What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Wally21

Bench
If anyone within our club has any sense they are on the phone to player managers right now shopping Paulo, Sivo, Lane, Davey, Matto & Dyl to rivals.

combined about $3m. Even if we have to pay $6-800k of their freight, it allows a mini-rebuild

then I’d look at our backups that are not even NRL quality like Cini, Murchie, Momo and shift them too
Agree with that list with the exception of Dylan.
Most imortantly we need to change the CEO, Head of football and coach and bring a culture of accountability

Incorrect

Coach
I
Agree with that list with the exception of Dylan.
Most imortantly we need to change the CEO, Head of football and coach and bring a culture of accountability
I'm going to give Lane the benefit of a very very evergrowing doubt for season 2023. Injuries have hindered him for sure, but what I saw when he did play had me concerned that he had regressed to the Lane that was let go by the Dogs and Warriors which should always ring alarm bells....

Bandwagon

Staff member
In Attack at least:

1. Dyl
6. Guth
7. Moses

that will give us the x-factor

They switch back in defense

In defence that'd be fine, only question would be how good Dyl is at counting the numbers, and organising, but both Moses and Gutho would control their edges anyways.

One out he's probably one of the best defenders in the game.

eel01s

Bench
For a team that relies on a "power game", we seem to have the wrong type of player. I know we have missed RCG, but when your best go forward merchant is Bryce Cartwright you know something is rotten in the team.

What Ice gave us was that explosive runner. We have hardly had that this year. The forwards are usually flat footed instead of running onto the ball.

On the other side of the ball, we simply cannot control the ruck, nor can we defend in behind the ruck.

Until we fix this we will go nowhere.

eels_fan

First Grade
No sense offloading Paulo so that we can replace his rosyer spot with a worse player just because Murchie is no good...
Think there is a heap of sense.
He’s on $850k and plays like a $400k player.

we could sign a $400k player of equal ability and have money spare for 1/2 depth signings

lucablight

First Grade
Conspiracy theory post.

Potato Heads youngest son is a young Dummy Half currently in our system.

Won't be ready for at least 3 seasons.

If we have adequate Dummy Halves in the squad, but journey men not out and out NRL high end quality then when junior is ready, it isn't so hard for him to step up and into the starting 13.

Why would Potato Head allow the DH to be so average when he can have a better quality option? Well we all know he doesn't really value that position like other coaches do. He just wants a distributor that gives good clean service to the highly paid conductors in 6, 7 and 1 positions and can make his tackles. So who knows?

You may say, but our current DH isn't making his tackles though. Well in Potato Heads mind he probably reasons that that is because the big ugly and well paid palookas around him are the issue and that when the team is firing and we are physically in the collision and winning the fight, the DH's missed tackles are less and inconsequential and don't matter so much at all.

Just a thought. But hey who knows? I mean why else would you be filling one of the most important positions with total gash when there have been enough decent players to actually add quality to that position and still are as my previous post suggests available if we used our brains? Or Potato Head could be just stupid as my nickname for him suggests too.

For the apologists out there don't bother, this is a theory and as such your angst will be ignored.
Ray Hadley has already claimed that this is the case.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We'll probably pay full freight for the Roosters to release an ageing Tedesco to us...

I have it on good authority that our 2024 squad will look like this:

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jarrod Croker (C)
4. Vai Toutai
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. James Tamou
9. Jake Granville
10. Jared Warea-Hargreaves
11. Wade Graham
12. Tariq Simms
13. Martin Taupau

And given the star-studded roster, Coach will make the hitherto unprecedented decision to play with only 13 every week.

Last edited:

The Predictor

Juniors
Same squad without depth again in 2024 isn’t going to improve with just a new voice unless we get kissed on the D and don’t have any injuries or suspensions and our top 17-20 is all we use all season.

only way to strengthen our depth is to cut some players to reinvigorate the squad
The coach is stale, a new voice will make the world of difference!!

Latest posts