What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Walker’s defence is shit as well. But Sanders is much bigger than Walker and Moses at the same age. His defence is fine.

Walker has more weapons that Sanders at this stage. Yet he couldn't hack it in the NRL even playing with a star studded roster that needed him more than we do since we have to settled halves.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. The only way he moves to fullback is temporarily through injuries. Talk of moving him to fullback to accommodate Ethan sanders in a year or two is comedy.

if Sanders turns out to be an x actor player, or just a player that we want to retain, them shifting Dylbo to centre and pissing Superman of may not be a bad call while we develop another outside back

moving Guth from his fav position is just crazy talk

we'll see I guess

Eelementary

Post Whore
Look at their fan's reactions, they definitely are. Almost as upset as they were when we beat them twice last season.

I'm sure some of their fans are upset about it.

Just like I'm sure the Penrith-supporting families on my street don't mind, because a Premiership is worth more than a gimmick match.

Would Penrith rather win a Premiership, or the World Club Challenge?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon the coaches know more and that's why they haven't made the change.
They obviously know more and they obviously haven't made the change because at the moment Gutherson is still performing well at fullback and Sanders isn't ready to start in first grade. There's no need to move anyone yet.
They may in the future when we don't have such a great fullback but for the time being it isn't worth it.
We are talking about the future ffs

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
f**k, now we are suggesting maybe Brown to centre to keep Sanders. I guess that’s one way to ensure Brown pisses off as soon as his option is up.

try reading it again, you've got the priorities arse about

I said if we decide to keep Saunders for what ever reason, then it could be an option

I didn't say that Saunders was a priority, Dylbo easily a bigger priority that Saunders and should it ever happen, then I beleive an upgrade on Superman is one of our priorities atm

TheCrowe

Juniors
If they raiders announce they have signed Sanders for 25 then there is no point developing him in reserve grade as he is just blocking someone else. Our best bet is to trade him this year. Trey Mooney is the obvious trade to provide succession to our ageing forwards. Use him like a Spencer Leinu to come on for short periods of high intensity. They are both mad merkins.

Noise

Coach
try reading it again, you've got the priorities arse about

I said if we decide to keep Saunders for what ever reason, then it could be an option

I didn't say that Saunders was a priority, Dylbo easily a bigger priority that Saunders and should it ever happen, then I beleive an upgrade on Superman is one of our priorities atm
An upgrade on Superman at centre is definitely a priority. Moving our star 5/8 there is definitely not the answer.

Soto

Bench
For those close to the inner sanctum of the mighty Eels Is there that much difference between Sanders and Lynn?
Moving Dylan or Guth to accommodate Sanders at this stage I don't think is beneficial for anyone bar any opposition.
If Lynn is almost as good as Sanders then set him free and invest time and energy in Lynn....just my 2 cents

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
If they raiders announce they have signed Sanders for 25 then there is no point developing him in reserve grade as he is just blocking someone else. Our best bet is to trade him this year. Trey Mooney is the obvious trade to provide succession to our ageing forwards. Use him like a Spencer Leinu to come on for short periods of high intensity. They are both mad merkins.

We did that last year and it bit us in the bum. He signed for this year, he can stay this year

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Walker has more weapons that Sanders at this stage.
That's why he played a lot more first grade by the same age.
Yet he couldn't hack it in the NRL even playing with a star studded roster that needed him more than we do since we have to settled halves.
Walker couldn't hack it? Which player are you watching? He's had 39 NRL try assists while still eligible for Jersey Flegg. And last year (while still Flegg-eligible) he got his tackle effectiveness up to 87%. But I suppose dozens of merkins were running around him and it's not reflected in the stats? That old chestnut ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why would Canberra want to lose a player just to bring in Sanders to play reserve grade this year? He can do that at Parra. And should we not use him as a backup halfback if he's ready this year? We need cover for Moses and Brown if they miss games.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Why would Canberra want to lose a player just to bring in Sanders to play reserve grade this year? He can do that at Parra. And should we not use him as a backup halfback if he's ready this year? We need cover for Moses and Brown if they miss games.
"If" they want him early we should be open to a deal.
After his plod performance in the trial its probably less likely.

yy_cheng

Coach
The only people who are suggesting it dumbarses who have never really seen Sanders play but hear the media blowing up his balloon and think that it’s an indication of club mismanagement if we lose him and think we should do whatever it takes to keep him. BTW he’s nothing like Dylan. He’s an out and out halfback and I think we’ve prioritised more versatile juniors ahead of him ie Blaize, Guymer. I suspect we might play Hands at half if Moses is out and hope that Lynne develops into a genuine backup half in the next 2 years.
I think dyl will play 7 and asi 6 if moses is out.

The interesting question is if guth is out.

When guth got during the game, moses or simmo has gone to the back.

So would it be bailey in and harper replaces him

Or moses to 1 and asi to 6

Lastly,could be russell or vlaize to 1