What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
You reckon, other than appointing Sarantinos, he did a bad job?
Or do you think the Sarantinos appointment is so bad it cancels any good he did?
If your looking at the commercial aspect i assume Sarantinos is doing a fine job and that's probably what his role is. Otherwise he wouldn't have lasted this long.

I do think he is one of the more passive club CEO's in the game when it comes to promoting the clubs cause and not wanting to ruffle any feathers.

I feel on occasions he should be standing up for the club a bit more. And doesn't have enough connections to push a club's cause when required.

Being nice guy with the NRL generally gets you nowhere.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Nathan Brown has extended for 2 more years at Manly.

Another great piece of roster management there from our R&R team.

He has made BA look like a fool thinking he was past it and finished 2 years ago.

Has been one of Manly's best forwards coming off the bench this year.

While we extended the likes of Lane & Matterson who have offered SFA since the 2022 GF.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

He has made BA look like a fool thinking he was past it and finished 2 years ago.

While we extended the likes of Lane & Matterson who have offered SFA since the 2022 GF.

source ?

do you know why he was released by the Eels ?

King-Gutho94

Coach
source ?

do you know why he was released by the Eels ?
I wouldn't have a clue why he was released there was one rumour going around but its not worth re-posting on here. As i doubt that would have been case.

Only BA would know the true reason Brown was released.

Cult hero status at Manly now.

Makes you feel a bit sick now those pricks over there love him considering the amount of times he put his body on the line for this club and look how we treated him out the door.

We look like a bunch of pushovers these days with our powderpuff pack without Nrown's aggression.

Pazza

First Grade
The one thing I want to know is that he was not good enough to make the team for half a season but good enough to play in the GF??

When BA said they were just happy to be there... he wasn't wrong

Incorrect

Coach
I wouldn't have a clue why he was released there was one rumour going around but its not worth re-posting on here. As i doubt that would have been case.

Makes you feel a bit sick now those pricks over there love him considering the amount of times he put his body on the line for this club and look how we treated him out the door.

We look like a bunch of pushovers these days with our powderpuff pack without Nrown's aggression.
Our pack has lost a lot of starch and punch since Stone and Brown left....

Gronk

Staff member

He might be a cult hero, but he isn't that good and is probably just cheap. Lane and Matto are out of form / injured and still match his when he is apparently killing it.

1718233579703.png
1718233609778.png

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We almost certainly would be. I’m not denying Moses makes a huge difference to the team. Obviously even blind Freddy can see that. I’m saying it’s disingenuous to say our attack is all hunky dorey when our inability to finish off a Bulldogs team that was up against it lead to us crapping our pants in the final 10 minutes of a very winnable game.
They have the second best defence in the comp ffs. You can't pick and choose 10 minute periods and say we should have scored because even the highest try scoring team (the Roosters) only average about five tries in eighty minutes. But more importantly, the Bulldogs are only conceding 2.6 tries per eighty minutes. That means there is an average of more than five 10 minute periods per game where the opposition doesn't score. But somehow we should have scored in that one period just because they were a man down? We didn't complete our sets precisely because we were trying to score when we didn't need to.

More than any other, we are a team that needs to complete our sets. Because we have a lot of attacking ability and too many defensive plodders.
With the amount of ball we had against the Bulldogs in round 1 we should have won by more as well.
The high completions meant we were staying patient and not trying to score when we didn't need to. We pulled them into the grind and made them work, which is what we should've done on Monday. Instead we let their fast defence panic us into error while we were in front on the scoreboard. We should've just held the ball, let them swarm us, and gotten to our kick.

yy_cheng

Coach

I thought there was something to Lane against the dogs. He was running between the players and getting his arm free. It's getting better.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But it isn't a fair analysis.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

To cherry pick a comparison of when we have our best attacking players with other teams regardless of whether they have their best attacking players is somewhat disingenuous.
You’re never going to get the exact same conditions other than the one being compared. It’s not a controlled environment. So we do the best with the data we have.

Latest posts