What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Pete I dont think you understand the frustration from the fans on here..

Of course, the Broncos were too good but why have we not gotten any better? why are we getting worse?

Why are we not the team the Broncos are or Panthers? Thats the frustration yeah if we had won a competition in the last 10 years I doubt we would be so pissy but unfortunately we haven't.
Also most of us didn’t change teams to the Raiders when the going got tough.

hindy111

Post Whore
It depends who's responsible for the development of those players during the transition between flegg and seniors?..

personally, I'm not quite sure who it is but I dare say it's not Cayless whos role is to just coach reggies.

Might be Nathan Brown or Craig Brennon maybe?

I give you a HINDY111 AAA STAR rating. That's like winning an EMMY award. I enjoy your input

JokerEel

Coach
How much money do the Eels throw into the NRLW team? How much money do the Panthers throw into theirs? Can the Panthers not afford a women’s team? Or are they just prioritizing developing first grade pathways? If we are lacking ‘resources’ why aren’t we doing this also?

It is strange the Panfers don't have an NRLW side.. They are leading the competition by a long way in the men's game and would be able to attract the females in the area to a team.

I think its more of an NRL plan at the moment not sure how we got a side btw..

Noise

Coach
It is strange the Panfers don't have an NRLW side.. They are leading the competition by a long way in the men's game and would be able to attract the females in the area to a team.

I think its more of an NRL plan at the moment not sure how we got a side btw..
Clubs had to nominate to put in a side.i believe they have ‘expressed interest’ for 2025. We probably should have waited too.

Looks like Panther's application for one of this year's expanded NRLW spots was not successful, just yet.

The Predictor

Juniors
It amazes me that people can't concede that the Brisbane team that took on the Eels last week is a very good team, full of brilliant players in all positions - players who will be attracting plenty of interest if they ever go on the open market.
In addition, the team scored several brilliant tries on the way to its big win. I don't think the Parramatta team chucked its arse in the corner. They had a go, just not good enough on the night....
I prefer to give them credit, rather than 'bag' blokes who were outplayed. If you're not good enough, you're not good enough....irrespective of how much you want to be!!!
Introducing Pou number 2

The Predictor

Juniors
T

Of course, the Broncos were too good but why have we not gotten any better? why are we getting worse?

Why are we not the team the Broncos are or Panthers? Thats the frustration yeah if we had won a competition in the last 10 years I doubt we would be so pissy but unfortunately we haven't.
ha because Pete still has the Raiders to fall back, u are truly delusional, my friend

Stagger eel

Staff member
Question Staggs, Do you know what exactly happened and who allowed this situation to to happen? I mean we only haVE 4 of the 17 girls that played in the GF last year left and that doesn't include Botille Vette-Welsh who was out with a ACL who is now with the Tigers?

If I'm going to be honest I would say they were completely complacent and blown off the park by clubs that wanted our players more…

there are a number of clubs that competed in the Harvey Norman premiership which is basically 1 tier below NRLW, those clubs ie: wests and sharks had players that held NRLW contracts that couldn’t fulfill their obligations to Play for their clubs as they didn’t participate in the elite comp at the time So we pretty much took them on, but obviously couldn’t do enough to keep them.

those players probably felt a sense of obligation to Those teams rather than stay at Parra but at the same time, I think we did pretty f**ken shit job trying to hold on to them.

so the addition of 4 clubs in the comp really made it difficult to keep the players we supposedly wanted

the thing that angers me more is that we lost 2 of our best players to the broncos and Canberra respectively and those players weren’t even aligned to those teams to begin with And then we released our only contracted player ( Penitani ) to the sharks when we probably should of done more to hold on to her.

there’s a sense of complacency with recruitment at senior level for both men and women that is just head scratching stuff…

Wally21

Bench
That would suit Matto. He loves applying for extended leave.
Interesting Gaz, before TCT took down the grades article, that Gol guy said something to the effect of, “they don’t deserve me rating them properly, so I’m just phoning it in, like Matto’s performance”
His lack of accountability was there for us to all see at the start of the year

