What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
The inequity of the NRL draw is the biggest blight on the game. I know it doesn't necessarily stop the best side from taking out the premiership each year but I think it does cost some teams a finals berth. I don't know what the answer is, short of going to 20 teams eventually, playing each team only once and then having Origin and some international fixtures on dedicated weekends throughout the season but that will mean less broadcast $$'s, not to mention there isn't enough playing talent to go around for 17 teams (seemingly), let alone 20...
Pre-season comp! ... with tv rights ... we might win something!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Penrith will win their fourth straight title in 2024 imo.
Penrith having to travel to the UK for the World Club Challenge might be a little extra challenge for them.

They havent had to do it before unlike all those previous premiership teams in the 20 years before covid. Roosters were the only team to go B2B while having to travel to England in February.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Australian Governments thoughts on supporting the Parramatta Eels.

Also following Parramatta may lead to baldness for some individuals.
disgusted married with children GIF

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Penrith having to travel to the UK for the World Club Challenge might be a little extra challenge for them.

They havent had to do it before unlike all those previous premiership teams in the 20 years before covid. Roosters were the only team to go B2B while having to travel to England in February.
I think i read that the game will be played in PENRITH!! So no travel for the Smugthers.

84 Baby

Referee
The AU government are not amateurs. An NRL franchise will have conditions precedent.

Countries like PNG are by and large loyal to us, but have short attention spans. Adding grease to the gears is part of diplomatic relations as much as foreign aid.

Take them for granted however and you can lose them Re: Solomon Islands.

You just have to get the model right. Right for PNG, right for AU and right for NRL.
Yeah I think you’re reading stuff that just isn’t in my posts at all?

strider

Post Whore
I agree that Manly are probably most likely to improve. If injuries are kind - and agree brooks is a potential big improvement for them.

Cows should be more consistent from the start.
Dolphins - flegler and herbie are big gains. A years experience now. Maybe bottom half of the 8.

Souths - i dunno. They showed they have some issues. Are they fixed?
Newy - maybe will have more self belief? Ponga has never been consistent.
I think Dragons should be better than second last. The Hunt situation is a problem. Prob not top 8.

Hoping the Storm decline continues. They still made top 4 but looked a bit meh.
Roosters - undecided.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sorenson is underrated - he is a million times more consistent than Lane ..... penrith just have no weakness across the park

Broncos have possibly the best pack .... though the loss of, oh f**k i forgot his name, blonde middle forward - will leave a hole .... he is so good i forgot his name lol
Carrigan is as good as our best middles RCG and Matterson. Haas is better (a lot better) than all of them.

strider

Post Whore
Walters n Paix are better dummy halves.
Rikki n Capewell are quality edges.

Their bench is maybe a bit lacking.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree that Manly are probably most likely to improve. If injuries are kind - and agree brooks is a potential big improvement for them.

Cows should be more consistent from the start.
Dolphins - flegler and herbie are big gains. A years experience now. Maybe bottom half of the 8.

Souths - i dunno. They showed they have some issues. Are they fixed?
Newy - maybe will have more self belief? Ponga has never been consistent.
I think Dragons should be better than second last. The Hunt situation is a problem. Prob not top 8.

Hoping the Storm decline continues. They still made top 4 but looked a bit meh.
Roosters - undecided.

I'm with you on the Storm. They need better forwards. Maybe they have them in the junior system already. I'm unsure. They really where rubbish in finals and should of been beaten by the Roosters who had their whole backline out.

Warriors? They get RTS but yeah as good as they where I wouldn't be suprised if they missed the 8.

Canberra look weaker but I've heard have some of the better kids coming thru so perhaps they'll go ok.

Bulldogs should improve but I don't see a top 4 side yet.

Sharks are about as good as they can get from what I have seen.

Nobody stands out. I think our squad is as good as many if we can sign a centre of quality.

Looks to be an open comp but I would still keep Penrith as my favourites at this point.

Gronk

Staff member
All of it. You made reference to NRLW and got fixated on beating China. I already said it’s a good move by government.
But WTF DO THE NRL CARE ABOUT CHINA FFS?
I’m leaving that capitalised
Is it capitalised because you're shouting or you'd like it to appear prominent ?