What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
I suppose when it falls over with the Australian governments the NRL could ask the Chinese Government if they want to chip in 25 mill a year for an NRL Team.

If you don't ask you don't receive.
Get a stadium and CoE while at it. Maybe private jets to fly the team .... some spying devices, i mean phones for everyone involved including nrl officials

The Port Morsby Dragons has a ring to it ..... sorry St George, you gotta find a new mascot

King-Gutho94

Coach
Australian governments thoughts on Port Moresby :

Reconsider travel to Papua New Guinea due to crime, civil unrest, and piracy. Exercise increased caution due to kidnapping, unexploded ordnance, inconsistent availability of healthcare services, and potential for natural disasters. Some areas have increased risk.

But let’s play footy there.
Australian Governments thoughts on supporting the Parramatta Eels.

Reconsider & support at your own risk. There is always potential political unrest, inconsistent performances, availability of key players is always an issue, they will love teasing you with hope but end up heartbreaking you in so many ways every time they play September. Weekly game plans will provide torture and possible blood pressure issues during games. On the odd occasion they may come last and win a wooden spoon providing a miserable 6 months during winter.

Also following Parramatta may lead to baldness for some individuals.

strider

Post Whore
Australian players and arguably best in position

Yeo
Martin

Leota Jfh have destroyed opposition packs in 3 grand finals.

Spencer of bench

Kenny better then Lussick

Sorenson is in par with Lane

But if Jnr gets back to his best we can match this pack. Jnr and RCG are good enough to play for Australia. Lane 2022 is NSW quality. Hopgood may play for QLD soon. Matterson isn't far off. And Joe O will be better I think also.

Our issue is no 9 and the backline for me.
Sorenson is underrated - he is a million times more consistent than Lane ..... penrith just have no weakness across the park

Broncos have possibly the best pack .... though the loss of, oh f**k i forgot his name, blonde middle forward - will leave a hole .... he is so good i forgot his name lol

hindy111

Post Whore
Get a stadium and CoE while at it. Maybe private jets to fly the team .... some spying devices, i mean phones for everyone involved including nrl officials

The Port Morsby Dragons has a ring to it ..... sorry St George, you gotta find a new mascot

Macarons. Everyone loves a Macaron

Noise

Coach
Sorenson is underrated - he is a million times more consistent than Lane ..... penrith just have no weakness across the park

Broncos have possibly the best pack .... though the loss of, oh f**k i forgot his name, blonde middle forward - will leave a hole .... he is so good i forgot his name lol
Flegler

hindy111

Post Whore

Flogger

Our packs got the potential but is Jnr regressing or just a shit season. He can be a top 5 prop. Last year he was outplayed by Grieg and not much more effective then Makatoa. Huge issue cause he is costing upwards of 800k.

Tooooks

Bench
Australian governments thoughts on Port Moresby :

Reconsider travel to Papua New Guinea due to crime, civil unrest, and piracy. Exercise increased caution due to kidnapping, unexploded ordnance, inconsistent availability of healthcare services, and potential for natural disasters. Some areas have increased risk.

But let’s play footy there.
Could call them the PNG Pirates and their home advantage would be awesome.

hindy111

Post Whore
Brisbane lose Herbie and Flegger. Big shoes to fill. Add to the mix Reynolds will be turning 34 mid season and has injury concerns.
Penrith lose Crighton and Spencer. Also huge losses. But they do get Taylan May back who softens the blow.
Do both sides drop back to the field? Brisbane I think will. Unsure if Penrith will somehow find another gun junior or turn Alamoti into something decent.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd say right now our biggest problem actualy is Jnr Paulo. He turns 30 soon. Is severely overweight. And has signed his last big juicy contract. Also on massive dollars.
He isn't to old to get fit again and fire but if he doesn't we are screwed for the length of his contract. Similar to Manly and Turbo. You can't have a guy costing that much offering little.
Guys like Simonsson may not be great players but they don't eat up your cap and you are getting ok value considering.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Brisbane lose Herbie and Flegger. Big shoes to fill. Add to the mix Reynolds will be turning 34 mid season and has injury concerns.
Penrith lose Crighton and Spencer. Also huge losses. But they do get Taylan May back who softens the blow.
Do both sides drop back to the field? Brisbane I think will. Unsure if Penrith will somehow find another gun junior or turn Alamoti into something decent.

Penrith will win their fourth straight title in 2024 imo.

Noise

Coach
What teams do people see improving a lot and why?
I see Souths improving because Latrell will play more games.
Dragons improving a bit with Flanagan as coach.
Manly will improve with Brooks at 6 and potential top 4 if Tommy is injury free. Also they won’t have Morgan Harper on the field at any point.
Dolphins will improve with first year under their belt and new additions to squad. Flegler and Farmworth.
Titans will improve due to Hasler. Their squad is good.
Dogs will improve too.

Yes but you initially said if they play out of their skin every week.

If they did that, dare I say no pack in this NRL could match them. But there in lies the problem, Then don't do it every week and now as you say, they are a year older now too.
Yes, it's an impossible expectation for any pack to play to their potential each and every week through the whole season.

Which is why I think our pack is capable of beating sides on "our day", I don't have the expectation that means we will be a top 4 quality pack or side, compared to others... like Panthers and Broncos superior packs posted in emjaycee's example.

King-Gutho94

Coach
What teams do people see improving a lot and why?
I think Manly will make the Top 6 next year. Brooks will carve it up with a clean slate and having DCE outside him.
Turbo will have to stay fit eventually. Plus Brookie is always a bit of a fortress and tough to win at.

I can see Knights dropping down they had a good run back end of the year but Kalyn had a good period where he got hot. Doesn't mean it happen again.

Cowboys will probably jump back up again Payten admitted early on he stuffed up the pre-season after the World Cup. I think that will be rectified this off-season and they will push again for the 4.

In terms of us - if everyone stays fit and don't throw away 22 weeks worth of suspensions then we are still one of the top 5 or 6 sides.

It was a soft top 8 this year teams like Raiders and Sharks got there off soft draws. I think they will come back to pack next year.

Incorrect

Coach
I think Manly will make the Top 6 next year. Brooks will carve it up with a clean slate and having DCE outside him.
Turbo will have to stay fit eventually. Plus Brookie is always a bit of a fortress and tough to win at.

I can see Knights dropping down they had a good run back end of the year but Kalyn had a good period where he got hot. Doesn't mean it happen again.

Cowboys will probably jump back up again Payten admitted early on he stuffed up the pre-season after the World Cup. I think that will be rectified this off-season and they will push again for the 4.

In terms of us - if everyone stays fit and don't throw away 22 weeks worth of suspensions then we are still one of the top 5 or 6 sides.

It was a soft top 8 this year teams like Raiders and Sharks got there off soft draws. I think they will come back to pack next year.
The inequity of the NRL draw is the biggest blight on the game. I know it doesn't necessarily stop the best side from taking out the premiership each year but I think it does cost some teams a finals berth. I don't know what the answer is, short of going to 20 teams eventually, playing each team only once and then having Origin and some international fixtures on dedicated weekends throughout the season but that will mean less broadcast $$'s, not to mention there isn't enough playing talent to go around for 17 teams (seemingly), let alone 20...