What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
FWIW.
I had a night out at The Seymour Centre last Wednesday night to watch "The Dismissal". I absolutely loved it as did my better half. Being from that generation and also having been at Whitlams inagural speech at Blacktown Civic Centre in 1972, I became a huge fan.
If you like that kind of thing Id suggest you dont miss it.
Walking back to Redfern Station at 11pm I was a tad nervous but it was all good.
We want Gough, We want Gough!
Dyl or Mitch?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think it increased when you tried to convince everyone that wing was an acceptable position for him. Sure his strengths suit it but there are non-negotiables at every position and his weaknesses meant he isn’t a winger at any competitive level.
He made a grand final on the wing. That shows a high level of performance. It’s not like we had a squad capable of carrying merkins.

If he wasn’t suited to the wing he never would’ve been picked there. Certainly not 28 times. His problem this year isn’t that he isn’t a winger, it’s that he is no longer a first grader.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He made a grand final on the wing. That shows a high level of performance. It’s not like we had a squad capable of carrying merkins.

If he wasn’t suited to the wing he never would’ve been picked there. Certainly not 28 times. His problem this year isn’t that he isn’t a winger, it’s that he is no longer a first grader.
Dog Shopping GIF

84 Baby

Referee

Proof was consistently in the pudding. There were basics required of a modern winger that Waqa just is incapable of. He only got picked because his perceived diamond moments were better than his squad competitors, and his rock moments on wing were hopefully more hideable than his rock moments at centre (disrupting our own defensive line) but his inability to catch kicks and even more so his lack of effort in running back were always going to bring him undone. Now his diamond moments are distant memory so the less rocky Russell and Simonsson have gone past him

He made a grand final on the wing. That shows a high level of performance.
Not necessarily.
If he wasn’t suited to the wing he never would’ve been picked there.
Bollocks and you know it.
His problem this year isn’t that he isn’t a winger, it’s that he is no longer a first grader.
A problem that you denied during the year at any opportunity... but it's your off-season flip-flop time!