What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
I thought you said they did???

Or did I miss the sarcasm?
Mate, this place, like most others is just an internet forum full of guesses, wishes and very little knowledge of what goes on behind what any of us see on game day.

Does MON put a notional value on each position? Some are adamant that he does, yet some of our signings would indicate he doesnt - I don't know the answer any more than you do.

But given BA is gone, we need to blame someone right?

lucablight

First Grade
So our attack is better than our defence. And in the five games Moses played in, we’ve scored 24.8ppg, which puts us sixth best. That’s despite four of those five games being against the best defensive side, the third best defence and the second best twice.
Cherry picking. Both our attack and defence is inferior to most teams. Thats a fact no matter how you want to hide it. Maybe things will change once we get a better sample size but that’s the current situation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cherry picking. Both our attack and defence is inferior to most teams. Thats a fact no matter how you want to hide it. Maybe things will change once we get a better sample size but that’s the current situation.
Cherry picking? I’m literally showing the difference with Moses in the team. I think we’d all be quite happy if we had a bigger sample of games with Moses in the side. We’d be higher up the ladder anyway.

Soto

Bench
Been thinking alot about next year when we get Lomax and fitting Blaize in at centre where he has said he wants to play.
So here is what I reckon the new coach should consider...looking at u Ryles, Hannay or Cheika.
So hear me out
1. Lomax
2. TBA or Sivo/Russell/ McClean
3. Blaize
4. Penisini
5. TBA or Feagai/Feagai/Martin
6. Gutho
7. Moses
13. Hopgood
12. Cartwright
11. Kelma
10. RCG
9. Brown ( Yes Dylan Brown)
8. Joe O
14. Hands
15. Paulo
16. Wiremu
17 Doorey

I would play Dylan Brown hooker in the mould of Jeremy Marshall King. Dylan's a better defender and can have a very similar running game. Simple instructions. Lead the line in defence and run at every opportunity.
Gives us plenty of attacking spark with Lomax, Blaize, Guth and Moses.
Id be happy to keep Sivo 1 more yr with a new coach to fire an absolute rocket up him.
Gutho in the frontline, Lomax roaming at fullback.
I think we sign 3 or 4 outside backs to challenge for the wing spots
With the bench, 2 props, a backrower and Hands utility. Gives you the option if there is an injury in the backs then Dylbro can slot into any position from fullback, centre, 5/8 or 7
Obviously some players aren't with us now but I would be targeting them. Eg Feagai bros, Mcclean Bros
Having Simonsson, AMS and Richard Penisini all coming back from ACLs is not great hence the need to go and buy wingers/centres.
There are other plenty of good outside backs such as Samuel Stonestreet (Sharks), Grant Anderson (Storm), Raymond Vega (Manly) Semi Velamai (Cowboys) who would be all better than our current fringe and starting outside backs..
Sorry long post but we need an overhaul and I'm hoping by the end of June the new coach is announced. I don't think Barrett can be the new long term coach unless he wins the next 3 games.
Just feel we need a brand new coaching staff department and fitness trainers...
Rant over

Seems like Perth may have jumped Albo's PNG who need more time for the 18th side.

I would have a chuckle if Perth went with the Newtown Jets instead of the North Sydney Bears.
The sooner a Perth Bears/Jets/whatever team gets in the NRL again, then perhaps the sooner we might be to being rid of Pou from this forum...? :pray:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Been thinking alot about next year when we get Lomax and fitting Blaize in at centre where he has said he wants to play.
So here is what I reckon the new coach should consider...looking at u Ryles, Hannay or Cheika.
So hear me out
1. Lomax
3. Blaize
4. Penisini
6. Gutho
7. Moses
13. Hopgood
12. Cartwright
11. Kelma
10. RCG
8. Joe O
14. Hands
15. Paulo
16. Wiremu
17 Doorey

I would play Dylan Brown hooker in the mould of Jeremy Marshall King. Dylan's a better defender and can have a very similar running game. Simple instructions. Lead the line in defence and run at every opportunity.
Id be happy to keep Sivo 1 more yr with a new coach to fire an absolute rocket up him.
With the bench, 2 props, a backrower and Hands utility. Gives you the option if there is an injury in the backs then Dylbro can slot into any position from fullback, centre, 5/8 or 7
Obviously some players aren't with us now but I would be targeting them. Eg Feagai bros, Mcclean Bros
Having Simonsson, AMS and Richard Penisini all coming back from ACLs is not great hence the need to go and buy wingers/centres.
There are other plenty of good outside backs such as Samuel Stonestreet (Sharks), Grant Anderson (Storm), Raymond Vega (Manly) Semi Velamai (Cowboys) who would be all better than our current fringe and starting outside backs..
Sorry long post but we need an overhaul and I'm hoping by the end of June the new coach is announced. I don't think Barrett can be the new long term coach unless he wins the next 3 games.
Rant over
I agree Brown would be very good at a few positions.

JokerEel

Coach
So hear me out
1. Lomax
3. Blaize
4. Penisini
6. Gutho
7. Moses
13. Hopgood
12. Cartwright
11. Kelma
10. RCG
8. Joe O
14. Hands
15. Paulo
16. Wiremu
17 Doorey

Rant over

Thats a last placed side right there and Brown will not be taking up his PO

Carty is a bench player at best
Mcleans are not leaving the riff
Doorey & Greig are not first grade material

We Only have 23 signed for next year so there will be changes when the new coach comes in.

It’s the smart way to live.
Blue Mountains Sunset GIF by Sam Amidon

lucablight

First Grade
Cherry picking? I’m literally showing the difference with Moses in the team. I think we’d all be quite happy if we had a bigger sample of games with Moses in the side. We’d be higher up the ladder anyway.
We almost certainly would be. I’m not denying Moses makes a huge difference to the team. Obviously even blind Freddy can see that. I’m saying it’s disingenuous to say our attack is all hunky dorey when our inability to finish off a Bulldogs team that was up against it lead to us crapping our pants in the final 10 minutes of a very winnable game. With the amount of ball we had against the Bulldogs in round 1 we should have won by more as well.