What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I note there is evidence that Ben Barba has used Cocaine. It appears that he is also not disputing that he has used Cocaine.

So why have the NSW Police not charged him with using Cocaine?

it's still hearsay police can only charge him if he is caught in the act

Chipmunk

Coach
And for the vast majority of us who possess drugs in order to use them? Are we victims or criminals?

Well your a criminal whilst your in possession of the drugs. Once you use the drugs you apparently become the victim. You can be both at the same time, if you don't use all the drugs in your possession.

Gronk

Staff member
Windscreens 2016 vs 2017

upload_2017-2-3_12-39-2.jpeg

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

So using your explanation, if someone murders someone, they can only be charged with murder if the police actually catch them whilst they're in the act of doing the murder?

i should have said they still need evidence
you think some nutter has never wandered into a police station and confessed to an imaginary murder?

Incorrect

Coach
Let's just hope we don't see Choc running around for us over the weekend in the 7's.... that wouldn't be a good sign!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The point I was making is that (with Ben Barba) the 'offence' allegedly occurred during a period of time (between season's end and the beginning of pre-season training) when he was on holidays from his job. What right does the NRL have to drug-test (for recreational drugs, not performance enhancing drugs) outside of working hours? He wasn't causing any problems, no arrests, no charges, didn't bring the game into disrepute, nothing like that. And now his NRL career is over. I just think it's putrid. Fair enough to be tested during the season and during pre-season training; but not in your own out-of-work hours. And that's why I'm surprised the Players' Association doesn't say something about it. These players are people, not robots.
I disagree. I think it does bring the game into disrepute. Much like bashing your missus during the off season.

Latest posts