What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Colonel

Immortal
kirisome_auvaa_30aug.jpg
Stick your head up your arse. Parramatta signing him does not mean I agree with it. You aren't calling out shit. You are the worst sort of "supporter" - worry about your own backyard rather than someone elses. Hiding out on a forum calling out other clubs or posters does not mean your shit don't stink.

Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
No I didn't.

No we haven't. In 75% of the last four full length seasons (excluding 2020) we finished higher than our mid season ladder position. Personally I think the difference is statistically negligible, but it certainly doesn't show that we've finished seasons poorly.

I think they are just better than us. Since 2017 we have lost eight finals matches, and three of those have been against Melbourne and three against Penrith.

Oh right, so we weren't burnt out by the preliminary final but we were burnt out the following week? The year before I suppose we were burnt out by week two of the finals. The year before that we were burnt out by week one even though there were only 20 rounds played. You can't just say we were burnt out as soon as we lose a game. We belted Canberra two weeks before the grand final, then came back to win in Townsville. Were we burnt out in those weeks? How about week one where we shat ourselves after Moses got hurt? I suppose we were burnt out then too. Crazy how fresh we were the following weeks against the Raiders and Cowboys.

No doubt rest is important but there is 10000 minutes to recover between games. An extra ten minutes on match day means nothing.
You love the argument don't you? Just saying 'No I didn't' does not win the argument when you show a table showing we're sitting higher after 10? rounds than the last round. And a rest of 10 mins each match adds up to a lot of minutes over the season but more importantly keeps the player fresher at the end of the season. BA played RCG and Junior for 40 mins straight in some matches. If keeping players fresh is not important why do coaches rest them for the last match of the season if they can?

Glenneel

Bench
I've heard that ( won't mention clubs name) but a very successful side takes their team to higher altitudes. Apparently the air is thinner so harder to breathe which increases fitness. Apparently lots of athletes go to the snowy mountains to train.
Does anyone know if we do similar with our squad?
Highest we got was some hills around the Hawkesbury or Wanda sand hills. Do they count?

Glenneel

Bench
its been happening since 1968, there is nothing new here

Since the 1968 Olympic Games when the effects of altitude on endurance performance became evident, moderate altitude training ( approximately 2000 to 3000 m) has become popular to improve competition performance both at altitude and sea level.

The NRL season is much longer than the Olympics so any assistance it provides wont last an entire season.
Plus would assume need some time at higher lats (lot more than 1 week) to get any worthwhile improvement

Glenneel

Bench
There are places that have high altitude rooms, where you can train in the same conditions as if you were in one of this high places.

There’s a gym around the corner from me that has one of those rooms.
Can they fit 30 plus players in there?

Glenneel

Bench
Manu is going to French Rugby.

Poor, poor Roosters. They'd now have about $2m freed up in their cap now. Gee, if Manu had just told them earlier they could have signed Crichton instead of the Dogs.

TheRam

Coach
translation = you cannot provide a counter argument

you've never been short on words old man

is that the opposite of defense ? or is your spell checker not working

none taken btw, you are free to say what you like

It's the English/Aussie spelling version I believe. Not the American Offence version.

And yes I couldn't be bothered trying to convince an old stuck in the groove thinker like you. Sorry.

No offense.

TheRam

Coach
With him and Sualli gone they will have a war chest let's hope they stay away from our kids.

Will probably be first port of call...D. Brown will be very tempting for them.

Remember his contract maybe long, but there are many options attached for every year.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Will probably be first port of call...D. Brown will be very tempting for them.

Remember his contract maybe long, but there are many options attached for every year.
If Dylan has any sense of dignity and respect he will stay as Parramatta had every right to toss him away if they could have last year after the incident.

If he was a NSW Cup player he wouldn't be here.

TheRam

Coach
If Dylan has any sense of dignity and respect he will stay as Parramatta had every right to toss him away if they could have last year after the incident.

Obviously, but money talks.

If he has a huge and consistent season this year, look for the cheque books to come out all over the place and I suspect the Roosters would be close to leading that race.

They could easily play him at centre and move him to 5/8th when Keary's time is up...which could be almost anytime since it is probably just one more knock to the head away. Also Keary is not the player he used to be and is a defensive liability as well. Brown fixes all that big time.

T.S Quint

Coach

Parra has more to gain that he does by staying.
If Parra cuts him loose he gets signed up by another club within a week, probably without losing much money.

Parra on the other hand have lost a quality player for nothing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just saying 'No I didn't' does not win the argument when you show a table showing we're sitting higher after 10? rounds than the last round.
It showed we finished seasons higher more often than it showed a lower finish.
And a rest of 10 mins each match adds up to a lot of minutes over the season but more importantly keeps the player fresher at the end of the season. BA played RCG and Junior for 40 mins straight in some matches.
That’s not how fitness, fatigue and recovery work. By your logic they should give preseason training a miss so they’re fresh for round one ffs
If keeping players fresh is not important why do coaches rest them for the last match of the season if they can?
Resting players isn’t the same as reducing their minutes. Cleary rested his players when it was prudent but he also plays Yeo and JFH for long minutes in the middle every week. They are two completely different things. Giving players a week off benefits them the following week. Giving them fewer minutes in a game only reduces their fatigue in that game.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Parra has more to gain that he does by staying.
If Parra cuts him loose he gets signed up by another club within a week, probably without losing much money.

Parra on the other hand have lost a quality player for nothing.
Yeah i know if we got rid of him he would have snapped up by now.

But still shouldn't change the fact we stood by him and gave him another chance to redeem himself.

I think he will stay anyway. I reckon if he was going to go would have been when he did his last contract extension.