What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I believe that comes back to the lack of attention to detail that BA clearly never worried about which is why we have these players that have no strategy or system in place or anything ingrained enough to capitalise on when the opposition is down a man.
The decision makers are on the field. If they think they see an opportunity they will either take it or stick to the script. The smartest playmakers make the right decision more often than not. Our playmakers might have skill but Gutherson is the only smart one, and he won’t get his way every time.

hindy111

Post Whore
The decision makers are on the field. If they think they see an opportunity they will either take it or stick to the script. The smartest playmakers make the right decision more often than not. Our playmakers might have skill but Gutherson is the only smart one, and he won’t get his way every time.

Gutherson isn't that smart. He overplays his hand and isn't an x factor. He has been one of our best ever players. Top 15 I'd say of all-time but his career is winding up.

emjaycee

Coach
I think I've upset Sixties. Nice guy, but he's all over the place. See my comment at Reply 4.

You're a bully!!!

Gronk

Staff member
But wouldn't signing the Cheese block "Boods" pathway to first grade.

Which isn't that what we have spent the past 3 or 4 years working towards is getting him ready for 2025.

It wouldn't make any sense to go after Cheese now.

We have done the hard yards with developing Boods lets see it through.
You can't put all your eggs in one basket. Players like Arthur won't even reach their junior best until 23 or so and then he's a few years away from being top of his game. Reed Mahoney is 26 this year believe it or not. Marshal King is 28. Jayden Brailey is also 28.

There's a lot of garbage out there and only a few goodins.

Jayden Berrell, Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Zach Dockar-Clay, Jake Granville, Jamie Humphreys, Zac Woolford, Jayden Brailey, Damien Cook, Bronson Garlick, Harrison Graham, Brendan Hands, Siliva Havili, Riley Jones, Danny Levi, Soni Luke, Joey Lussick, Jeremy Marshall-King, Cameron McInnes, Tyler Moriarty, Blake Mozer, Cory Paix, Reece Robson, Billy Scott, Brandon Smith, Tyson Smoothy, Tom Starling, Jake Turpin, Blayke Brailey, Lachlan Croker, Phoenix Crossland, Tallyn Da Silva, Harry Grant, Apisai Koroisau, Jacob Liddle, Freddy Lussick, Reed Mahoney, Chris Randall, Jake Simpkin, Sam Verrills, Billy Walters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gutherson isn't that smart. He overplays his hand and isn't an x factor. He has been one of our best ever players. Top 15 I'd say of all-time but his career is winding up.
He’s not an X factor but he doesn’t overplay his hand. He hogs the ball but it looks like he knows when a quick ptb is required rather than chasing a false opportunity and turning the ball over. He is very smart. He just lacks the dynamism and skill to exploit opportunities like Walsh and similar players.

hindy111

Post Whore
He’s not an X factor but he doesn’t overplay his hand. He hogs the ball but it looks like he knows when a quick ptb is required rather than chasing a false opportunity and turning the ball over. He is very smart. He just lacks the dynamism and skill to exploit opportunities like Walsh and similar players.

Fullbacks need to be able to break tackles and create. Gutherson body doesn't seem up to it anymore. Gone from a top 5 Fullback to bog average.

JokerEel

Coach
I think I've upset Sixties. Nice guy, but he's all over the place. See my comment at Reply 4.

You Gave it to them ! He got upset and then just defended themselves with out saying why they wont ask hard questions.

Avenger

Immortal
You Gave it to them ! He got upset and then just defended themselves with out saying why they wont ask hard questions.
And as a member said he states he isn’t media but an online magazine? Isn’t that basically the same thing? That’s his excuse for not being able to ask the tough questions to Mark O’Neill.

Nice guy but he’s all over the place.

JokerEel

Coach
And as a member said he states he isn’t media but an online magazine? Isn’t that basically the same thing? That’s his excuse for not being able to ask the tough questions to Mark O’Neill.

Agree Nice guys but they don't ask the hard questions us fans want to hear and the question the normal media don't care about..

Easy Questions..

Why didnt we resign Money Mahoney if it was only going to be an extra 100k a season.

Why haven't we recruited outside backs?

Plan with our juniors being developed..

84 Baby

Referee

While he handled it as poorly as our ball control yesterday, I don’t understand why you and others continually berate them. Most fans know they are free marketing puff pieces for club with some “truthful” analysis. Why berate someone for not being someone you know they aren’t?
Do people have a go at you because really watches are overpriced, outdated self-indulgences?

Chipmunk

Coach
We have had 40 mins of footy this year against 12 men and scored 1 try.

And that was a fluky try off a kick which got patted back to someone who passed it out to Morgan Harper against Souths.

1 try in 4 stints where someone has been in the bin.

We are the worst team in the comp whenever we come up against 12.

Its a disgrace we haven't got a method or strategy to use with an extra man.
It's because we have ZERO methods and strategy except offloads...the sum of the brilliance of the individual can't work unless your individuals are brilliant...