What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
Win both - 7th/8th
Win one - 9th/10th
Win none - 11th/12th.

Finishing 11th or 12th would be catastrophic imo… from grand finalists to being basically as close to last as playing finals isn’t acceptable no matter what adversity or reasoning you try to mitigate it with.

Women’s team running last and I doubt will move off the bottom, after a GF last year too.

Add to that a nsw cup team that will also miss the finals and have worst f&a in the comp and developing zero future NRL players

nothing short of significant changes in our football department top to bottom is acceptable.

MON must be the first out the door and should be announced the day after our 2023 campaign ends

King-Gutho94

Coach
Win both - 7th/8th
Win one - 9th/10th
Win none - 11th/12th.

Finishing 11th or 12th would be catastrophic imo… from grand finalists to being basically as close to last as playing finals isn’t acceptable no matter what adversity or reasoning you try to mitigate it with.

Women’s team running last and I doubt will move off the bottom, after a GF last year too.

Add to that a nsw cup team that will also miss the finals and have worst f&a in the comp and developing zero future NRL players

nothing short of significant changes in our football department top to bottom is acceptable.

MON must be the first out the door and should be announced the day after our 2023 campaign ends
It's been a shambles of a year no doubt and a proper review of the whole organisation needs to be undertaken from NRL, NSW Cup, NRLW and the whole program to make sure it isn't repeated.

But to say close to last is ridiculous tigers have won 3 games and we have had 11.

If we scrape 1 more win which is unlikely they still won 50% of games which in some years gets you to the finals.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's been a shambles of a year no doubt and a proper review of the whole organisation needs to be undertaken from NRL, NSW Cup, NRLW and the whole program to make sure it isn't repeated.

But to say close to last is ridiculous tigers have won 3 games and we have had 11.

If we scrape 1 more win which is unlikely they still won 50% of games which in some years gets you to the finals.
I would argue this is the weakest year ever and to not make the finals with this team is an utter failure. Should be punt worthy but not at this club. We give extensions away like candy on Halloween.

Gronk

Staff member
Can't see the point of creating stress over things I can do NOTHING about.
Been there, done that.
Following Parramatta has brought me more joy than sorrow
I love watching them play - win lose or draw.
In the "old days" it was the be all end all of my existence.
Then I realised when a season ends, euphoria - or disappointment - lasts for about half an hour after the full time siren...and then there is another coupla months with no games - and watching Clubs 'plunder' each other signing 'stars' and pretending that those 'superstars' actually CARE about the Club and supporters more than they do about themselves and the MONEY in the bank.
I love the doors sport has opened for me, and the friendships I have made through it.
ENJOY it, sure. STRESS about it...NEVER.. 'taint worf it.....All it does is make you old before your time - and there is nothing you can do about it....
I have seen the Parramatta side of the late fifties, - when the Club was the perennial wooden spooners. saw the Club play its first MATCH OF THE DAY at SCG, (Vs St George, Round 1, 1960), seen the 'coming of the Lord' with the signing of Ken Thornett 1962), saw the first ever semi final game (V Wests 1962) saw the first ever semi final win (v Balmain, 1963), travelled to Newcastle to watch Parra lose to Newcastle Division in State Cup final 1963), was at Cumberland Oval when Parramatta defeated South Africa on a Wednesday afternnon, saw Parra lose its first Grand Final appearance in 1976..Saw Parra win its premierships in 1981, 82,83,1986. Was at the Parra Leagues Club for the "Farewell night for Mick Cronin and Ray Price 1n 1986.
Was at the Grand Final loss in 2009 to Melbourne Storm....
I have had more ups than downs - and the mates I have made through sport, more than compensates for any disappointments.
Well said mate. I admire your mindset.

I have seen this all before from an online POV. Even though it's a fan site, not everyone watches and supports their team the same as you do or I do.

Some, are loyalists and are glass half full 24/7. Sone are waiting for them to fall over.

You can see that with post activity. Make the GF and some people's post count sky rockets. Some however go missing.

Get bundled out of the top 8 and some grow an extra leg and post in almost a celebratory manner. As if the controversy is something they have been waiting for.

We're all different and that's cool. Each to their own.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would argue this is the weakest year ever and to not make the finals with this team is an utter failure. Should be punt worthy but not at this club. We give extensions away like candy on Halloween.
Yeah it's pretty weak no doubt. Just bad luck I suppose to have a down year.

We pissed away games at the start of the year and it's broken us at the back end.

Having been away for the last 7 weeks I would be curious how much heat the club and BA is copping back home in the media over the late season collapse.

BA time is up I just don't think the club are ruthless enough to go through with it.

Noise

Coach
Yeah it's pretty weak no doubt. Just bad luck I suppose to have a down year.

We pissed away games at the start of the year and it's broken us at the back end.

Having been away for the last 7 weeks I would be curious how much heat the club and BA is copping back home in the media over the late season collapse.

BA time is up I just don't think the club are ruthless enough to go through with it.
There has been no heat on him from the media.

yy_cheng

Coach
Well said mate. I admire your mindset.

I have seen this all before from an online POV. Even though it's a fan site, not everyone watches and supports their team the same as you do or I do.

Some, are loyalists and are glass half full 24/7. Sone are waiting for them to fall over.

You can see that with post activity. Make the GF and some people's post count sky rockets. Some however go missing.

Get bundled out of the top 8 and some grow an extra leg and post in almost a celebratory manner. As if the controversy is something they have been waiting for.

We're all different and that's cool. Each to their own.
Don't get the celebratory remark. We're posting to say we need change and it starts up top.

Something difference this year is that when we play bad, there is always rumours from the media that Brad's tenure is under pressure. This year there's none

Latest posts