he should be an offload machine like Hopgood. That is a very unique skill to be that good at it and get it right so much of the time. That's why Hopegood is the leading off loader in the comp or there abouts. Moretti needs to be more of a terrier and a go getter type. No real frills but a worker both in attack and defense for his size, like Ruben or he will be a very average player otherwise. Size does matter. He hasn't got the skill set as a smaller player to be a high quality NRL player who can carry the ball like Hopgood or make huge bullocking runs if he was a larger type. So he needs to be agile and a worker, otherwise he will eventually be bypassed for someone that can offer more than a couple of decent hitups and a standard number of tackles a game.

I hope he can increase his intensity and involvement as he gets more NRL fitness into him, but something tells me that he will be just average and he won't get to the levels that make him a must have in the team. But I hope I am wrong, I think he can if he worked hard enough and was mentally prepared to sacrifice and follow everything that is being taught to him. There is potential there, but has he the mind set to go to that other level. I tend to think not from what I have seen of him so far and his previous stints coming through.

He is listed as only being one kilo light than Ruben Cotter.

Ram he needs more game time to see if he can shine. Remember Grieg didn’t look good until he was given extended minutes.
These 12min cameos off the bench don't do much for his development

TheRam

Coach
Ram he needs more game time to see if he can shine. Remember Grieg didn’t look good until he was given extended minutes.
These 12min cameos off the bench don't do much for his development

Agreed Hindy. I am only going off of what we have seen of him thus far. We won't know for sure until he has had at least 30-40 appearances with greater mins. But due to his lack of being a heavyweight palooka he needs to be more of a terrier type to succeed in my opinion.

But you're right more mins is the only way we can fully assess him.

P.S.

So glad you are back little buddy. I was getting very sad not seeing you around here. It was getting so boring. I hope you enjoyed your little hiatus and refreshed the batteries for a big tilt during the finals coming up and we can both nail a few apologetic arses to the wall in the process when the almost invariable happens and we miss out on the 8.

We should never have been in this position if we got it right in recruitment from last season and the off season.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agreed Hindy. I am only going off of what we have seen of him thus far. We won't know for sure until he has had at least 30-40 appearances with greater mins. But due to his lack of being a heavyweight palooka he needs to be more of a terrier type to succeed in my opinion.

P.S.

So glad you are back little buddy. I was getting very sad not seeing you around here. It was getting so boring. I hope you enjoyed your little hiatus and refreshed the batteries for a big tilt during the finals coming up and we can both nail a few apologetic arses to the wall in the process when the almost invariable happens and we miss out on the 8.

We should never have been in this position if we got it right in recruitment from last season and the off season.

I had to come back for you Ram. I missed my big buddy.
And someone has to keep the peanuts in check.

Funniest comment of year for mine was when Pou claimed JA was better then Ezra Mann. He has some great jokes.

Enjoy your night sugar tits

yy_cheng

Coach

P.S.

I thought Hindy111 was 6'3

lucablight

First Grade
He is the only one with grunt, that’s what he bring, emu is a a slower version, both are must keep, but I have no confidence whatsoever in this clubs ability regarding retention and releasing
People are looking at the on field results this season and conflating that with the quality of our recruitment and retention. I think the recruitment and retention committee have done a pretty good job. They’ve managed to retain Gutherson, Brown, Moses, Penisini, Matterson, Paulo,RCG, Hopgood and Cartwright. That’s a freaking great effort. I’m not happy with the outside backs situation either but the Dunster injury and Waqa Blake’s meltdown have really screwed us over this season. We haven’t played well as a team for most of this season but the recruitment and retention committee have left us with a squad that should be more than competitive for the near future.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
People are looking at the on field results this season and conflating that with the quality of our recruitment and retention. I think the recruitment and retention committee have done a pretty good job. They’ve managed to retain Gutherson, Brown, Moses, Penisini, Matterson, Paulo,RCG, Hopgood and Cartwright. That’s a freaking great effort. I’m not happy with the outside backs situation either but the Dunster injury and Waqa Blake’s meltdown have really screwed us over this season. We haven’t played well as a team for most of this season but the recruitment and retention committee have left us with a squad that should be more than competitive for the near future.
Yep, rather than accept that shit happens and missing too many games from first graders equals too many losses, merkins want someone to blame. The squad is fine. At full strength it could've finished in the top four.

King-Gutho94

Coach
1 step forward 2 steps back.

We still have 3/4 of our spine next year you would Moses gets better next year and Drown keep his head off the field.

The first month really cost us. Had us on back foot and chasing our tail this year.

We should have win at least 2 of those first 3 games. If we did we would be 4th right now especially that Melbourne one Moses bottled.

And dumb slip ups like the Titans in Magic Round and then getting screwed for the warriors match at origin have pushed us behind the cut off.

JokerEel

Coach
Yep, rather than accept that shit happens and missing too many games from first graders equals too many losses, merkins want someone to blame. The squad is fine. At full strength it could've finished in the top four.

Pou our first 8 loses What merkins were missing to make us not able to win those games?

The Predictor

Juniors
B
They have unfortunately off set that with some very perplexing signings this year, regarding the players they have detained….Dads Army in about 3 years, and they only retained them because they paid all of them overs, no club we’re offering more, RCG was basically a Dolphin, until Parra intervened with a better offer, I feel our senior players are most loyal to the $$$$ as opposed to their lower paid mates and club, love or hate the panfers, they are tight and always play for each other, fans and club, I’m afraid we are NOT that team and club!!!!