What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Was Asi exposed that much last year to say he isn't a competent first grader. He can do a solid enough job if he is required. At least he looks dangerous and create scoring opportunities.

In 10 games he played we racked up 42 points in a half against the Dolphins, Won at Penrith, Beat Manly with Matto in the halves alongside him.

We won 5 and lost 4 when Asi was in the halves. That was a better win rate then the overall team last year.
Like so many of our players, Asi is dangerous when we've got all the ball. He's also (regrettably) dangerous when we don't.

Parra Pride

Referee
M
Robson and Mortimer also played in grand finals Mortimer even won 1.

Defence isn't secondary as mentioned Moses was terrible in defence now one of the best in the halves.
Morts got his as a bench utility, that’s a far cry from being a starting half. Look at someone like Thurston or even Soward, being an offensive threat who can’t tackle is more valuable than being someone who can tackle his ass off but is no danger at all of actually creating something. Ideally you’d have both, and we are lucky enough to have two halves who do, but if you’re picking one or the other you aren’t really going to find someone who is taking Daniel Mortimer over Jonathon Thurston.

Glenneel

Bench
With a fit an firing one two RCG/Paulo punch we are a much better side.

Add to that potentially Greig stepping into a leading prop role we are in an enviable position should they all stay on the park and fit.
Hope BA splits them up when they start, put on RCG with another good defensive prop (who? Greig/Joe O/Matto/?) and bring on Paulo after 20 mins along with another prop. After halftime replace Paulo and bring him back with RCG at 15-20mins to finish match. Have enough good props now to apply pressure throughout match leading to more consistency. BA needs to run props for no longer than 20-25mins at a time to keep them maintaining a high level of workload.

Glenneel

Bench
Was Asi exposed that much last year to say he isn't a competent first grader. He can do a solid enough job if he is required. At least he looks dangerous and create scoring opportunities.

In 10 games he played we racked up 42 points in a half against the Dolphins, Won at Penrith, Beat Manly with Matto in the halves alongside him.

We won 5 and lost 4 when Asi was in the halves. That was a better win rate then the overall team last year.
And I doubt you can lay those losses onto Asi but on our poor defensive system (do we even have one?). Yes, unless that tightens up we're winning nothing. That second match where we slaughtered Penrith should be our normal standard - except for the final 10 mins where shit Parramatta reared its ugly head again!

Glenneel

Bench
M

Morts got his as a bench utility, that’s a far cry from being a starting half. Look at someone like Thurston or even Soward, being an offensive threat who can’t tackle is more valuable than being someone who can tackle his ass off but is no danger at all of actually creating something. Ideally you’d have both, and we are lucky enough to have two halves who do, but if you’re picking one or the other you aren’t really going to find someone who is taking Daniel Mortimer over Jonathon Thurston.
Munster is poor defensively too.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I'm sorry, but you blokes who don't see what a freak of a player Nathan Cleary is are off your heads.
I must be off my head, but I judge him on his origin performances, and he has never dominated.

I also put the grand final comeback all on chrighton. He scored a try that I don't think any other player could have scored, and the winning try that cleary scored was due to a huge gap opening up for him cause the broncos defensive line had eyes on crighton and overread the play, and were shitting themselves trying to gang up on him. If Chrighton doesn't play in that gf, panthers lose convincingly.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I must be off my head, but I judge him on his origin performances, and he has never dominated.

I also put the grand final comeback all on chrighton. He scored a try that I don't think any other player could have scored, and the winning try that cleary scored was due to a huge gap opening up for him cause the broncos defensive line had eyes on crighton and overread the play, and were shitting themselves trying to gang up on him. If Chrighton doesn't play in that gf, panthers lose convincingly.

And the 40-20 he kicked?

And the linebreak he created?

Crichton had a great game, too, but diminishing Cleary's game is crazy to me.