What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Everyone except those clowns, MON and BA knew he was busted yet we took a gamble on him. He also did it with Watmough and the same lame excuse was used - Leadership.

Yet there seems to be no accountability, no recourse. They are like these fat Americans serving me who expect a 22% tip just for doing their job.
Gratuity

Gazzamatta

Coach
And how our new attacking structures are so sublime against our reggies defense
Im always very appreciative of the pre season reports. Anything Eels and Im reading, watching or listening. I do get very nervous though reading when training trys are scored by wingers. My inner reaction is always, we've been stripped on the flanks again and nothings changed or changing.

Chipmunk

Coach
I am however looking forward to reading reports of how the players are killing it in the off season training, scoring tries at will, running hard, looking fit, tackling everything that moves, players are catching up to Gutho...it's got me all excited
You can see why people think we're white hot in the off-season, their opposition, our reserve graders, are f**ken woeful.

JokerEel

Coach
Did they really post 20k? I was there...no fkn chance there was 20k there. Did they consult the Roosters on how to announce a crowd figure?
I would have said 12-14k tops..stadium was only half full...

Not sure of the figures either against the Dragons they said 23k looked about the same as last night

Chipmunk

Coach
Did they really post 20k? I was there...no fkn chance there was 20k there. Did they consult the Roosters on how to announce a crowd figure?
I would have said 12-14k tops..stadium was only half full...
I'm not sure, was only responding to the 20k comment.

Chipmunk

Coach
My view on how we got here, is that we've always lacked tactical ability as a group, whose success for the entire time BA has been here is based on opportunities being created 99% of the time solely on the brilliance of the individual.

There is very little work done on the field as a collective of 17 people...it is just 17 people playing the game, relying on each one doing something individually for us to have success. Quite often our very best individuals will also work together as a pair or in threes to create...but that is it, that is the end of team work in the entire place.

This was always going to be a house of cards situation when our best 17 players were missing for so many games, which is why I called the season over after 2 games. The Matterson decision to keep $4k in his pocket and Lane's pre-season injury, I could just see this season had the hallmark of just being one of those seasons where we would have a truck load of injuries and suspensions.

With this ridiculous relying on the brilliance of the individual philisophy, the 'next man up' principle that gives other teams some success can never happen at Parra.

The sheer lack of tactical nous, coupled with the lack of attention to detail in virtually every thing we do, from the coaching staff, and the reliance on the individual to do it all, means that we're going nowhere unless something changes.

If our best 17 plays every game of the season, we would've made the Top 8 this year, and we'll likely make the Top 8 next year if we have no injuries and suspensions, but you can't rely on not having injuries or suspensions to make the Top 8, you need to do it with a squad of players, not because your best players were individually brilliant more often than not.

The players have stagnated with this coaching group. 10 years with the same limited ability views only gets you to a point, and that point came a long time ago. It's easier to change the coach than the entire playing group.

The time for change has come and it has to come now.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My view on how we got here, is that we've always lacked tactical ability as a group, whose success for the entire time BA has been here is based on opportunities being created 99% of the time solely on the brilliance of the individual.

There is very little work done on the field as a collective of 17 people...it is just 17 people playing the game, relying on each one doing something individually for us to have success. Quite often our very best individuals will also work together as a pair or in threes to create...but that is it, that is the end of team work in the entire place.

This was always going to be a house of cards situation when our best 17 players were missing for so many games, which is why I called the season over after 2 games. The Matterson decision to keep $4k in his pocket and Lane's pre-season injury, I could just see this season had the hallmark of just being one of those seasons where we would have a truck load of injuries and suspensions.

With this ridiculous relying on the brilliance of the individual philisophy, the 'next man up' principle that gives other teams some success can never happen at Parra.

The sheer lack of tactical nous, coupled with the lack of attention to detail in virtually every thing we do, from the coaching staff, and the reliance on the individual to do it all, means that we're going nowhere unless something changes.

If our best 17 plays every game of the season, we would've made the Top 8 this year, and we'll likely make the Top 8 next year if we have no injuries and suspensions, but you can't rely on not having injuries or suspensions to make the Top 8, you need to do it with a squad of players, not because you're best players were individually brilliant more often than not.

The players have stagnated with this coaching group. 10 years with the same limited ability views only gets you to a point, and that point came a long time ago. It's easier to change the coach than the entire playing group.

The time for change has come and it has to come now.
Well Done Ok GIF by funk

Tooooks

Bench
Im always very appreciative of the pre season reports. Anything Eels and Im reading, watching or listening. I do get very nervous though reading when training trys are scored by wingers. My inner reaction is always, we've been stripped on the flanks again and nothings changed or changing.
The TCT guys cop some unwarranted criticism here, I reckon. If they’re reporting on pre-season training then they can only write about what they see. If Hodgson looks fit and is training well, is showing leadership qualities etc, then I don’t see the issue in reporting that.

Anyone who has followed that site for a while should be well aware that quality in training doesn’t always translate to onfield performance.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would love to know how many tries the opposition winger to sivo has scored.

Sivo has scored 83 tries in 102 games.

But how many has he let in.

It's probably close to par.

Chipmunk

Coach
On a separate topic, I didn't realise we had a couple of changes at board level earlier in the year, with the Centrebet/Deals Direct guy moving on.

I did some intitial research, I'll be interested to see what this guy can bring commercially to the club, surely he has some contacts with some spare cash - https://au.linkedin.com/in/matthew-beach-a7723972 https://www.mhcarnegie.com/matthew-beach

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Ben Rogers. Is he still Head of Recruitment? And if he is, was it MON that hired the peanut?
His linkedin account says he is still working at Souths as a list manager since 2015 to present alongside his parramatta job.

Does that mean he gives all the good ones to souths and we get left with the bargain basement trash from Aldi.

parra pete

Referee
Come on guys don't chuck your bums in the corner the season isn't over yet!!!

Did i tell you about the time me and Snoopy Collins hired a rowboat and had an amazing romantic day out on the Murrumbidgee river??? We packed a lunch and then amazingly we bumped into Mal Meninga and me and Snoopy smelt his finger. Then they all played for the Hay Magpies with Dave Furner and Toots Croker. Did i tell you all what great mates we all are???
and let me tell you about the time when Simon Woolford ,Quentin Pongia, Ken Nagas, Bradley Clyde, Laurie Daley Gary Belcher travelled out to play on the Hay Park Oval...along with Mal, and how Big Arthur Beetson coached the All Stars team, and Billy Harrigan was referee...not to mention Toookey, Roarty, David Furner...and yeah, we are great mates..and I am proud of them and our friendship which has endured for many years.
Football is just relaxation for me.
I can't do anything to change any results. Ob la di, ob la dah..all star team Grazier 2.JPG