What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Injuries and suspensions for brain explosions cost the team dearly in 2023. No side has had more missing weeks through suspensions in 2023 than the Eels. Tit grabbing, knees from RCG, Sivo going ballistic with his elbow on about four occasions, RCG and Lane missing for huge chunks through injury.....that's some of the reasons 2023 has been a disappointment. Bounce of the Ball goes a different way in the opening three games, and against Broncos (Where Haas shoulda been sin binned leaving the Broncos with 11 for last 10) in Darwin - and all of a sudden, the team is UP THERE. I don't think it has been a bad a year as everyone is painting....and that's not to mention injuries to Dunster, Hodgson, Russell and Matto (suspension). The team had one arm tied behind their back for most of the season.
Expectation in a competition that is very close can end up in disappointing. Any way, still 3 rounds to go..Not over until its over!!!..

Mate it's not just 1 season every year we always hear the same beaten by the better side.. when are we going to be that side.. 37 years of hearing there is always next year...

Gazzamatta

Coach
Interesting Gaz, before TCT took down the grades article, that Gol guy said something to the effect of, “they don’t deserve me rating them properly, so I’m just phoning it in, like Matto’s performance”
His lack of accountability was there for us to all see at the start of the year
Has Gol been sacked?

JokerEel

Coach
Listened to those maniacs on NRL360 they said we don't have a leader that can stand up when the team needs them.

For me I think that could be Hopgood his first full season under his belt he will grow another leg next year.

I wish we did sign someone like James Graham as a forwards coach as he would be good mentor for Hopgood.

Interesting Gaz, before TCT took down the grades article, that Gol guy said something to the effect of, “they don’t deserve me rating them properly, so I’m just phoning it in, like Matto’s performance”
His lack of accountability was there for us to all see at the start of the year
That was awesome. He just gave the whole team an "F", had the :poo: emoji instead of the Eels logo, and wrote "this whole season can get f'ed"!

parra pete

Referee
As bitter as dumping your team because your buddy got flicked as chairman? lol.

Mate it's not just 1 season every year we always hear the same beaten by the better side.. when are we going to be that side.. 37 years of hearing there is always next year...

This year is not over yet. Still 3 rounds to go...
Bring back Fitzy....four premierships under his watch....

Bring back Fitzy? He's 73 years old...

mr burns GIF

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bring back Fitzy? He's 73 years old...

mr burns GIF

In all seriousness..

I'd bring back Bernie to do an independent review on the place in a few weeks particularly on why it went so pear shaped in such a short space of time, mind you, most of us probably know the answer already so coming from someone with a bit of credibility and clout would certainly smash home a few home truths.

hindy111

Post Whore
In all seriousness..

I'd bring back Bernie to do an independent review on the place in a few weeks particularly on why it went so pear shaped in such a short space of time, mind you, most of us probably know the answer already so coming from someone with a bit of credibility and clout would certainly smash home a few home truths.

Things probably aren't as bad as seems. Tough draw,injuries,suspensions,Dylan Brown issue.
I do feel the things we need to adress are

A - Change of coach. BA has had his time and our of ideas. May freshen up guys like Junior.

B - What reasons we failed to recruit ant decent outside backs of the last few years.

C - The signings of Davey and Joe O

For me these are the biggest questions to be answered. I'd also be shopping Jnr around if anyone was interested.

Latest posts