What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Cowboys cannot afford to keep Matt Scott beyond 2017. He is the type of prop Arthur would go for IMHO.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Cowboys cannot afford to keep Matt Scott beyond 2017. He is the type of prop Arthur would go for IMHO.

I love Matt Scott, but we have a similar style of player in Tim Mannah, and Mannah costs less.

Scott is a better player, of course - but in terms of value, you'll get similar outputs from both, but Mannah will cost us less - so chasing Scott would be interesting.

I certainly wouldn't complain if we signed him, though - he's class.

Avenger

Immortal
I love Matt Scott, but we have a similar style of player in Tim Mannah, and Mannah costs less.

Scott is a better player, of course - but in terms of value, you'll get similar outputs from both, but Mannah will cost us less - so chasing Scott would be interesting.

I certainly wouldn't complain if we signed him, though - he's class.
He will be 32 in July so I reckon at any price he will be a risk.

Forty20

First Grade
Cowboys cannot afford to jeep Matt Scott beyond 2017. He is the type of prop Arthur would go for IMHO.

A good, senior bookend is usually a solid pickup for any pack but Scott isn't chasing a ring anymore so he has almost no reason not to take up that rumoured 750k p.a. offer from the Knights.

We have the cash to splash for an impact signing or two and I think we will want pieces that facilitate the process of winning forever (loosely of course, think Melbourne or Broncos) versus just winning now with those pickups.

forward pass

Coach
Can anyone let me know what the status is of the Eels v Watmough and Eels v Hopoate situations? Haven't heard anything for a while and obviously choc did not turn up to training as he had threatened.

Incorrect

Coach
A good, senior bookend is usually a solid pickup for any pack but Scott isn't chasing a ring anymore so he has almost no reason not to take up that rumoured 750k p.a. offer from the Knights.

We have the cash to splash for an impact signing or two and I think we will want pieces that facilitate the process of winning forever (loosely of course, think Melbourne or Broncos) versus just winning now with those pickups.
Is Scott not already signed and sealed and later to be delivered to the Knights? Thought it was official?

strider

Post Whore
Can anyone let me know what the status is of the Eels v Watmough and Eels v Hopoate situations? Haven't heard anything for a while and obviously choc did not turn up to training as he had threatened.
Good question. I was wondering the same

hindy111

Post Whore
I disagree about Mannering. He's a plodder. Which is not to say he's not a first grader, but would any non-Kiwi club offer big money for him? I doubt he's on more than $200k.
400+ imo At one point he was one of the better 2nd rowers in game. Dropped off a little now but still a good player.

Last edited:
I've always thought of mannering as a plodder. I reckon he was getting raps cos he's a whitey. People thought that's what the warriors needed and viewed him in that light.

Latest posts