What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

There's more to it than that, imo. Personally, I feel that the club has done f**k all about the elephant in the room, that is our backline. On top of that, I also feel that BA has been in charge too long, but this is a reactionary situation born from times when we were sacking coaches and were generally a rabble as a club. There is definitely a discipline issue, both on and off the field along with some very poor recruitment decisions. Gutho is the glue that holds the team together, but he can't do it for too much longer. As far as the other players are concerned I think Paulo is burning himself out, RCG can hold his head high. Dylbags has got to stop being a dildo and start showing us more than potential. Moses is overpaid, has flashes of brilliance but it all doesn't fit as a team. This is all on the coaching/recruitment gurus, and where does our Centre Of Excellence lie in all of this?
Can't argue with any of the above. We're just one element (an injury to Gutho?) away from falling apart spectacularly and ending up with a spoon.

hindy111

Post Whore
I might have missed something about our squad being better in 24? I think some of our key strike players (middles) are one year older and in or near decline.

We hopefully won't have the same injuries or suspension (or chosen suspensions - Matto), so should improve... but I don't think that improvement will see us above 7th or 8th spot at best and cannon fodder in the semis.

Sure but
Lane missed basicaly the season.
Hopgoods first full year will improve.
Jnr can't be as bad. Unless he is done. I personally dont think so
RCG missed 10 games.
Grieg will get better
Morreti will get better
Joe O will be better I'm confident on also

And I'd reckon a few juniors may debut.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Sure but
RCG missed 10 games.
Grieg will get better
Morreti will get better

The way you lay it out like that.

We should be making the top 4 next year.

Tiger5150

Bench
Respect your opinion but it’s a huge no for me. If we sign a “marquee” player they need to be on the field and fire.
Id expect the Dragons/Tigers to be perfect gamble club for Paps.
12 months ago I would have loved Paps, but having just tied Bula up for a few years, Im not sure where Paps fits in. Too small for wing/centre, not experienced enough for halves and we ahve just made some investments in that area as well. Great player, great kid, ex Tiger, ticks a lot of boxes for us but for big money its not straightforward.

hindy111

Post Whore
The way you lay it out like that.

We should be making the top 4 next year.

Except out 2-5 I rate in bottom 2 in comp. It is terrible. Penisni is the only solid and consistent player and I still don't feel like he is a top 10 centre in the game as of yet. Russel amd Simmonson are currently not much better then some NSW cup players. Sivo can be great but hot and cold.

TheRam

Coach
Sure but
RCG missed 10 games.
Grieg will get better
Morreti will get better

That's what should happen, but it's Parramatta Hindy, we can never take anything for granted. Unfortunately we have been burnt way to many times. It is my reflex action now, so I know I just wait and see. But you're right, they all should play better if they have a good off season and are focused correctly. They are all still young enough and none have major chronic injuries to deal with.

Evan if they all play at their 2022 level, it isn't good enough as a team defensively to win a premiership. Besides them all playing consistently better which should then get us in the semis, we need them all to play way better and consistently defensively and that is where I think we will not improve much at all if at all.

Can anyone close to people at the club tell us what they are doing differently to improve our defensive structures, because whatever they have been doing thus far has simply not ever worked over a full season or even from game to game? What is their focus and what are they doing differently? Have they bought in anyone new that is a recognised defensive guru coach? e.t.c.

Our defense at the ruck really needs to improve. We need to start there.