What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Pick up ya tissue box.....Still three rounds until the finals. Too early to raise the white flag on 2023....It ain't over until it's over ---and it ain't over yet..

I admire your stoicism. I truly do.

What Arthur SHOULD have said last night is that, despite how well the Broncos played, the standard at which we played was not good enough.

Instead, he says that we "had a go", and we "came to win".

I don't care if they're empty truisms - he needs to take accountability, and admit that it's just not good enough.

eels_fan

First Grade
MON needs to go first. Then the head of recruitment. BA can have 2024 as our squad is already basically locked in so an incoming coach would have no time, funds or roster spots to make a difference. We appoint a new coach for 2025 by round 6. They start building the squad they want without having to worry about day to day training etc. If BA doesn’t want to hang around for the 6 months left Barrett can caretake.

parra pete

Referee
I admire your stoicism. I truly do.

What Arthur SHOULD have said last night is that, despite how well the Broncos played, the standard at which we played was not good enough.

Instead, he says that we "had a go", and we "came to win".

I don't care if they're empty truisms - he needs to take accountability, and admit that it's just not good enough.

TheRam

Coach
The diabolical decision making from the retention and recruitment committee has almost immediately found its way into the NRLW team too.

Last weeks team had only 4 players from our last years GF team in it. We have allowed and lost almost our entire GF team roster and now sit at the stump of the ladder with zero wins and after this weekend I expect 4 straight losses and counting.

I said months before the start of the season that we had totally ballsed this up and that we were now going to be struggling big time to assemble a competitive roster and was howled down and told that I was over reacting by the usual apologists and that it was early days and that we would eventually pick up quality players.

How was that ever possible when the majority of our roster was gone already and signed by other teams and most of the real quality players were already signed by all our competitors I don't know.

Well look at us now. Sh*t team to go with our sh*t male counterparts. Just the way our club likes it.

eels_fan

First Grade
If anyone within our club has any sense they are on the phone to player managers right now shopping Paulo, Sivo, Lane, Davey, Matto & Dyl to rivals.

combined about $3m. Even if we have to pay $6-800k of their freight, it allows a mini-rebuild

then I’d look at our backups that are not even NRL quality like Cini, Murchie, Momo and shift them too

hindy111

Post Whore
The nucleus of our squad is strong. 2024 will be ok. Need to find a few backs.
Moses isn't worth 1.25mill but that's our issue now. He is still quality.
Squads tired and flat amd given up. That's on the coach. We have no electricity and had enough.
Wind it up and rebuild for 2025 onwards
That includes a new coach.

BTW Pou. Ivan took the Warriors to the final 4/6 years he was there. Untill now they've been rubbish since. Don't compare Bushy to him

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
If anyone within our club has any sense they are on the phone to player managers right now shopping Paulo, Sivo, Lane, Davey, Matto & Dyl to rivals.

combined about $3m. Even if we have to pay $6-800k of their freight, it allows a mini-rebuild

then I’d look at our backups that are not even NRL quality like Cini, Murchie, Momo and shift them too
I wouldn't be getting rid of Paulo , lane, sivo, and dyl....that's crazy...

Yeah they are underperforming, but maybe they are just sick of the same bash it up game.plan from the bald idiot.

These guys need a new voice. It's so f**king obvious.

JokerEel

Coach

Yeah they are underperforming, but maybe they are just sick of the same bash it up game.plan from the bald idiot.

Sivo can go.. Lane should probably be a bench player now with recruitment for second rowers a must.

eels_fan

First Grade

Same squad without depth again in 2024 isn’t going to improve with just a new voice unless we get kissed on the D and don’t have any injuries or suspensions and our top 17-20 is all we use all season.

only way to strengthen our depth is to cut some players to reinvigorate the squad

IFR33K

Coach
The nucleus of our squad is strong. 2024 will be ok. Need to find a few backs.
Moses isn't worth 1.25mill but that's our issue now. He is still quality.
Squads tired and flat amd given up. That's on the coach. We have no electricity and had enough.
Wind it up and rebuild for 2025 onwards
That includes a new coach.

BTW Pou. Ivan took the Warriors to the final 4/6 years he was there. Untill now they've been rubbish since. Don't compare Bushy to him

the reason Moses isn’t looking like a 1.2 mill player is because there’s no cattle around him. Our centres are slow, our fullback for all his strengths has as many weaknesses and our wingers are kaka.

our edge forwards are hardly imposing. We lost papa and Marata and replaced him with Davey lmao.

Moses needs a few strike players around him tbh.

JokerEel

Coach
Same squad without depth again in 2024 isn’t going to improve with just a new voice unless we get kissed on the D and don’t have any injuries or suspensions and our top 17-20 is all we use all season.

only way to strengthen our depth is to cut some players to reinvigorate the squad

Depth in position is the only way we are going to get better. We need players in NSW Cup contending for NRL positions not just filling in. But Pou will tell you they are just backups which is why we are where we are...

Soto

Bench
And in all seriousness we need to start looking at who could/should be our next coach from 2024 or 2025
My preferences
1. Billy Slater
2. Trent Robinson
3. Todd Payten
4. Cooper Cronk
5.Andrew Webster
6.Michael McGuire
7.Pipe dream - Ivan Cleary
8.Pipe dream - Craig Bellamy
9. Ryan Carr
10. Not Brad Arthur

I'm not even bothering with Wayne Bennett as he is set in Qld and unfortunately will be too old

JokerEel

Coach
And in all seriousness we need to start looking at who could/should be our next coach from 2024 or 2025
My preferences
1. Billy Slater
2. Trent Robinson
3. Todd Payten
4. Cooper Cronk
5.Andrew Webster
6.Michael McGuire
9. Ryan Carr
10. Not Brad Arthur

I'm not even bothering with Wayne Bennett as he is set in Qld and unfortunately will be too old

Billy Slater and Bellamy as head of football and it can be part time ffs!

If they get us a premiership they can have their 09 celebration as much as they want down at the Storm after that!

gaffer

Juniors
My preferences
1. Billy Slater
2. Trent Robinson
3. Todd Payten
4. Cooper Cronk
5.Andrew Webster
6.Michael McGuire
9. Ryan Carr
10. Not Brad Arthur

my pick is no10

oldmancraigy

Coach

And throwing players out to just get rid of them won't necessarily help the cap position or the squad depth.

Isn't the problem with the depth the depth players themselves, not the players ahead of them?

We might have to rebuild, try and offload the bottom 10 from the cap and replace them with young guys with high level talent. Then see what we can bring out of them with coaching.

No sense offloading Paulo so that we can replace his rosyer spot with a worse player just because Murchie is no good...

We had cash to spend and 3 open spotd for this year, we filled them up with Joffa, Davey and I'm not sure who. I thought JA went out and LusSick came in, which meant we still had an open top 30 spot (and tried convincing Schoupp and Smith-Shields to come, but failed to get either). So not sure what happened to that lucky last roster spot? Upgrade for someone?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
the reason Moses isn’t looking like a 1.2 mill player is because there’s no cattle around him. Our centres are slow, our fullback for all his strengths has as many weaknesses and our wingers are kaka.

our edge forwards are hardly imposing. We lost papa and Marata and replaced him with Davey lmao.

Moses needs a few strike players around him tbh.
Don’t worry mate MON and Bea are looking at an X Factor signing to help out Guth. Josh Mansour or Kyle Felch are in their sights.

Latest posts