What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Harper’s better than both of them.
That’s like saying Ebola is better than Aids.

Meme Reaction GIF

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thinking about the Harper signing if it's only for 1 season it's probably a good signing with Dick and Blaize coming through in 2025.
Don’t do it, don’t let him get into your head. Harper is an absolutely embarrassing signing. He was on his way to England not good enough for any other club in the NRL but good enough for bargain basement Brad.

Incorrect

Coach
Don’t do it, don’t let him get into your head. Harper is an absolutely embarrassing signing. He was on his way to England not good enough for any other club in the NRL but good enough for bargain basement Brad.
I can imagine Harper asking young Jake at Manly post season drinks,

Harper - "So Jake, your old man seems keen on giving me a deal for next year. What makes him a good coach you reckon?"

JA - "one of of the best things about Dad is he'll give you a run in the top grade even if you aren't really a first grader... He'll probably make you captain Morgs... I can call you Morgs right?"

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
I can imagine Harper asking young Jake at Manly post season drinks,

Harper - "So Jake, your old man seems keen on giving me a deal for next year. What makes him a good coach you reckon?"

JA - "one of of the best things about Dad is he'll give you a run in the top grade even if you aren't really a first grader... He'll probably make you captain Morgs... I can call Morgs right?"
Its almost like Brad has sent Jake over to Manly to pick up there scraps.

A manly fan messaged me yesterday and said thanks for cleaning up our rubbish for us in Harper & Tualigi.

I did reply back though your mob still have plenty of shit there still including the scum on earth in Lodge & Sharon Woods.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Its almost like Brad has sent Jake over to Manly to pick up there scraps.

A manly fan messaged me yesterday and said thanks for cleaning up our rubbish for us in Harper & Tualigi.

I did reply back though your mob still have plenty of shit there still including the scum on earth in Lodge & Sharon Woods.
Sharon is off-contract and a free agent as of Nov 1... wouldn't be surprised if he is next on our hit list.

1697577541446.png

Tiger5150

Bench
He's a solid reserve grader, and not even top 30. Where's the risk?
You were the one having a crack at the Tigers for giving him a go in firsts, but we got rid of him because he will never be a first grade player. Parra are keeping him. The risk of keeping a player like Cini is he will never be a first grade player and he is taking up a reserve grade spot that should be filled by a kid that might be a first grade player. We got rid of Cini and replaced him with Josh Feledy who debuted this year and will play regular first grade and deserves to.

TheRam

Coach
I can’t believe it but I’m with my old mate, Pou here. I can’t understand the hatred for him here. He is a top defender and very experienced. He will be my tip for a great season in 2024.

BTW I know I’m not on ignore so stop ignoring me.

My issue is what we are actually paying him. If we are paying him around $300-400K and he plays well, doesn't miss his tackles and adds good carries to his play when on and doesn't get dominated then ok he is a decent buy. But if we have paid anywhere need the suggested $650k full freight then it is a terrible pickup because I can almost guarantee that he is not going to play the whole season as good as I would want a $650K player to play, because in my eyes he never has.

P.S.
What I expect from a good defender is not just making his tackles, but getting off the ground real quick and back in the line or the ability to dominate in the tackle and control the ruck speed. A middle in particular that is anywhere near $400K should be able to do this very well and consistently.

But then again, we are an average defensive team because as a whole we are very inconsistent in this department and will never be in shot of a title until someone at the club can correctly address this issue. The majority of the top 17 we currently have have the ability and talent to do this. It is a fitness and mindset, attitude thing. They are all very good defenders in their positions, but they fall apart on fitness(fatigue) and attitude. I actually think mindset and attitude are the key. The fitness will come once you get your attitude right, because you will push and do things beyond what you would normally do if your attitude wasn't so hardcore.

But the collision game we play without the amount of quality players that can play it adds to the fatigue, so then it becomes a chicken or the egg scenario. We need both Emu and Offa to stand up and play very good all the time when on so the burden is off our two main palookas. Then and only then will we be able to see what our defensive structure and abilities really are. We don't have at this point in time a back five that can do the heavy lifting for our middles, so it will all depend on players like Offa and emu. If they shine and we don't have the injuries and suspension we did this year, then we will be a contender even with our current weak centre and wing situation.

If we can add some quality to the outside backs and Emu and Offa both have great seasons then we will be there at the pointy end of the season and in with a real shot. But I'm not all that confident that that is what will happen.

That's why a for us signing a player like Offa was/is so crucial to get right. This squad is so very close to being in title contention so EVERY signing we make is make or break important. We are not the Broncos or Panthers with a conveyor belt of young talent always coming through. We have been sh*t at that for way to long. We shouldn't be of course but it is what it is and we have all spoken about it ad nauseam and so here we are.