What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

parra pete

Referee
Conversely, why bother following a team if you're so apathetic and passionless about their fortunes? What's the point?

If we had a team like the Tigers on paper, there wouldn't be so much angst from some of the teams supporters. But we've got an Origin halfback, 2 middle forwards that played Origin this year, plus the likes of Matterson, Gutherson and Drown... This is a team that shouldn't be conceding 50+ points like they did last night. Or even 20 points v the Dragons last week and who knows how that would have played out if Gutho didn't pull off that illegal strip on Liddle....

Underachievers and proud of it...
Can't see the point of creating stress over things I can do NOTHING about.
Been there, done that.
Following Parramatta has brought me more joy than sorrow
I love watching them play - win lose or draw.
In the "old days" it was the be all end all of my existence.
Then I realised when a season ends, euphoria - or disappointment - lasts for about half an hour after the full time siren...and then there is another coupla months with no games - and watching Clubs 'plunder' each other signing 'stars' and pretending that those 'superstars' actually CARE about the Club and supporters more than they do about themselves and the MONEY in the bank.
I love the doors sport has opened for me, and the friendships I have made through it.
ENJOY it, sure. STRESS about it...NEVER.. 'taint worf it.....All it does is make you old before your time - and there is nothing you can do about it....
I have seen the Parramatta side of the late fifties, - when the Club was the perennial wooden spooners. saw the Club play its first MATCH OF THE DAY at SCG, (Vs St George, Round 1, 1960), seen the 'coming of the Lord' with the signing of Ken Thornett 1962), saw the first ever semi final game (V Wests 1962) saw the first ever semi final win (v Balmain, 1963), travelled to Newcastle to watch Parra lose to Newcastle Division in State Cup final 1963), was at Cumberland Oval when Parramatta defeated South Africa on a Wednesday afternnon, saw Parra lose its first Grand Final appearance in 1976..Saw Parra win its premierships in 1981, 82,83,1986. Was at the Parra Leagues Club for the "Farewell night for Mick Cronin and Ray Price 1n 1986.
Was at the Grand Final loss in 2009 to Melbourne Storm....
I have had more ups than downs - and the mates I have made through sport, more than compensates for any disappointments.

Soto

Bench
I have it on good authority that our 2024 squad will look like this:

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jarrod Croker (C)
4. Vai Toutai
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. James Tamou
9. Jake Granville
10. Jared Warea-Hargreaves
11. Wade Graham
12. Tariq Simms
13. Martin Taupau

And given the star-studded roster, Coach will make the hitherto unprecedented decision to play with only 13 every week.
Not only am i buying GF tickets I'm buying world club challenge tickets for the following year and flying to the UK via business class

yy_cheng

Coach
could ethan sanders get a couple of games to replace moses If he's good enough he's old enough
He thinks we can still make the finals and he is not the type to take that risk of3 he has other choices that he already knows about. I don't think sanders will get any game time at all before he leaves unless we have more than 1 half going down

Latest posts