What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Things probably aren't as bad as seems. Tough draw,injuries,suspensions,Dylan Brown issue.
I do feel the things we need to adress are

A - Change of coach. BA has had his time and our of ideas. May freshen up guys like Junior.

B - What reasons we failed to recruit ant decent outside backs of the last few years.

C - The signings of Davey and Joe O

For me these are the biggest questions to be answered. I'd also be shopping Jnr around if anyone was interested.
Previous years we got better value from players who have left for bigger money.

Papali'i for example whatever he was on he was playing like 500k player for us. So we basically gained like 300k value on the cap with an example like him.

Others like Niukore and probs Reed were playing above pay grade for us which benefited us. Helped us have that consistency.

This year we have had the likes of Drown, Lane, Junior, Reg, Matto all get upgraded contract extensions and either poor form & barely being on the park due to injury and dumb suspensions means we are basically playing with probably a couple of million dollars stuck on sidelines most weeks and then Junior who is playing like a 450k front rower atm not 950k.

Lane has played 9 games, Reg 12, Drown 15 and Matto 16.

36 games between those 4 missing from injury and suspensions.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Papali'i for example whatever he was on he was playing like 500k player for us. So we basically gained like 300k value on the cap with an example like him.

Others like Niukore and probs Reed were playing above pay grade for us which benefited us. Helped us have that consistency.

This year we have had the likes of Drown, Lane, Junior, Reg, Matto all get upgraded contract extensions and either poor form & barely being on the park due to injury and dumb suspensions means we are basically playing with probably a couple of million dollars stuck on sidelines most weeks and then Junior who is playing like a 450k front rower atm not 950k.

You can’t help bad luck mate.

pazzaeel

Juniors
Things probably aren't as bad as seems. Tough draw,injuries,suspensions,Dylan Brown issue.
I do feel the things we need to adress are

A - Change of coach. BA has had his time and our of ideas. May freshen up guys like Junior.

B - What reasons we failed to recruit ant decent outside backs of the last few years.

C - The signings of Davey and Joe O

For me these are the biggest questions to be answered. I'd also be shopping Jnr around if anyone was interested.
i dont buy this.

panther have been without cleary for long stints in the past 2 seasons. storm without papa. other teams find away to compete when the chips are down and we dont. alot of this comes back to the coach managing the roster to have some depth.

paying $950k for gary barlow and mid season signing of joffa is diaboloical.

how does barlow sleep at night knowing Reg gets paid less?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I still want to know why Jnr was offered $950k! I thought we didn't pay overs.

timing is everything isn't it?

at the time he was regarded as one of the best middles in the game, co-captain, local junior, current rep player..

tbh, the bloke needs a break...he played the full final series plus world cup last year, he's been at it all year and played an origin game....he needs to get away from the grind for a few months.

I wouldn't be giving up on him yet.

JokerEel

Coach
i dont buy this.

panther have been without cleary for long stints in the past 2 seasons. storm without papa. other teams find away to compete when the chips are down and we dont. alot of this comes back to the coach managing the roster to have some depth.

paying $950k for gary barlow and mid season signing of joffa is diaboloical.

how does barlow sleep at night knowing Reg gets paid less?

Yeah I agree with this...

I liken our team to someone that lives paycheck to paycheck... (not someone that is poor AF.. someone that is too lazy to future plan)

No savings no plans no backup..

JokerEel

Coach

The club never forward plans... Papali was signed in the off season when he came to us and played great if he didnt come what was the other options?

We lose Ice/Marata/The other dude to the Sharks.

We had a year to either develop a player or sign someone but we wait till the offseason again sign Doorey Murchie Jirah all flamed out. So we react and sign Davey and Joffa...

We haven't signed an outside back and became desperate just before August deadline trying to sign someone...

Latest posts