What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
We concede 40 points per game with this plodder
Interesting how we had to get him from UK super league where he was coming off the bench and straight into the squad to play big minutes.
Was probably jet lagged first game against the Storm....
Whilst I don't think he's the main problem I do question the likes of Davey, Waqa Blake, Momoisea.
I thought Hands was doing fine. Whilst not contributing to attack was making his tackles and distributing well enough despite the odd forward pass which every teams hooker throws. Some alot more than others yet the blindsmen on the touchline seem to let go.
Who would've thought going into the season with 2 30± year old hookers was a good idea? Not even the local knock shop would allow it

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's not easy getting flogged, but sometimes you've gotta man up and give the other team some love whilst you're kicking stones.

You're right Pete, they are very talented acriss the park.

Absolutely, and we need to give them credit.

But our head coach has decided to spout garbage truisms such as, "we came to win", and "the effort was there".

He's a clueless, dribbling, incomprehensibly incompetent buffoon, who has not improved this side at all.

While we have had some massive setbacks this season, having this pelican front a media conference and have the gall to say the effort was there is just embarrassing.

I don't care if Hindy's friend, Mik, coaches the team - Arthur has to go.

TheRam

Coach
Interesting how we had to get him from UK super league where he was coming off the bench and straight into the squad to play big minutes.
Was probably jet lagged first game against the Storm....
Whilst I don't think he's the main problem I do question the likes of Davey, Waqa Blake, Momoisea.
I thought Hands was doing fine. Whilst not contributing to attack was making his tackles and distributing well enough despite the odd forward pass which every teams hooker throws. Some alot more than others yet the blindsmen on the touchline seem to let go.
Who would've thought going into the season with 2 30± year old hookers was a good idea? Not even the local knock shop would allow it

I have been saying that we should have been making enquiries into Phoenix Crossland for next season. He isn't available till 2025 but they also have Jayden Brailey on their books, so it isn't out of the question if we signed him after November 1, that then he could agitate for an early release and if the rumours are right they would probably welcome the salary cap relief.

Oh well, Potato Head and Co are probably very happy with their dummy half stocks now. We are probably stuck with what we've got and another club will finally see what I have been seeing and snap him up or the Knights might actually prefer Phoenix and allow Jayden to leave, who I would be very cautious about due to his constant injury status. Phoenix is big and strong for a hooker, the way I like them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Absolutely, and we need to give them credit.

But our head coach has decided to spout garbage truisms such as, "we came to win", and "the effort was there".

He's a clueless, dribbling, incomprehensibly incompetent buffoon, who has not improved this side at all.

While we have had some massive setbacks this season, having this pelican front a media conference and have the gall to say the effort was there is just embarrassing.

I don't care if Hindy's friend, Mik, coaches the team - Arthur has to go.

MIK would have us top 4

hindy111

Post Whore
I have been saying that we should have been making enquiries into Phoenix Crossland for next season. He isn't available till 2025 but they also have Jayden Brailey on their books, so it isn't out of the question if we signed him after November 1, that then he could agitate for an early release and if the rumours are right they would probably welcome the salary cap relief.

Oh well, Potato Head and Co are probably very happy with their dummy half stocks now. We are probably stuck with what we've got and another club will finally see what I have been seeing and snap him up or the Knights might actually prefer Phoenix and allow Jayden to leave, who I would be very cautious about due to his constant injury status. Phoenix is big and strong for a hooker, the way I like them.

I like them big and strong as well Ram

TheRam

Coach
Conspiracy theory post.

Potato Heads youngest son is a young Dummy Half currently in our system.

Won't be ready for at least 3 seasons.

If we have adequate Dummy Halves in the squad, but journey men not out and out NRL high end quality then when junior is ready, it isn't so hard for him to step up and into the starting 13.

Why would Potato Head allow the DH to be so average when he can have a better quality option? Well we all know he doesn't really value that position like other coaches do. He just wants a distributor that gives good clean service to the highly paid conductors in 6, 7 and 1 positions and can make his tackles. So who knows?

You may say, but our current DH isn't making his tackles though. Well in Potato Heads mind he probably reasons that that is because the big ugly and well paid palookas around him are the issue and that when the team is firing and we are physically in the collision and winning the fight, the DH's missed tackles are less and inconsequential and don't matter so much at all.

Just a thought. But hey who knows? I mean why else would you be filling one of the most important positions with total gash when there have been enough decent players to actually add quality to that position and still are as my previous post suggests available if we used our brains? Or Potato Head could be just stupid as my nickname for him suggests too.

For the apologists out there don't bother, this is a theory and as such your angst will be ignored.

parra pete

Referee
They will be cannon fodder, them making the top 8 makes a mockery of the top 8 system. Says plenty about our team that we couldn't even be cannon fodder in this years top 8.

You are one unhappy soul, mate!!...why bother following a team if it causes you so much stress?
I was once like you, so one-eyed I made myself sick worrying about things I had no control over.
It will soon be the end of the season, then nothing until February 2024..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You are one unhappy soul, mate!!...why bother following a team if it causes you so much stress?
I was once like you, so one-eyed I made myself sick worrying about things I had no control over.
Of course i follow Parra. Are you going to tell me i have no friends again lol???

And there is plenty going on before Feb, we have a cricket WC, whole summer of cricket and the spring carnival.

Incorrect

Coach
Conversely, why bother following a team if you're so apathetic and passionless about their fortunes? What's the point?

If we had a team like the Tigers on paper, there wouldn't be so much angst from some of the teams supporters. But we've got an Origin halfback, 2 middle forwards that played Origin this year, plus the likes of Matterson, Gutherson and Drown... This is a team that shouldn't be conceding 50+ points like they did last night. Or even 20 points v the Dragons last week and who knows how that would have played out if Gutho didn't pull off that illegal strip on Liddle....

Underachievers and proud of it...

parra pete

Referee
Conversely, why bother following a team if you're so apathetic and passionless about their fortunes? What's the point?

If we had a team like the Tigers on paper, there wouldn't be so much angst from some of the teams supporters. But we've got an Origin halfback, 2 middle forwards that played Origin this year, plus the likes of Matterson, Gutherson and Drown... This is a team that shouldn't be conceding 50+ points like they did last night. Or even 20 points v the Dragons last week and who knows how that would have played out if Gutho didn't pull off that illegal strip on Liddle....

Underachievers and proud of it...
Stand tall, be proud.!!!

Latest posts