What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
MoiMoi was an absolute weapon. His form was like nothing I've seen from a prop. The guy was bowling people over and making 30mtrs on some carries. It was wild.

We also tightened our defense. Mateo,Grothe and Gaulavo hit purple patches as well. I reckon those 4 along with Haynes form had a huge impact
Kevin Kingston provided great impact off the bench and lifted the tempo around the ruck.

It's a shame we lost him as he wanted to stat but Ian Schubert had other ideas.

The question was about why we started so shit and finished so strong. The only alternative to a lazy pre-Origin Hayne that you've offered is a young team taking a few games to gel with a new coach...?

lingard

Coach
The question was about why we started so shit and finished so strong. The only alternative to a lazy pre-Origin Hayne that you've offered is a young team taking a few games to gel with a new coach...?
Anderson managed Hayne beautifully. Bagged him in a presser. Shifted him to five-eight to get his work rate up. Changed the team's style halfway through the year. Got a number of players
(including Hayne) playing out of their skins for career best periods. Managed Mateo's erratic tendencies beautifully. Inu
never played as well again. Mortimer the same. Daniel Anderson was a brilliant coach. The myth that we somehow made
the grandfinal on the back of Jarryd Hayne alone, was just that: a myth. Perpetrated by the media. D.A. never got the credit that was due to him.

IFR33K

Coach

And what’s so laughable about that?

in 2001, I think the eels didn’t win back to back games until around round 11.

Was Hayne responsible for the slow start there too?

Anyways, u need to let it go

I'll have to check back about 2001... are you saying Hayne was never a lazy player, and couldn't be at fault for contributing to poor overall team form?

Anderson managed Hayne beautifully. Bagged him in a presser. Shifted him to five-eight to get his work rate up. Changed the team's style halfway through the year. Got a number of players
(including Hayne) playing out of their skins for career best periods. Managed Mateo's erratic tendencies beautifully. Inu
never played as well again. Mortimer the same. Daniel Anderson was a brilliant coach. The myth that we somehow made
the grandfinal on the back of Jarryd Hayne alone, was just that: a myth. Perpetrated by the media. D.A. never got the credit that was due to him.
Yes, I thought so as well re DA. And thought it strange there was such a push to sack him. I wonder what happened there...

Incorrect

Coach
Yes, I thought so as well re DA. And thought it strange there was such a push to sack him. I wonder what happened there...
DA was a Fitzgerald appointment. Once Spagnolo and Co rissoled Fitzy, anything and everything that smelled like Fitzgerald was flushed from Parra including the coach who took the team to a GF in his first year at the helm... Collateral damage. Appalling really...