What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Agree Nice guys but they don't ask the hard questions us fans want to hear and the question the normal media don't care about..

Easy Questions..

Why didnt we resign Money Mahoney if it was only going to be an extra 100k a season.
No the question should be would Mahoney be worth extra $100k? And what is the contingency for him leaving?
Why haven't we recruited outside backs?
Good question
Plan with our juniors being developed.
I’d only expect a generic statement and wouldn’t want anymore than that made public

JokerEel

Coach
No the question should be would Mahoney be worth extra $100k? And what is the contingency for him leaving?

Good question

I’d only expect a generic statement and wouldn’t want anymore than that made public

Very true maybe whoever was going to ask them, question them better then I did.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Agree Nice guys but they don't ask the hard questions us fans want to hear and the question the normal media don't care about..

Easy Questions..

Why didnt we resign Money Mahoney if it was only going to be an extra 100k a season.

Why haven't we recruited outside backs?

Plan with our juniors being developed..
1. Because we (probably our coach) thought Hodgson was better for a couple of years at similar money. (But from a realistic BA perspective, Im assuming Rheed wanted more than 2 years and we would not have wanted to lock him in for that long.)
2. Because we had AMS who'd played one (ordinary) game on the wing and Dick Penisini was going to be the next big thing. Also Haze would be back to his best after a big preseason. Additionally we signed our new Marata in Mommamia who could play middle, edge and centre equally as well.
Then he would have waffled on about our gun SG Ballers who might also push through the grades reminding us that we are a Development Club first and foremost.
Ask the tought question and that would have been the answer. Happy now? 😁😁😁😁

Avenger

Immortal
While he handled it as poorly as our ball control yesterday, I don’t understand why you and others continually berate them. Most fans know they are free marketing puff pieces for club with some “truthful” analysis. Why berate someone for not being someone you know they aren’t?
Do people have a go at you because really watches are overpriced, outdated self-indulgences?
All the time. However I don’t care what they think. Thats why I’m also a member of a nerd watch forum.

hindy111

Post Whore
We under valued Mahoney. A good tough young hooker who puts in 100%
Instead we signed 5 guys on 4yr contract who where close to 30yrs old with a history of being inconsistent.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Instead we signed 5 guys on 4yr contract who where close to 30yrs old with a history of being inconsistent.
We were just unlucky mate. They played some great footy in their contract year. 😁

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why do you watch nerds?
I find them boring.
nerds GIF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You Gave it to them ! He got upset and then just defended themselves with out saying why they wont ask hard questions.
We know why they won’t ask hard questions. Some access is better than none, for all of us. Asking the fans with the best access to ruin that access just so they can be pissy insolent merkins might make merkins feel good for a brief moment but then it’s over and nobody gets any access again.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I do wonder if team dynamics/harmony played a role in us not bending over backwards to keep him....
Be definitely wasn’t in the Moses and Gutho click, where Brown just goes with the flow.

Our senior players have had far too much day for far to long.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They also had a history of being difference makers in attack. Mahoney isn’t, so he’s not worth the big money.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good question
Is it a good question? You can only recruit to fill gaps in your salary cap, which means waiting for existing contracts to end. We have had at least three blokes on top 17 money on the books for a while - Sivo, Penisini and Simonsson. Who knows how much Dunster is on, but he was shaping as a starting winger when we signed him to his current deal. We can’t spend his money until he is gone, and it looks like we have spent it on Lomax next year. Probably most of Simonsson’s as well.

Gronk

Staff member
And as a member said he states he isn’t media but an online magazine? Isn’t that basically the same thing? That’s his excuse for not being able to ask the tough questions to Mark O’Neill.

Nice guy but he’s all over the place.
The club doesn't allow them at pressers. So not the same thing in the club's eyes.

Avenger

Immortal
The club doesn't allow them at pressers. So not the same thing in the club's eyes.

So if you had a podcast with Parramatta content would you ask some tough questions to Mark O'Neill if he was on your show? That's what happened with TCT.

I listen to plenty of podcasts and the best ones ask tough questions. Straight Talk with Mark Bouris is one of the best out there because he asks his guests the questions people want to hear. He doesn't shirk it like 60's did.

It has nothing to do with the club not allowing them at pressers. Your point doesn't make sense.