What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
All we really know is the club has done a decent job plugging the leaks when it comes to recruiting.
Downside is it increases the whinge factor exponentially.
Or maybe we haven't plugged the leaks at all, it's just no media outlets think it's worthwhile publishing "exclusive" rumours about Parra signing the likes of Morgan f**king Harper cause nobody gives a shit or thinks anyone would want to know...

what about RCG dropping his knees into a players back or dylan not keeping his hands to himself??? what about the club recruiting hodgson well past his use by date?? what about waqa completely giving up on his RL career? there are a plenty of reason why last year turned to shit
Indeed. But those all followed Matto's "choice" to sit out games instead of pay the fine that was due. As I wrote, Matto's actions and the outcome of those first three weeks set the scene for everything that followed - which turned into a bin fire.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
images
Papenhuyzen has played 30 games in three years. Matterson has played almost 60.

Soto

Bench
I'd sign Paps in a heartbeat. The guy has had rotten luck for a while. A new home is probably what he needs.
The Storm know they have a special one in Faalogo.
A fully fit Paps is one of the most exciting players.
Wouldn't be surprised if there aren't players in our squad that played junior footy with him.
Not sure how we wouldn't have money despite recent upgrades. Letting Murchie go, plus Waqa not being renewed, Ogden going, Nathan Brown off our books and with Tuaalagi and Harper I'd suspect being on minimal $$$ surely Storm can settle their differences with us after cheating, robbing and rorting us out of semis progression and the GF in 09..
Paps is worth the gamble. If he doesn't come off no big deal but If he does then we are massive winners.
He would also bring extra professionalism to our team.
Make it happen

IFR33K

Coach
Really?

Panthers lose Crichton and fill his spot with Alamotti (not a Panthers junior) .

Broncos lose Flegler and fill his spot with Fletcher Baker (not a Broncos junior).

Well at least he got the losing players part correct

Eelogical

Referee
Indeed. But those all followed Matto's "choice" to sit out games instead of pay the fine that was due. As I wrote, Matto's actions and the outcome of those first three weeks set the scene for everything that followed - which turned into a bin fire.
There's more to it than that, imo. Personally, I feel that the club has done f**k all about the elephant in the room, that is our backline. On top of that, I also feel that BA has been in charge too long, but this is a reactionary situation born from times when we were sacking coaches and were generally a rabble as a club. There is definitely a discipline issue, both on and off the field along with some very poor recruitment decisions. Gutho is the glue that holds the team together, but he can't do it for too much longer. As far as the other players are concerned I think Paulo is burning himself out, RCG can hold his head high. Dylbags has got to stop being a dildo and start showing us more than potential. Moses is overpaid, has flashes of brilliance but it all doesn't fit as a team. This is all on the coaching/recruitment gurus, and where does our Centre Of Excellence lie in all of this?

Incorrect

Coach
There's more to it than that, imo. Personally, I feel that the club has done f**k all about the elephant in the room, that is our backline. On top of that, I also feel that BA has been in charge too long, but this is a reactionary situation born from times when we were sacking coaches and were generally a rabble as a club. There is definitely a discipline issue, both on and off the field along with some very poor recruitment decisions. Gutho is the glue that holds the team together, but he can't do it for too much longer. As far as the other players are concerned I think Paulo is burning himself out, RCG can hold his head high. Dylbags has got to stop being a dildo and start showing us more than potential. Moses is overpaid, has flashes of brilliance but it all doesn't fit as a team. This is all on the coaching/recruitment gurus and where does our Centre Of Excellence lie in all of this?
Great post. I also feel like there's an absence of someone, somewhere in the club reading the riot act to our blokes and putting them on notice... I feel like a bloke like Dylan Brown getting caught like he did in the urinals banging some girl and bringing disgrace on himself, her and the club would have been the beginning and end of his indiscretions at a club like Melbourne. Say what you want about the Cheese and Munster, they've done the wrong thing and had to own up to it, but in the meantime they've actually won something... Having our players act up and do something stoopid would be easier to cop if we actually won something and had something to show for it....

Stevie

Bench
I'd sign Paps in a heartbeat. The guy has had rotten luck for a while. A new home is probably what he needs.
The Storm know they have a special one in Faalogo.
A fully fit Paps is one of the most exciting players.
Wouldn't be surprised if there aren't players in our squad that played junior footy with him.
Not sure how we wouldn't have money despite recent upgrades. Letting Murchie go, plus Waqa not being renewed, Ogden going, Nathan Brown off our books and with Tuaalagi and Harper I'd suspect being on minimal $$$ surely Storm can settle their differences with us after cheating, robbing and rorting us out of semis progression and the GF in 09..
Paps is worth the gamble. If he doesn't come off no big deal but If he does then we are massive winners.
He would also bring extra professionalism to our team.
Make it happen
Respect your opinion but it’s a huge no for me. If we sign a “marquee” player they need to be on the field and fire.
Id expect the Dragons/Tigers to be perfect gamble club for Paps.

Soto

Bench
Respect your opinion but it’s a huge no for me. If we sign a “marquee” player they need to be on the field and fire.
Id expect the Dragons/Tigers to be perfect gamble club for Paps.
That's fair enough mate. All good.
Put simply if he fails we call him Poupouhausen. If he fires we call him Parthurhausen. Either way it's very exciting

Eelogical

Referee
Great post. I also feel like there's an absence of someone, somewhere in the club reading the riot act to our blokes and putting them on notice... I feel like a bloke like Dylan Brown getting caught like he did in the urinals banging some girl and bringing disgrace on himself, her and the club would have been the beginning and end of his indiscretions at a club like Melbourne. Say what you want about the Cheese and Munster, they've done the wrong thing and had to own up to it, but in the meantime they've actually won something... Having our players act up and do something stoopid would be easier to cop if we actually won something and had something to show for it....
I've read a lot of shit on here, I've also read some excellent posts. We shouldn't need to read riot acts. At the end of the day our administration, coaching staff and club culture needs to take a good hard look at themselves. Until that happens we can all expect more of the same.

Soto

Bench
I've read a lot of shit on here, I've also read some excellent posts. At the end of the day our administration, coaching staff and club culture needs to take a good hard look at themselves. Until that happens we can all expect more of the same.
Fish rots from the head down.

Latest posts