What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Feels like a few people are completely missing the point Re Brimson/Campbell.... I've seen posters here saying we could/should play Brimson in the centres, or on the bench and everything will be cool....

The original story prompting this discussion talks about Brimson and Campbell not wanting to sacrifice or give up the starting #1 jersey ... And yet for some reason a few people around here reckon we're such a shit hot club that they'd come to the western suburbs of Sydney to start from the bench...

Fair dinkum....

People are just discussing the pros, and cons, of the situation, that's all.

You seem cranky today. Is everything alright?

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Not necessarily...pick ur best 17 and work out where they play later.
Brimson is an excellent attacker constantly making breaks from the back.
He would also provide coverage for 1 and 6 but could also play that crucial 14 role...
My preference would be to keep dyl at 6 and move guth to centre or start aj from the bench

Think before you type.

Brimson or Campbell are agitated because they can't get fulltime game time at their preferred position and so may look to move out, so one of them decide to come to our club and play a similar role in musical chairs?

Besides that being silly, Brimson and Campbell both have weaknesses and that is why they are constantly being shuffled around all the time, where as Gutho is the complete package as a leader and fullback and I wouldn't swap him for anyone that can command similar money.

We are weak in the centre and wings position not fullback. Stop trying to make an issue where there isn't one.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The people who are saying we should sign Brimson or Campbell are the same people if we did sign them would be saying they're too injury prone or small respectively.

We don't need either. If we were to get anyone for next year we should be looking to sign an older fullback that is content with playing the year in reserve grade. I've no idea who that player is though.

If Gutho goes down with short-term injury (three weeks), I think we'd be ok filling that positions with a shuffle of who we've got (Russell, Simonssen). But that would then exposes the lack of suitable depth in our backline, as we don't have a player of sufficient level and experience to confidently come into that vacated backline spot.

We've lost first choice 17 players in Opacic and Blake in consecutive years... without replacing them really. We might have to look at playing an edge forward in the centres to cover the vacancy - which is what we'd likely be forced to do mid-game, if a backline injury occurred anyway.

Bottom line, we're still one decent NRL level outside back away from having a balanced squad.

Glenneel

Bench
If Gutho goes down with short-term injury (three weeks), I think we'd be ok filling that positions with a shuffle of who we've got (Russell, Simonssen). But that would then exposes the lack of suitable depth in our backline, as we don't have a player of sufficient level and experience to confidently come into that vacated backline spot.

We've lost first choice 17 players in Opacic and Blake in consecutive years... without replacing them really. We might have to look at playing an edge forward in the centres to cover the vacancy - which is what we'd likely be forced to do mid-game, if a backline injury occurred anyway.

Bottom line, we're still one decent NRL level outside back away from having a balanced squad.
According to TCT Blaize Talagi? has been bought into the top 30 squad, the young winger/centre from Flegg. I'm assuming, depending on his progression, that he is the big hope to fill one of those roles during the year. I've not seen him play so does someone have some info on him and his likely impact on the team?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I like Rusty, but some more depth/competition would be nice.

If we could upgrade on Cini that'd be nice but given how much money we have to spend I'm not sure that's possible. Looks like our depth wingers will be Dunster, Cini then from round 11 Penisini and Martin will be able to be picked. If we could drop Momoisea and replace him with a winger of similar squad stature that'd be real handy.

There's still a development spot, maybe we could grab someone for that role?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
If we could upgrade on Cini that'd be nice but given how much money we have to spend I'm not sure that's possible. Looks like our depth wingers will be Dunster, Cini then from round 11 Penisini and Martin will be able to be picked. If we could drop Momoisea and replace him with a winger of similar squad stature that'd be real handy.

There's still a development spot, maybe we could grab someone for that role?
I really hope Dunster can get back to his best, because he can be the guy im talking about. Moving Momo on a and filling that spot with another back would be ideal. But yeah, we ain’t gonna get anyone too decent without forking out.

yy_cheng

Coach
Think before you type.

Brimson or Campbell are agitated because they can't get fulltime game time at their preferred position and so may look to move out, so one of them decide to come to our club and play a similar role in musical chairs?

Besides that being silly, Brimson and Campbell both have weaknesses and that is why they are constantly being shuffled around all the time, where as Gutho is the complete package as a leader and fullback and I wouldn't swap him for anyone that can command similar money.

We are weak in the centre and wings position not fullback. Stop trying to make an issue where there isn't one.
What about the hammer? Is he on more than guth?

Latest posts