What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
If he invests wisely he could get back on it the day he retires and live so large he'll probably die in a car accident before he runs out of money.
Because everything about Barba screams Warren Buffett. His wisest investment probably is the coke. At least he'd know the value

Whats not fair??? He got caught??? If he doesn't like it he can work 9-5 like the rest of us saps on chump change a week. f**k me for the money he is on you can give up the blow for a little while.

it's the harsh reality of being a sportsman if any of us were caught doing what carney or pearce did would our jobs be at risk? no

the media expect players to be these perfect little angels 24/7 which i know is an unrealistic expectation but as soon as something happens the "think of the children" brigade go into overdrive and sponsors start pulling money so clubs have to do something

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd say it's because pro sportsmen are seen as having easy, charmed lives. The public expects there to be a cost for this and that cost is to be held to a higher standard. It's like those crazy youngsters at ADFA. They are behaving no differently to other uni students, but because their degrees are paid for by HRH Malcolm Turnbull, they are subject to greater scrutiny and judgement by Johnny Punter.

phantom eel

First Grade
it's the harsh reality of being a sportsman if any of us were caught doing what carney or pearce did would our jobs be at risk? no
Depends on your occupation, e.g. teachers, cops would also be in trouble.

Tradies, small business people, average worker joes - probabbly not, unless it somehow smeared the reputationof their company/employer. That's the bit these players often don't get... their off-field actions impact the reputation of the code and club that employs them.

I'm in two minds about it. Players know the consequences but maybe we're just asking too much and asking for trouble. Sometimes I wish companies/organisations/sponsors/the NRL/etc would have the balls to say, "yeah, he f**ked up alright... But nobody's perfect." My thinking is that we've gone too far in the PC direction.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol, worst excuse for ADFA/Defence Force rape culture I've read so far...
You underestimate my loathing for uni students if you thought that was an excuse.

And there was no 'rape culture' since at least the mid-00s when I joined. There might've been some rapists (like anywhere in society) but I never met anyone who would've even endorsed rape. And I knew plenty of mysogynists. None of them expressed the view that raping a woman was acceptable.

On the other hand, sexually harassing each other was an essential part of male bonding. Like in any footy team.

lingard

Coach
You underestimate my loathing for uni students if you thought that was an excuse.

And there was no 'rape culture' since at least the mid-00s when I joined. There might've been some rapists (like anywhere in society) but I never met anyone who would've even endorsed rape. And I knew plenty of mysogynists. None of them expressed the view that raping a woman was acceptable.

On the other hand, sexually harassing each other was an essential part of male bonding. Like in any footy team.

Maybe they just weren't game to mention it to you because they knew you'd argue with them. :D

Basil Brush

Juniors
I know 9s is different to 13 aside rugby league. But if the 9s is any indication of Gutherson ball playing I think Parra are in trouble.
He was fine at the back end of last season without Norman.

He is not a natural playmaker but just judge him when you actually watch him properly.

Norman is our main playmaker.

You should know that as a rugby league fan.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was fine at the back end of last season without Norman.

He is not a natural playmaker but just judge him when you actually watch him properly.

Norman is our main playmaker.

You should know that as a rugby league fan.
He doesn't play like a half though, he plays like a fullback. He best playmaking comes when he takes the line on, and at first receiver there aren't many opportunities for that.

By that I mean there are plenty of opportunities to take the line on but it is almost always the wrong option. Out wide taking on the defence is usually the best option, which is why the best running playmakers should be at fullback.

Noise

Coach
He doesn't play like a half though, he plays like a fullback. He best playmaking comes when he takes the line on, and at first receiver there aren't many opportunities for that.

By that I mean there are plenty of opportunities to take the line on but it is almost always the wrong option. Out wide taking on the defence is usually the best option, which is why the best running playmakers should be at fullback.

Pou, do you think he will do well as a half?

Latest posts