What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

oldmancraigy

Coach
Even Wayne Bennett’s been sacked. It doesn’t mean he can’t coach.

Very true. I suppose that does put a question mark on Antonelli - that he hasn't been fired doesn't imply he CAN coach either. And being hired by someone previously sacked could be interpreted oddly (by those with a penchant to interpret things in strange ways).
I suppose for Bennett it holds true that being sacked doesn't imply that he can coach either, does it?

Sometimes an astute observer notices that an individuals methods have failed to adapt to modern principles, and rely on outdated metrics for success. That may or may not be true for Bennett, and may or may not be true of others. If those in the know feel that way, then I suppose we should acknowledge their cleanout and change of direction.

senior

Juniors

Lomax explains reason behind shock Eels signing​

It was reported early in the 2024 season that Lomax's Dragons exit had come due to a positional change, with Shane Flanagan moving him from the centres out on to the wing.

However, Lomax has denied these claims, and instead said that the decision was much more internal, telling the A Lot To Talk About podcast that the driving factor behind his 2025 switch was about challenging himself.

"Ultimately, I wanted to go and test myself," Lomax said.

"I feel for me, I’ve served my time here at the Dragons and it’s been good while I’ve been here.

"To go [to Parramatta] was a big decision, I haven’t even been up to Sydney yet, but I believe in their roster.

"They’re not doing as they would have hoped this year, they’ve obviously had a fair bit of injury, but for me, I wanted to go and test myself and I feel for me at that point in time it’s what was right, and I’m looking forward to it, I can’t wait.

"I just want to prove myself right, that’s the main thing, not so much prove people wrong in the whole decision, but I want to prove to myself that the decision I’ve made is for the better.

"I’ll get into reasons why I left, and I guess there’s a time and that will come, but for me I want to test myself… and go and get a little uncomfortable.

"At the start of the year it was like, tossed up, me [not wanting to] play wing, obviously that’s completely bullsh*t, I love playing footy, love chasing the ball, and I will play wherever."

senior

Juniors

Lomax explains reason behind shock Eels signing​

It was reported early in the 2024 season that Lomax's Dragons exit had come due to a positional change, with Shane Flanagan moving him from the centres out on to the wing.

However, Lomax has denied these claims, and instead said that the decision was much more internal, telling the A Lot To Talk About podcast that the driving factor behind his 2025 switch was about challenging himself.

"Ultimately, I wanted to go and test myself," Lomax said.

"I feel for me, I’ve served my time here at the Dragons and it’s been good while I’ve been here.

"To go [to Parramatta] was a big decision, I haven’t even been up to Sydney yet, but I believe in their roster.

"They’re not doing as they would have hoped this year, they’ve obviously had a fair bit of injury, but for me, I wanted to go and test myself and I feel for me at that point in time it’s what was right, and I’m looking forward to it, I can’t wait.

"I just want to prove myself right, that’s the main thing, not so much prove people wrong in the whole decision, but I want to prove to myself that the decision I’ve made is for the better.

"I’ll get into reasons why I left, and I guess there’s a time and that will come, but for me I want to test myself… and go and get a little uncomfortable.

"At the start of the year it was like, tossed up, me [not wanting to] play wing, obviously that’s completely bullsh*t, I love playing footy, love chasing the ball, and I will play wherever."
right wing next to Penisini next year.

Latest posts