What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Personally I think we should have signed Crichton and Farnworth and also the Hammer last year.
Crichton would’ve cost us one of our halves/Gutho so that’s moot because then he would’ve been playing fullback.
Farnworth is a revisionist choice because when he signed in February for $700k a year, people on here would’ve bagged it. To be honest, I would’ve liked to sign him even back then, but $700k a year would’ve seemed steep.
We would’ve all loved Hammer but also again, he’s not coming here to play in the centres.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No need to panic on Harpers salary, someone from the club expressed that he is on close to minimum salaryand is a depth signing as they wait for the Flegg players to mature. Apparently he didn’t want to take the family to SuperLeague and is willing to play 12 months on less than stellar wage to put himself back in the NRL shop window.
For a player everyone seems to think is garbage there’s no reason he’d be on much more than minimum salary.

Incorrect

Coach
Farnworth is a revisionist choice because when he signed in February for $700k a year, people on here would’ve bagged it. To be honest, I would’ve liked to sign him even back then, but $700k a year would’ve seemed steep.
Not revisionist for me. I mentioned probably start of 2022 if not prior that both Farnworth and the Hammer should have been targeted. Hammer would have come at that stage to play any position in first grade seeing as he was flat out making the top 17 at the Cowboys. One of these 2 would have been great, both would have been sublime... and both would have cost significantly less at that time than they are on the current/next deal...

Anyways, the R&R committee know what they're doing....

EDIT - searching back, I actually called for Farnworth and Hamiso to be signed as far back as March and April 2021 respectively. Sometimes even I underestimate my eye for talent....

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
That depends what you want. People have been a bit uppity about our resignings of Moses/Drown perceivably costing us Sanders, so which level of player would you be happy with considering salary demands but also not blocking potential juniors (assuming you care about junior progression)?

I’ll make it easy. I think the timing is perfect for Tracey, could stretch to even 3 year offer because he can play fullback and Gutherson’s final contract year is 2025.
Iro is an option but he’s an unproven risk and we either need him to be integral part of squad (probably costing us juniors) or disposable for a junior (meaning he played shit).
I’m fine with the Moses / Drown signings and if it costs us Sanders then so be it. I’m aware of the Tracey rumours and would be happy with him because with him at centre he improves our 13 (as well as utility value) . Was more sounding out if he had heard any more or other names. Iro I haven’t watched enough of. If he’s currently a better centre / winger than Simmonsen , Russell and Harper then I’m all for it.

Parra Pride

Referee
Open up more funds? Please someone explain to me how we have lost as many in last 2 years and can’t afford a strike back.
That is totally bullshit from the club.
They communicate through Chinese Whispers, BA requested a gun outside back and by the time it got to them they heard plod forward.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Open up more funds? Please someone explain to me how we have lost as many in last 2 years and can’t afford a strike back.
That is totally bullshit from the club.
Penisini, Brown and Moses would’ve all got hefty upgrades. Gutherson, Paulo, RCG, Matterson and Lane too. I reckon those eight merkins would be taking up half the cap. That leaves $6M for the remaining 22 players. There’s not much left for more stars. Minimum salary for 22 players is over $2.6M.

84 Baby

Referee
I’m fine with the Moses / Drown signings and if it costs us Sanders then so be it. I’m aware of the Tracey rumours and would be happy with him because with him at centre he improves our 13 (as well as utility value) . Was more sounding out if he had heard any more or other names. Iro I haven’t watched enough of. If he’s currently a better centre / winger than Simmonsen , Russell and Harper then I’m all for it.
But would you still be all for it if any signing means Talagi for example decides to sign for a better opportunity?

84 Baby

Referee
Not revisionist for me. I mentioned probably start of 2022 if not prior that both Farnworth and the Hammer should have been targeted. Hammer would have come at that stage to play any position in first grade seeing as he was flat out making the top 17 at the Cowboys. One of these 2 would have been great, both would have been sublime... and both would have cost significantly less at that time than they are on the current/next deal...

Anyways, the R&R committee know what they're doing....

EDIT - searching back, I actually called for Farnworth and Hamiso to be signed as far back as March and April 2021 respectively. Sometimes even I underestimate my eye for talent....
Whatever happens, Incorrect was correct…

Stevie

Bench
Penisini, Brown and Moses would’ve all got hefty upgrades. Gutherson, Paulo, RCG, Matterson and Lane too. I reckon those eight merkins would be taking up half the cap. That leaves $6M for the remaining 22 players. There’s not much left for more stars. Minimum salary for 22 players is over $2.6M.
If that’s true we’ve spent dreadfully.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If that’s true we’ve spent dreadfully.
I’m sure we’ve spent better than most clubs. Our results over the past five years support it. The secret though is spending outside the cap. If we’d committed the same funding to our junior ‘development’ (recruitment) since 2018 as we did in the past couple then we might have a bunch of young first graders on unders that would inflate the value/quality of our squad.

Latest posts