TheRam

Coach
If I'm going to be honest I would say they were completely complacent and blown off the park by clubs that wanted our players more…

there are a number of clubs that competed in the Harvey Norman premiership which is basically 1 tier below NRLW, those clubs ie: wests and sharks had players that held NRLW contracts that couldn’t fulfill their obligations to Play for their clubs as they didn’t participate in the elite comp at the time So we pretty much took them on, but obviously couldn’t do enough to keep them.

those players probably felt a sense of obligation to Those teams rather than stay at Parra but at the same time, I think we did pretty f**ken shit job trying to hold on to them.

so the addition of 4 clubs in the comp really made it difficult to keep the players we supposedly wanted

the thing that angers me more is that we lost 2 of our best players to the broncos and Canberra respectively and those players weren’t even aligned to those teams to begin with And then we released our only contracted player ( Penitani ) to the sharks when we probably should of done more to hold on to her.

there’s a sense of complacency with recruitment at senior level for both men and women that is just head scratching stuff…

Yep, exactly what I thought, useless incompetent f**kers who haven't got a clue and should have no business being at our club.

Problem though they are parasites and will cling like barnacles for life and only move on when pushed and be replace by more of the same as we have seen over the decades.

I think I have pretty much given up on our club of ever getting it done right. I more or less just don't watch our team/s play anymore and even have started to brush the NRL overall. I only watch 1 or 2 games on a weekend, and even that I find hard to watch, since now I just don't feel I have a team worth following and so I usually just switch off and do or watch something else.

Hell I spend more time on here then actually watch games now. How long even this is going to continue, who knows?

After 40 odd years I have come to the ugly conclusion that I/we follow a sh*t club that is not worth following anymore. I'm just about ready to turn it in give it up altogether. I definitely didn't sign up to be a fan of the North Sydney Bears.

Anyway thanks for your response.

parra pete

Referee

Injuries and suspensions for brain explosions cost the team dearly in 2023. No side has had more missing weeks through suspensions in 2023 than the Eels. Tit grabbing, knees from RCG, Sivo going ballistic with his elbow on about four occasions, RCG and Lane missing for huge chunks through injury.....that's some of the reasons 2023 has been a disappointment. Bounce of the Ball goes a different way in the opening three games, and against Broncos (Where Haas shoulda been sin binned leaving the Broncos with 11 for last 10) in Darwin - and all of a sudden, the team is UP THERE. I don't think it has been a bad a year as everyone is painting....and that's not to mention injuries to Dunster, Hodgson, Russell and Matto (suspension). The team had one arm tied behind their back for most of the season.
Expectation in a competition that is very close can end up in disappointing. Any way, still 3 rounds to go..Not over until its over!!!..

TheRam

Coach
You need to get past this.
That team won only one game in the regular season last year and had a differential of -20.
Sure they pulled of a couple of upsets in the Finals, but they were not a good team.

The team this year sucks, but it's not like we dismantled a top-tier team or anything.

You are kidding, right? We may have taken a couple of games to get going, but we had some pretty good players in that squad and class players. Hell just look at them playing in all the other teams. If they weren't that good they wouldn't have been sort after and or been playing in these other teams this season. We lost what should have been a nucleus of players that would at the very least kept us in the top 4 and vying for a title for the next 2-3 years. Now we are the joke of the competition that every other team can almost bank 2 points against.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Injuries and suspensions for brain explosions cost the team dearly in 2023. No side has had more missing weeks through suspensions in 2023 than the Eels. Tit grabbing, knees from RCG, Sivo going ballistic with his elbow on about four occasions, RCG and Lane missing for huge chunks through injury.....that's some of the reasons 2023 has been a disappointment. Bounce of the Ball goes a different way in the opening three games, and against Broncos (Where Haas shoulda been sin binned leaving the Broncos with 11 for last 10) in Darwin - and all of a sudden, the team is UP THERE. I don't think it has been a bad a year as everyone is painting....and that's not to mention injuries to Dunster, Hodgson, Russell and Matto (suspension). The team had one arm tied behind their back for most of the season.
Expectation in a competition that is very close can end up in disappointing. Any way, still 3 rounds to go..Not over until its over!!!..
I See You Love GIF

parra pete

Referee
It’s hilarious that Raider Pete questions the way anyone supports this team. He is the
King of chucking his bum all the way in the corner in Canberra.
;);) @ bitterpeople..
"It's only a game"...and there ain't nothin' you can do about it. Absolutely SFA...