What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So where is Stefano going next year.

It wont be the Tigers - Madge can hold a grudge and will truly make sure he cant activate that contract extension by playing 2 origins this year.

Just goes to show the real dumb clubs put options & clauses in contracts that it generally backfires.

But hey player options are good business.
Every club uses contract options.

Gronk

Staff member
So where is Stefano going next year.

It wont be the Tigers - Madge can hold a grudge and will truly make sure he cant activate that contract extension by playing 2 origins this year.

Just goes to show the real dumb clubs put options & clauses in contracts that it generally backfires.

But hey player options are good business.
The Telegraph pod said that the tigers have tabled a 3 x $8 or 900k offer and he hasn't signed.

Gronk

Staff member
My God who the fu*k are you??

You must walk around with perpetual black eyes mate from every merkin that has had the unfortunate pleasure of spending 5 minutes in your delightful company.

What a self obsessed pr*ck!
Gee it's not like you to have a condescending attitude of patronizing superiority.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Weren't we told JBBM was crap and as dumb as a plank of wood? That's why we didn't keep him?

there is 510 nrl contracts and 102 development contracts, JBBM doesn't even have one of theses...

He is hardly rated by the Storm, he is just playing for one of their 3 feeder clubs, the tigers. Mostly coming off the bench....he has a coke and pie deal with the tigers....

King-Gutho94

Coach
there is 510 nrl contracts and 102 development contracts, JBBM doesn't even have one of theses...

He is hardly rated by the Storm, he is just playing for one of their 3 feeder clubs, the tigers. Mostly coming off the bench....he has a coke and pie deal with the tigers....
JJBM is lazy dope of a plodder i called it 9 months ago.

I doubt he will play FG he doesn't have the mongrel & smarts in him you need to get to that level.

Gronk

Staff member

JJBM is lazy dope of a plodder i called it 9 months ago.

I doubt he will play FG he doesn't have the mongrel & smarts in him you need to get to that level.
That's a shame, cos he was running like Fui at one point.

Delboy

First Grade
Every club uses contract options.
Yes, but we are so good at them that we have double than the next club. Seriously , when the Club gets stood over by player managers as seems likely, it doesn’t end well. Dylbro and his manager will milk the options for all their worth.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I get not having a full top 30 this year isn't great, and our back depth needs improving. But we did also lose 2 promising backs during the preseason.

Anyhow, I reckon the job MON/CEO has done with our squad contracts is some what underrated...

looking at our squad, we have stuff all contracted for 2026.....

it's almost like there was a plan in place to have a new coach be given a fairly free roster to shape it as they wouId like rather easily.....not the shit show at other clubs when a new coach comes in and the cap is stuffed.....

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I get not having a full top 30 this year isn't great, and our back depth needs improving. But we did also lose 2 promising backs during the preseason.

Anyhow, I reckon the job MON/CEO has done with our squad contracts is some what underrated...

it's almost like there was a plan in place to have a new coach be given a fairly free roster to shape it as they wouId like rather easily.....not the shit show at other clubs when a new coach comes in and the cap is stuffed.....

Agree completely. I think we are going to be very active in the market before too long.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The Telegraph pod said that the tigers have tabled a 3 x $8 or 900k offer and he hasn't signed.

Oh boy....

I dunno if squad balance allows for a prop to be paid that much.

I'm aware we have 2 props who are almost on around that much coin.... I'm kind of a fan of getting 2 props just past their prime, and 3-4 potential up and comers. If one of them works out and you sign a long term 5-600k deal, that is gravy!!

Worse than overpaying a prop is not having a lead prop. So I kind of understand the Tigers being willing to pay the big bucks.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Be nice if Dylan Brown could re-commit to the club.

November 1 is looming and at this stage he is a free agent for 2026.

Latest posts