What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
They are on the Leagues club payroll. They will never call for the coaches head. I see they are pumping up the next Arthur coming through ranks. One of them said he plays Harry Grant. I truly hope he is the next Harry Grant.

Imo, Matt Arthur is crafty like Harry Grant, but without the speed.

He's very skilful, and clever, but he is still developing his speed.

I think he has a good future, personally.

He definitely has more positive traits than Jake, who hasn't found his role yet.

Chipmunk

Coach
Imo, Matt Arthur is crafty like Harry Grant, but without the speed.

He's very skilful, and clever, but he is still developing his speed.

I think he has a good future, personally.

He definitely has more positive traits than Jake, who hasn't found his role yet.
Arthur's MArthur is going to become a quandary for the Club. At some point we're going to punt his father.

Gronk

Staff member
All that Matt Athur showed yesterday was a crisp pass and a teenager who had the balls to play seniors v merkins twice his size. I haven’t seen anyone that small on a football field since Jeff Fenech.

Let’s talk about him if/when he’s the regular starting 9 in cup, as I reckon he’ll be Flegg hooker all year in 24.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All that Matt Athur showed yesterday was a crisp pass and a teenager who had the balls to play seniors v merkins twice his size. I haven’t seen anyone that small on a football field since Jeff Fenech.

Let’s talk about him if/when he’s the regular starting 9 in cup, as I reckon he’ll be Flegg hooker all year in 24.
He might play the first half of the year in SG Ball again.

Bandwagon

Staff member
They get $17 an hour. I asked. Things go up when you keep printing money.

It does depend on the state, they all have different Labour laws. CA is like $16 minimum for tipped employees, PA is $2.83 ( but like in a lot of states if tips don't pull you up to the Fed Min of $7.75 the employer must make up the difference ) .

TheRam

Coach
What if she has a nice set

Then you tip her big, tell her she can be a Star in this major movie your about to shoot called 'Bones On Bones Reimagined' and that she would be perfect for the plot twist that no one sees cumming. Before you know it Hindy she's down under six ways from Sunday and we're all having fun.

Just make sure you have a camera on a tripod when we get there little buddy.

Chipmunk

Coach
It does depend on the state, they all have different Labour laws. CA is like $16 minimum for tipped employees, PA is $2.83 ( but like in a lot of states if tips don't pull you up to the Fed Min of $7.75 the employer must make up the difference ) .

It is interesting to know about the different wage setup for tipping jobs in each state. Good to know if I get to the west coast of the USA again, they'll be getting f**k all tip based on those rates.

Interestingly enough tipping/gratuities is obviously a big thing on cruise ships around the world, but all of the bigger cruise lines structure their fares for Australians completely differently than everyone else in the world.

Generally every drink you have, or item you pay for, has a standard gratuity amount (between 15-25% depending on the item or the cruise line) added on top. Even when they give you something included for free, like a drinks package, or specialty dining package, you still have to pay the gratuity percentage amount of the value of the included item.

However, everything is different for Australians. For instance, all of the ships based here have no gratuities at all, and the majority of ships that come here seasonally each year, re-adjust their financial setup onboard once it arrives to remove the tips (they just up the prices onboard to cover the tips).

And if you book a cruise outside of Australia (i.e. Caribbean or Mediterranean), but book in Australia, you have a completely different fare structure to everyone else onboard, where all of the gratuities are removed from the fare and you pay no mandatory gratuities once you get onboard.

It is intriguing that they change their entire operation to suit one nationality (I suspect it's the same for the Kiwi's too though), but such is the hatred of tipping for Australians. I often make the comment when on a cruise overseas, that an Australian would rather be on trial for murder than have to tip someone!

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
It is interesting to know about the different wage setup for tipping jobs in each state. Good to know if I get to the west coast of the USA again, they'll be getting f**k all tip based on those rates.

Interestingly enough tipping/gratuities is obviously a big thing on cruise ships around the world, but all of the bigger cruise lines structure their fares for Australians completely differently than everyone else in the world.

Generally every drink you have, or item you pay for, has a standard gratuity amount (between 15-25% depending on the item or the cruise line) added on top. Even when they give you something included for free, like a drinks package, or specialty dining package, you still have to pay the gratuity percentage amount of the value of the included item.

However, everything is different for Australians. For instance, all of the ships based here have no gratuities at all, and the majority of ships that come here seasonally each year, re-adjust their financial setup onboard once it arrives to remove the tips (they just up the prices onboard to cover the tips).

And if you book a cruise outside of Australia (i.e. Caribbean or Mediterranean), but book in Australia, you have a completely different fare structure to everyone else onboard, where all of the gratuities are removed from the fare and you pay no mandatory gratuities once you get onboard.

It is intriguing that they change their entire operation to suit one nationality (I suspect it's the same for the Kiwi's too though), but such is the hatred of tipping for Australians. I often make the comment when on a cruise overseas, that an Australian would rather be on trial for murder than have to tip someone!

Yeah, Aussies have a real problem with tipping.

I don't get the issue, tbh.

Bandwagon

Staff member

I tip all the time, unless the service is really poor. Service personnel aren't generally paid all that great, and tips make it worthwhile. Mind you I'm opposed to the idea of it being mandatory or expected, that defeats the whole point.

I really dislike the idea of paying people complete shit money on the expectation that they'll be tipped, that for mine is just the business pretending the true cost of the service is cheaper than it is.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I often make the comment when on a cruise overseas, that an Australian would rather be on trial for murder than have to tip someone!
I hate it because I don't want to pay too much, or be seen as a deadshit for paying too little. Just tell me how much it f**king costs. Like merkins overseas who want to barter. They tell you the price, you decide it's too expensive and start walking, and so the merkins offer a 30% discount. Get f**ked ffs