What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Basil Brush

Juniors
Norman, Ma'u, Scott. Arguably Mannah and Edwards.

And based on this season's form, French. And based on his versatility this season, also Gutherson.

Semi had a great 2015 and has a load of talent... but he was hardly a "star" for us this season - when as a team we performed better (won more games) than we have since 2009 (and possibly earlier).
I will give you Beau Scott due to his leadership but he doesnt have that long left.

However i would take Semi over all the others you mention besides Norman who i mentioned in my original post.

Gutho and French may be guns going forward but i still take Semi.

Lol at Edwards being more important than Semi.

yy_cheng

Coach
Foran played 9 matches for the eels at $1.2M under the cap.

i.e. $133K per game he played.

It wasn't Sandow's fault he didn't have a big pack of forwards to play behind at Parra.

The staff knew his strengths and his weaknesses and bought him into our playing group.

You can't say we couldn't replace him because he was on too much. We were paying Hayne plus a number of nuffies at over inflated prices.

Foran on the other hand, hardly ever played and took $133k per game.

TheRam

Coach
We won't be winning a premiership next year so hold on to Semi and upgrade him from next year as an inducement to extend beyond.

Then see how Gutho goes next to Norman and if they blitz it beauty we build in 2018 in other areas like Hooker.
If Gutho doesn't pan out, then go for Hunt if we still feel we need another option.

Bernie make it happen. Sheesh, must I think of everything?

Like I've said before, it ain't that freakin hard people.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ess-in-nrl-investigation-20160924-grnru5.html

Todd willing

Todd Carney's agent, David Riolo, has made a few calls to the NRL to inquire about Carney returning to the local game. It's safe to say he hasn't been overwhelmed by the reaction.

Carney has a big-dollar contract with Catalans for next year, but like a dozen or so players in the side he has been told he can look around for a new club if he wants to leave. Carney always wanted to finish his career in the NRL on his terms. It's going to take a significant shift from the NRL to allow that to happen.

Titans happy to give wild Bird his freedom

Greg Bird picked the wrong pub at which to get involved in some drama. Hotel Brunswick is half owned by former Channel Nine boss David Gyngell and well known to plenty of media types, so it's not the sort of place you can hide.

Bird has seen his career on the line too many times, and when he fronts the NRL integrity unit on Monday it will all be on the line once again. Bird is a divisive character: plenty of club officials don't like him, and that's the case at the Titans now. The feeling this column gets is that the Titans would be happy to see the back of him if the recent incidents prove to be anything significant.

Bird has never been nailed for any major incidents throughout his career, despite being involved in numerous court cases and investigations.

It's not the popular thing to say but, from a media perspective, Bird is very good to deal with. After Blues losses — there have been a few — he is a player who will always front up and face the music. He is no dummy either. Quite the opposite, in fact. He's just wild and makes very poor decisions.

His fate will be determined by the CCTV footage and the witness statements the integrity unit gathers.

Roadrunner

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/se...t/news-story/249bb6640376de5c4eedbd161db819ff

SEMI Radradra has revealed he met Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett this month as the Broncos prepare to launch a raid on the Eels star.

Radradra was first linked with a shock move to the Broncos in July and the meeting with Bennett will have Parramatta fans nervous.

The Fijian flyer still has a year remaining on his Eels deal and has vowed to honour the contract.

But the Broncos are prepared to pay big money to get Radradra to Red Hill as soon as possible. Last summer’s trading frenzy is proof players can be moved at any time regardless of their contracts.

Radradra was linked to a mid-year move to French rugby and there were also concerns he would not return from Fiji until granted a release.

Radradra said he was always prepared to return to Parramatta because “I always wanted to come back and play with the boys and finish off the season’’.

Speaking exclusively to The Daily Telegraph before Saturday’s Prime Minister’s XIII match against Papua New Guinea, Radradra said: “I ran into Wayne while I was in town visiting friends.

“I was there to see (Queensland Reds flyer) Eto Nabuli. There was nothing much with Wayne. He coached me during the All Stars.’’

Pressed on whether he would definitely run out for Parramatta in 2017, Radradra said: “I will definitely be there. I want to stay in the NRL. I love this game and I want to hang around at Parramatta.

“It was a tough year at Parra, but I’m looking forward to next year. We have a strong culture at the club and we never worry about much.

“I have one more year with Parra, and then I’ll decide what I do.’

Even though the Broncos have signed David Mead for next year, they would love a powerhouse figure such as Radradra.

Their recruitment manager Peter Nolan was the same man who made sure the winger felt comfortable and settled at Parramatta four years ago.

Reports suggested Brisbane were prepared to pay as much as $500,000 for Radradra andBroncos No. 7 Ben Hunt could be bound for Parramatta.

Radradra said he no longer wanted to talk about rugby — where he had an official offer from Bordeaux — and only cared about the NRL.

“I don’t want to talk about rugby, I love rugby league, I want to be a part of this game and I want to end my career in the NRL,’’ he said

Radradra made his Kangaroos debut in the Anzac Test, but admits he will have his work cut out with serious competition from Penrith’s Josh Mansour and potential future Brisbane teammate Corey Oates.

All three play on the left wing, but Radradra said he would happily switch to the right if it meant retaining his Kangaroos jumper for next month’s Four Nations tour.

The sight of him in full flight outside Greg Inglis was a real sight during a PM’s XIII training session on Friday in Port Moresby.

Parramatta have plenty of money in their cap after the enforced retirement of Anthony Watmough, Kieran Foran’s departure and the missed opportunity with Jarryd Hayne.

Don't let Semi go. If we win the comp next year, he will stay with Parra. Guarantee that !!!!!!!!!!!!!