What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In fairness to Nathan they have teamed him up with the space cadet fitler.

Imagine what slater could do with cleary.
Or that supercoach Meninga!!! Coaching means f**k all at rep level. The impact on game day is minimal. The effects of coaching are felt over years, not days or weeks. This is why the Kiwis picked Jones over Bennett. It is a figurehead position.

Gronk

Staff member

November 1 doesn't exist for these players and it shouldn't because he's a developed junior of Parramatta,” Canberra CEO Don Furner told The Herald.

“I like that rule. It gives Parramatta a chance to keep their local junior, even though it might cost us a player we want this time around, I think it's a good rule and good step for the game.”

Soto

Bench
Interesting that Adam Pompey doesn't make the starting 13 for the warriors and may not be in their top 17 when they have utilities like Dylan Walker there.
Would he be a better option than Simmonson and Harper? I say yes...I'd have him starting ahead of them two for sure

eels_fan

First Grade
No idea if this is our boys, but we did cop it quite a lot last year on social media from members and fans about the players not hanging around post match and doing photos/autographs.

SHOOSH​

Which NRL players were overheard whingeing about having to attend a recent fan day. It’s interesting in that it’s the same club and same players who’ve previously been criticised for heading straight to the sheds after games without interacting with their fans.

TheRam

Coach
Well I wasn't talking about Moses being out for an extended period, but when we had to use Asi for more than one or two games last year, his inadequacies were exposed like a Portuguese chicken.

I just would not want to regret having to use Asi or Hands in that 6/7 fill in role and it cost us again IF Sanders can fill that role better.

I don't think he can at this stage of his development. That's the problem, impatience. Playmakers need more time and development than any other position on the field. To soon and you can cook them well and truly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You clearly don’t watch how Penrith play. How many games have they won without him playing? Penrith don’t rely on one player to win games, next man up shows how a good system works.
Next man up is bullshit. When you have heaps of stars you can afford to lose one. It’s the other stars who take up the slack, not the backup who replaced the injured/suspended merkin.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think he can at this stage of his development. That's the problem, impatience. Playmakers need more time and development than any other position on the field. To soon and you can cook them well and truly.
If we circle back, my argument is to try and keep him at the club. To make the pathway attractive to him rather than throwing him in at deep end at another club.

You on the other hand want to trade him now.

All I am saying is that it would good to convince him to stay and if we need him to play NRL this year then he can for a game. That’s not cooking him, so frankly I don’t know what you are talking about.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we circle back, my argument is to try and keep him at the club. To make the pathway attractive to him rather than throwing him in at deep end at another club.

You on the other hand want to trade him now.

All I am saying is that it would good to convince him to stay and if we need him to play NRL this year then he can for a game. That’s not cooking him, so frankly I don’t know what you are talking about.
Yep. If he stays he certainly won’t be playing too much NRL too soon. Moses, Drown and Gutherson (by way of shifting Dylan Brown to fullback) are all ahead of him.

84 Baby

Referee
You clearly don’t watch how Penrith play. How many games have they won without him playing? Penrith don’t rely on one player to win games, next man up shows how a good system works.

what-joke.gif

Lemon Squash

First Grade
No idea if this is our boys, but we did cop it quite a lot last year on social media from members and fans about the players not hanging around post match and doing photos/autographs.

SHOOSH​

Which NRL players were overheard whingeing about having to attend a recent fan day. It’s interesting in that it’s the same club and same players who’ve previously been criticised for heading straight to the sheds after games without interacting with their fans.

It’s directed at us 100%… whether or not it’s true is another question