What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
No need to panic on Harpers salary, someone from the club expressed that he is on close to minimum salaryand is a depth signing as they wait for the Flegg players to mature. Apparently he didn’t want to take the family to SuperLeague and is willing to play 12 months on less than stellar wage to put himself back in the NRL shop window.

Noise

Coach
No need to panic on Harpers salary, someone from the club expressed that he is on close to minimum salaryand is a depth signing as they wait for the Flegg players to mature. Apparently he didn’t want to take the family to SuperLeague and is willing to play 12 months on less than stellar wage to put himself back in the NRL shop window.
Do you know if we are getting an outside back that will improve our starting 13 in the meantime?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I had a beer with Shaz in the Rocks one day.... absolute champion fella, but he's stolen a living as a Rugby League Player for at least the last 6-7 years.
And stolen about a dozen Australian and NSW jerseys.

14 Origin games for NSW and 17 Test Matches for Australia it says on wikipedia profile.

I cant believe he got picked so many times no wonder NSW couldn't win a series.

Compared to Reg who has only played 3 times for NSW.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You were the one having a crack at the Tigers for giving him a go in firsts, but we got rid of him because he will never be a first grade player. Parra are keeping him. The risk of keeping a player like Cini is he will never be a first grade player and he is taking up a reserve grade spot that should be filled by a kid that might be a first grade player. We got rid of Cini and replaced him with Josh Feledy who debuted this year and will play regular first grade and deserves to.
Cini is a backup who we’ve never had to use in first grade. A 19-year-old who might be a first grader also might be a lot worse than Cini if called up. That’s why the Tigers called him up in 2021 rather than a player who might be a first grader. It doesn’t matter how much talent a kid has if he’s not physically ready.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
was tuilagi the one that had a break out season for the tigers 2 years ago and looked to have great potential and then manly snapped him up and the tigers were all upset? but then he probably only had a handful of good games for them

You only have to make it look like you're trying and you're the tigers best forward.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well at least that makes some sense, be better if we could have raised the bar a tad though

Parra Pride

Referee

Gazzamatta

Coach
I see The Storm are interested in a swap with The Tigpies. Olam for Blore. Hopefully we get to see Blore in a decent system.

84 Baby

Referee
Do you know if we are getting an outside back that will improve our starting 13 in the meantime?
That depends what you want. People have been a bit uppity about our resignings of Moses/Drown perceivably costing us Sanders, so which level of player would you be happy with considering salary demands but also not blocking potential juniors (assuming you care about junior progression)?

I’ll make it easy. I think the timing is perfect for Tracey, could stretch to even 3 year offer because he can play fullback and Gutherson’s final contract year is 2025.
Iro is an option but he’s an unproven risk and we either need him to be integral part of squad (probably costing us juniors) or disposable for a junior (meaning he played shit).

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Referee
That depends what you want. People have been a bit uppity about our resignings of Moses/Drown perceivably costing us Sanders, so which level of player would you be happy with considering salary demands but also not blocking potential juniors (assuming you care about junior progression)?
Personally I think we should have signed Crichton and Farnworth and also the Hammer last year.