What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Pazza

First Grade
I think we could have over come the loss of papalii, niukore, Reed and kalfusi if our top players in the pack where available. But given how much time guys like rcg, lane, paulo, matto ec have missed. We couldn't overcome both.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
LOL at everyone who thinks we just became shit this year.....

We've been shit since 2010. We got knocked out in straight sets in every finals series except for last year, where we jagged a lucky lucky win against the cowboys to make the gf, and then got embarrassed in the grand final.

We have never looked dominant and look like a title contender since 2009..

yy_cheng

Coach

We've been shit since 2010. We got knocked out in straight sets in every finals series except for last year, where we jagged a lucky lucky win against the cowboys to make the gf, and then got embarrassed in the grand final.

We won the 7s

TheRam

Coach
I still want to know why Jnr was offered $950k! I thought we didn't pay overs.

Junior was never worth $950K even at his prime. At his prime $800K was his upper limit. After all we all know he can be a defensive liability in the middle. Million dollar middles should not have defensive liabilities and be able to cart the ball up like colossal all day long if they have to. Besides RCG is our A front rower, not Junior for a reason, that should tell us who is more valuable to the team.

Now with his drop of form he is a $600K middle at best. I'm really hoping that it was the world cup and lack of a decent rest and preparation in the last off season that has him playing so flat this year.

Hopefully he gets a better off season this coming one with rest and then the right intensity to get him back to his best. I would ask him to get back in the gym and train like he is preparing to have a fight. It seems that that was when he was at his best and fittest, so maybe that is what he needs again to get him there?

If he has a similar year next year to this year, then a trade/offload should be a serious discussion/reality.

TheRam

Coach
timing is everything isn't it?

at the time he was regarded as one of the best middles in the game, co-captain, local junior, current rep player..

tbh, the bloke needs a break...he played the full final series plus world cup last year, he's been at it all year and played an origin game....he needs to get away from the grind for a few months.

I wouldn't be giving up on him yet.

Oops, I just saw this. I just posted similar. I think it might just do the trick.

He and RCG should go away on a Greek Island holiday together. Maybe for a month or so and just hang and chill and bond together. Get some rays, swallow eat some souvlaki with tzatziki sauce and wash it all down with that wonderfully refreshing tangy urine retsina wine they have. I know it did wonders for me when me and my mate Bobby Dazzler did just that back in the day. We came back new men we did and never looked back. What happens on a Greek holiday stays on a Greek holiday.

TheRam

Coach
what if it was 2001?

Stop living in an 'IF' world mate.

No one can honestly or rightfully tell you how they would feel if we had jagged a premiership in the last 37 years. It would depend on so many factors and on what each and every individuals expectations are.

But more importantly we haven't won a thing other then more spoons to put on display over that 37 f**ken years.

These bullsh*t questions and you trying to catch people out somehow and minimise their frustrations and emotions are weasel questions.

Trying to put people on the back foot. It's sh*t post like this that do my head in and then you wonder why I have a go at you.

Stop being such a di*k and let people be when they have to vent. Sorry we can't all be so Zen like you.

Oh and btw, this is not a personal attack on you, I am just letting out my frustration on a poster that seemingly has an issue with another poster for being frustrated after 37 years of duck eggs.

TheRam

Coach
JUST A GAME TO ME...Been there, done that..I worry about things I can change - not about things I can't. And there are still 3 rounds to go...."It ain't over, until it's over"...
Bet you all still watch the Roosters game "with hope in your heart", even though you all have written them off.....

You have been singing the same tune for 37 years.

Clueless and humourless just like your crappy jokes. Go back to the Raiders Pete. I think they miss you.

JokerEel

Coach
Stop living in an 'IF' world mate.

No one can honestly or rightfully tell you how they would feel if we had jagged a premiership in the last 37 years. It would depend on so many factors and on what each and every individuals expectations are.

But more importantly we haven't won a thing other then more spoons to put on display over that 37 f**ken years.

These bullsh*t questions and you trying to catch people out somehow and minimise their frustrations and emotions are weasel questions.

Trying to put people on the back foot. It's sh*t post like this that do my head in and then you wonder why I have a go at you.

Stop being such a di*k and let people be when they have to vent. Sorry we can't all be so Zen like you.

Oh and btw, this is not a personal attack on you, I am just letting out my frustration on a poster that seemingly has an issue with another poster for being frustrated after 37 years of duck eggs.

You're a weird dude hey...

JokerEel

Coach
I think we could have over come the loss of papalii, niukore, Reed and kalfusi if our top players in the pack where available. But given how much time guys like rcg, lane, paulo, matto ec have missed. We couldn't overcome both.

I dont think so this year has exposed how poorly we plan...

JokerEel

Coach

I think we started to get alot better in 20/21 especially around our defense then it dropped off in 22 and this year has been since 2015... Our attack has improved though but it means nothing when you cant defend a mistake

Gazzamatta

Coach
maybe because we have been dishing up the same s#*t for the past 37 years?? everyone is just a bit over it
Personally Im excited for change. Gee I hope we get some. Maybe we needed a season like this ro renew our approach. So long as its not all about excuses there should be revision.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I still want to know why Jnr was offered $950k! I thought we didn't pay overs.

Are you sure we are paying him that much? Or is that how much he stands to be paid?

I saw the number bandied about, and if you ask some questions, you might find there are some assumptions behind the number.

Ie, an assumption of 3 SoO games @30k each
An assumption of all tests at $20k each

That would make our slice $760k - how much of that is incentivised I don't know.

I haven't seen his contract, so no idea what the number we signed him for is, but from what I understand the number in the paper reflected external payments

parra pete

Referee
You have been singing the same tune for 37 years.

Clueless and humourless just like your crappy jokes. Go back to the Raiders Pete. I think they miss you.
Longer than 37 years..went 16 years before the Eels even PLAYED in a Grand Final, 22 years before they won one...37 years...pfft....just a flesh wound....

BTW, My mate who has a stutter was telling us about his nanna,
By time he’d finished, we were all singing
‘Hey Jude’

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Where you should be directing that comment is the club and its appointments and decision making.

That comment was directed at the haters and whingers that post the same vitriol day in day out and 20 times a day. Like we didn't hear it the first time. You know, the ones who post more when we lose than they do when we win.

The club deserves criticism and I'm guilty of that, but I don't really see what the point is in repeating it on a daily basis.

parra pete

Referee
That comment was directed at the haters and whingers that post the same vitriol day in day out and 20 times a day. Like we didn't hear it the first time. You know, the ones who post more when we lose than they do when we win.

The club deserves criticism and I'm guilty of that, but I don't really see what the point is in repeating it on a daily basis.
It is 'as if' they can change something they can do nothing about...

For every ailment under the sun
There is a remedy, or there is none;
If there be one, try to find it;
If there be none, never mind it

Latest posts