What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
I would argue this is the weakest year ever and to not make the finals with this team is an utter failure. Should be punt worthy but not at this club. We give extensions away like candy on Halloween.

I reckon that's hyperbole, the comp is closer this year than it's probably been in a while, and teams like the Roosters ( and us ) who should've made finals obviously have underperformed. But the flipside is a few other teams have lifted, and teams like the Sharks and Raiders have been kissed on the dick with their draw.

Penrith and The Storm have come back to the pack a little, but that doesn't make the comp weak per se, it has made it closer.

Not making the finals is a fail, no arguments there, but you don't need to be exaggerating to make that point.

gaffer

Juniors
Yeah it's pretty weak no doubt. Just bad luck I suppose to have a down year.

We pissed away games at the start of the year and it's broken us at the back end.

Having been away for the last 7 weeks I would be curious how much heat the club and BA is copping back home in the media over the late season collapse.

BA time is up I just don't think the club are ruthless enough to go through with it.
maybe the powers think that if they sack the coach their job isn't safe either

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon that's hyperbole, the comp is closer this year than it's probably been in a while, and teams like the Roosters ( and us ) who should've made finals obviously have underperformed. But the flipside is a few other teams have lifted, and teams like the Sharks and Raiders have been kissed on the dick with their draw.

Penrith and The Storm have come back to the pack a little, but that doesn't make the comp weak per se, it has made it closer.

Not making the finals is a fail, no arguments there, but you don't need to be exaggerating to make that point.
Hyperbole?? A new team came in and took 30 odd players out of the talent pool, of course the comp is weaker. How can a team as shit as the Raiders or Newcastle making the finals mean it’s not an embarrassing weak comp?? Sharks finish 5th and they are absolute pretenders I mean look at how many games the Dolphins managed to win with a hodge Podge group of young players or past their best veterans?? Them only winning a few less game than us shows what an utter failure this season has been spin it how you like to feel better but this season has been an utter failure and embarrassment.

IF we f**k up this weekend the Roosters finish higher than us. I think they'll beat Tigers but lose to the Bunnies - so likely not enough to make the 8 from where they are either.

Gronk

Staff member
Don't get the celebratory remark. We're posting to say we need change and it starts up top.

Something difference this year is that when we play bad, there is always rumours from the media that Brad's tenure is under pressure. This year there's none
If you don't think it applies to you, then why take umbrage? If it doesn't apply to you, then you don't need to explain yourself. Indeed, I didn't @ you in the first place.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If and when the roosters overtake us on the ladder (I think they may still squeeze into the 8) we’ll have been by far the most disappointing team of the year.

The roosters play souffs in the last round of the regular season, you reckon the NRL are vying for another one of those BoOk Of fEuds..clashes?

The dick kissing at Bondi will be full swing starting from Friday night.

pazzaeel

Juniors
How does Jim Sarantinos' position work? Who decides if he stays or goes?

Currently He, MON and BA are underperforming - that is obvious.

I am worried we are in a bit of hole for minimum 2-3 yrs with so much money tied up in an aging (aged) forward pack.

Stagger eel

Staff member
How does Jim Sarantinos' position work? Who decides if he stays or goes?

Currently He, MON and BA are underperforming - that is obvious.

I am worried we are in a bit of hole for minimum 2-3 yrs with so much money tied up in an aging (aged) forward pack.

The Board?

If an independent review isn't in full swing by the 27th of August than the board need to also die on their sword.

Do we still have seperate "football" and "leagues club" boards? Is Jim CEO of both, or just one. If it's both/interweaved, then there's no change the Board gets punted if the leagues club "business" (pokies, restaurants, take over of small club premises in surrounding areas etc) is going well.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The Board?

If an independent review isn't in full swing by the 27th of August than the board need to also die on their sword.
Id suggest that you probably know more about the workings and issues of the inner sanctum than the average punter on here. To hear you speak as such raises strong concerns.
My fear is that excuses will override reality. We have little resilience and have obviously made some alarming decisions. NRL and NSW Cup aside, what happened to our Womens Roster borders on total incompetence.
Cheers

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Id suggest that you probably know more about the workings and issues of the inner sanctum than the average punter on here. To hear you speak as such raises strong concerns.
My fear is that excuses will override reality. We have little resilience and have obviously made some alarming decisions. NRL and NSW Cup aside, what happened to our Womens Roster borders on total incompetence.
Cheers
We let two of our best players walk out the door under contract, did we get any compensation?? Did we even ask for any??

Amateur hour stuff, why bother have a womens team if you aren’t going to have a real crack??? Who am I kidding we don’t even do this with the men’s team.

Gazzamatta

Coach
We let two of our best players walk out the door under contract, did we get any compensation?? Did we even ask for any??

Amateur hour stuff, why bother have a womens team if you aren’t going to have a real crack??? Who am I kidding we don’t even do this with the men’s team.
Not sure if Ive told this story.
A few months ago I noticed a withdrawal from my bank account. Investigation discovered it was Parra renewing my Grandies Womens Membership from year one. No emails no nothing. Just processed a renewed membership. Obviously I got my money back after complaining.
A word of warning. If a current member does not advise not to automatically renew their membership, mens or womens, then they WILL process a renewal in 2024 without even asking.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Cheers

As you probably know I don't frequent these parts of the world that often anymore ( to the delight of @TheRam ) ... but I had concerns about our squad this year in November last year and the way our GF womens team was dismantled was absolutely disturbing top say the least.

I carry next to no faith in whoever is running the joint now to get us out this mess.

pazzaeel

Juniors
As you probably know I don't frequent these parts of the world that often anymore ( to the delight of @TheRam ) ... but I had concerns about our squad this year in November last year and the way our GF womens team was dismantled was absolutely disturbing top say the least.

I carry next to no faith in whoever is running the joint now to get us out this mess.
what a mess it is too.

our mid season signings this year absolutely stink and i estimate that they will be costing us upwards of $800k per year in the cap moving forward.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the signings of Davey and Joffa probably f**k us big time moving forward.

I don't know what the thought process was with Davey's signings other than the fact that he was cheap and resided with Lane so it was more a convenient signing..

the decisions in and around our top 30 have been the worse I remember. mind you it was up there in GF with bringing Hayne and Evans into club in 2018.

Latest posts