What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
But is Bird+Gutho an upgraded backline over Gutho+Taka?

Possibly but the salary difference would be quite huge and for the price it still doesn't give us a 2nd kicker which is what we need. Also Takarangi is signed till end of 2019 (Thanks Pou and ur succession thread) so it's not like he is going anywhere. I think the priority has to be a quality hooker and a damaging middle forward.

Possibly but the salary difference would be quite huge and for the price it still doesn't give us a 2nd kicker which is what we need. Also Takarangi is signed till end of 2019 (Thanks Pou and ur succession thread) so it's not like he is going anywhere. I think the priority has to be a quality hooker and a damaging middle forward.
How the hell did that happen?! Get out the overhead projector!!

strider

Post Whore
yeah i think we do need a kicker

i'm happy for taka to transform back to an edge forward .... perhaps Tepai won't progress much either and taka can have his spot on the edge (or off the bench)???

I think Bird is a quality player ... but i think he also has questionable knees (think he had some sort of young arthritis thing???) .... hard to turn down quality of you can get it tho .... I'm very much on the fence .... plus I doubt we'd get him anyway

i'm happy for taka to transform back to an edge forward .... perhaps Tepai won't progress much either and taka can have his spot on the edge (or off the bench)???

I think Bird is a quality player ... but i think he also has questionable knees (think he had some sort of young arthritis thing???) .... hard to turn down quality of you can get it tho .... I'm very much on the fence .... plus I doubt we'd get him anyway
Pretty sure he still requires regular injections to treat it. Whether that means he's a higher risk of injury though I dunno.

And yeah, high quality player. If we had a good kicker I'd be more keen though.

hindy111

Post Whore
Pretty sure he still requires regular injections to treat it. Whether that means he's a higher risk of injury though I dunno.

And yeah, high quality player. If we had a good kicker I'd be more keen though.

Nathan Davis can kick. Its early stages but he did start 8 nrl games for titans. And is a big kid. Was a highly rated junior who still has time on his side. He just went backwards in his last year year in holden cup. Played well for titan prior to injury.

Any nees why come home? Odd as titans thin on backs. Homesick?

hindy111

Post Whore
How the hell did that happen?! Get out the overhead projector!!

Takas versatile. Can fill a few spots. I dont see him lasting in centres for 3 yrs.

Beau Scott i can see hanging up boots end of season.That opens a spot but I reckon if available another club would bite at taka if not UK. He is NRL level so aslong as not on overs someone will want. Not to old either.

strider

Post Whore
Takas versatile. Can fill a few spots. I dont see him lasting in centres for 3 yrs.

Beau Scott i can see hanging up boots end of season.That opens a spot but I reckon if available another club would bite at taka if not UK. He is NRL level so aslong as not on overs someone will want. Not to old either.
i think we are building to a 2018 challenge for the premiership - reckon scott will hang in til then

Nathan Davis can kick. Its early stages but he did start 8 nrl games for titans. And is a big kid. Was a highly rated junior who still has time on his side. He just went backwards in his last year year in holden cup. Played well for titan prior to injury.

Dunno but by the look of him I reckon he missed hanging out with his Mount Druitt mates and committing petty crimes.

hindy111

Post Whore
From what i see Tepai is beeing groomed for his role.

Dont under estimate KE. He lead our team for tackle breaks last season. He runs hard, tackles hard, busts tackles and can offload.
I rate Manu hugh but KE brings more energy and fires guys up. Like Brown.

Our bench can be brutal with them two along with Vavae and either Frank if gets fit or Terepo who gets harsh treatment for the odd dropped ball.
Terepo missed least amount of tackles for our club last season.

Rory and Alvaro are teddy bears. And with Mannah beau scott and tepai just hard workers it puts to much pressure on Matagi and Brown. Those 3 make our team brutal

bartman

Immortal
947-Video-allegedly-shows-Jarryd-Hayne-giving-cash-to.jpg

strider

Post Whore

general play kicker

i think we are building to a 2018 challenge for the premiership - reckon scott will hang in til then
I'm not sure where the retirement talk is coming from. Turns 33 in May. It's not too old unless he has some chronic injury. And he has a kid who is likely to need costly medical treatment so why wouldn't he continue playing as long as he can?

Gronk

Staff member
Was watching Fox and they said rumours are:

• Milford extension 3 years $2.7m
  • Toumolololololo extension10 years $10m

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I doubt we'd get him at a good price. Sharks would be his first choice and with them persisting with Bird at fullback and Holmes on the wing (and with some nuffy at centre) it appears the Sharks are trying to find a place for him that allows them to compete with other reasonable offers. Nobody will get him from the Sharks unless they pay overs, IMO.