What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
That comment was directed at the haters and whingers that post the same vitriol day in day out and 20 times a day. Like we didn't hear it the first time. You know, the ones who post more when we lose than they do when we win.

The club deserves criticism and I'm guilty of that, but I don't really see what the point is in repeating it on a daily basis.

Then you aren't much of a footy forum administrator then if you don't get most people post when they are angry or annoyed at something. Anger and annoyance is a motivator. When people are happy, they tend to kick back and chill.

For me to even have to break it down for you to this very basic level shows me what I have suspected all along. You are in the wrong job. Nothing to be ashamed of mate. Many people have wrangled themselves into a job that they are not suited to or qualified to do. You just happen to be one of those and you also don't seem to realise it.

So for this forum sites sake, the one that you are meant to police and encourage people to be part of, stop trying to put people off of what is the bread and butter of any public forum which is passionate, emotive discussion and dialogue between posters no matter how negative it may feel to you and your posse of sunshine drum beaters as long as it doesn't become liable.

Not that hard is it?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That comment was directed at the haters and whingers that post the same vitriol day in day out and 20 times a day. Like we didn't hear it the first time. You know, the ones who post more when we lose than they do when we win.

The club deserves criticism and I'm guilty of that, but I don't really see what the point is in repeating it on a daily basis.
There goes 90% of this forums traffic lol.

Bandwagon

Staff member

eels_fan

First Grade
Well the notion of Junz getting a rest is gone.

We miss the finals and instead of a break, he goes into boxing training for a stupid gimmick fight (do we not pay him enough already???) and then will go into camp and play the tri-series with Samoa.

I honestly feel like we need to ship him off. It's a shame because i know he loves the club, but he is victim of poor cap management. It's not his fault he's being paid at least $250k above his value.

emjaycee

Coach
Then you aren't much of a footy forum administrator then if you don't get most people post when they are angry or annoyed at something. Anger and annoyance is a motivator. When people are happy, they tend to kick back and chill.

For me to even have to break it down for you to this very basic level shows me what I have suspected all along. You are in the wrong job. Nothing to be ashamed of mate. Many people have wrangled themselves into a job that they are not suited to or qualified to do. You just happen to be one of those and you also don't seem to realise it.

So for this forum sites sake, the one that you are meant to police and encourage people to be part of, stop trying to put people off of what is the bread and butter of any public forum which is passionate, emotive discussion and dialogue between posters no matter how negative it may feel to you and your posse of sunshine drum beaters as long as it doesn't become liable.

Not that hard is it?
*libel

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Only a simpleton could suggest that in the modern game the head coach of a RL club has nothing to do with recruitment and retention.
Only a simpleton would suggest he has full control. Go and look at any sports documentary. General Managers are responsible for contracts and budgets, because coaches are not sufficiently independent of the players.
It is the HCs job on the line after all.
Except it obviously isn't.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Animated GIF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think our shithouse performance Friday night broke him, it nearly broke me sitting there in a sea of Cornfed’s.

Maybe he’s finally run out of excuses???
Actually it was seeing the Broncos squad that broke me. We will never have a team that good. For all the years they were shit those merkins never lost a single player they wanted to keep. And as soon as they found the money they got Walsh to get homesick. I reckon they'll find the 'cap space' to keep Payne Haas too.

pazzaeel

Juniors
Only a simpleton would suggest he has full control. Go and look at any sports documentary. General Managers are responsible for contracts and budgets, because coaches are not sufficiently independent of the players.

Except it obviously isn't.
either way - between them, it is MON and Bea's job to manager the roster and coach the team. both of these things are being done terribly at the moment

King-Gutho94

Coach
Actually it was seeing the Broncos squad that broke me. We will never have a team that good. For all the years they were shit those merkins never lost a single player they wanted to keep. And as soon as they found the money they got Walsh to get homesick. I reckon they'll find the 'cap space' to keep Payne Haas too.
Souths gifted them a gem in Reynolds.

For all there class Reynolds was perfect for them he has ran the show for 2 years kevvie can just sit back and talk to the media.

Any other halfback I reckon they would be mid table at best.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would argue this is the weakest year ever and to not make the finals with this team is an utter failure. Should be punt worthy but not at this club. We give extensions away like candy on Halloween.
Weakest year ever? There are two f**king teams in the race this year. Daylight third.

Latest posts