What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

george

Juniors
Rona would be handy but I think surplus to our needs. Auva’a provides adequate cover on one wing at a fraction of what Rona would cost us.
Agree surplus but Rona is a top tier winger & quality finisher and at the right price hard to pass up

Depth wins premierships with auva'a hoffman as backups

Incorrect

Coach
Agree surplus but Rona is a top tier winger & quality finisher and at the right price hard to pass up

If we nabbed Rona, I wouldn't be surprised if we let RVArrR explore other opportunities and let him go early. Now that he's re-established himself as an NRL quality outside back, he'd probably attract longer term and higher $$ offers than we're likely to give him... Hoffman on the other hand, I can't see attracting as much interest unfortunately. Ideally you'd keep Kirisom and jettison Hoffman

hindy111

Post Whore
Rona would be handy but I think surplus to our needs. Auva’a provides adequate cover on one wing at a fraction of what Rona would cost us.

And better go forward.
On purely hit ups based I thought he was better then Semi. Now this does not include the magic moments of Semi. I am strictly talking your general hit ups.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we nabbed Rona, I wouldn't be surprised if we let RVArrR explore other opportunities and let him go early. Now that he's re-established himself as an NRL quality outside back, he'd probably attract longer term and higher $$ offers than we're likely to give him... Hoffman on the other hand, I can't see attracting as much interest unfortunately. Ideally you'd keep Kirisom and jettison Hoffman

Why would we let auva'a go? We aren't in the business of helping out other sides!!

We took a chance on him, and now we are getting the award for it!! We have a good quality starting player or back up on unders, like f**k I want to give up that advantage just to be nice.

He can do what ever he wants in 2019, but for now no way would I let him go!! It's not like it would save us a lot of cap space and we would also need a replacement which wouldn't be as good at the same price!!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Why would we let auva'a go? We aren't in the business of helping out other sides!!

We took a chance on him, and now we are getting the award for it!! We have a good quality starting player or back up on unders, like f**k I want to give up that advantage just to be nice.

He can do what ever he wants in 2019, but for now no way would I let him go!! It's not like it would save us a lot of cap space and we would also need a replacement which wouldn't be as good at the same price!!

Plus BA was the coach who took a punt on him, so he may want to repay that faith that was put into him. But idk what sort of person he is, so he may be hurt by us buying better players in his position and want to leave.

Yeh, I'm so sure that depth at the wing position has been so key to winning premierships recently. Though I do get confused, as forwards win matches but halves decide by how much, yet it's a game of two halves and every needs to give 110% (so two halves of 55% I guess).

Stagger eel

Staff member
Regardless of that G unit if Rona is a done deal than both parties would be sworn to secrecy until post spring tour ... it just makes sense

hindy111

Post Whore
Wouldn’t we all??

.... oh sorry than there’s Bart

You heard anything on Hayne?
I call bullshit

On Auvau he will play first grade for us next season. How many games may depend on injuries. Of the 15 other clubs how many does he start in their top 17?

Stagger eel

Staff member
You heard anything on Hayne?
I call bullshit

On Auvau he will play first grade for us next season. How many games may depend on injuries. Of the 15 other clubs how many does he start in their top 17?

Been hearing it for a long time... was waiting for it to explode

george

Juniors
Yeh, I'm so sure that depth at the wing position has been so key to winning premierships recently. Though I do get confused, as forwards win matches but halves decide by how much, yet it's a game of two halves and every needs to give 110% (so two halves of 55% I guess).
Depth across the board wins premierships ... as for your old adage stands true until you have wingers and fullback that can't read in D or start your sets on the front foot ... Rona is a bigger body than nearly everyone off our forwards

Ps that old adage worked for the dragons didn't it !

Depth across the board wins premierships ... as for your old adage stands true until you have wingers and fullback that can't read in D or start your sets on the front foot ... Rona is a bigger body than nearly everyone off our forwards

Ps that old adage worked for the dragons didn't it !

Not knocking Rona. He is taller than many of our forwards, but at 102kgs he is not heavier than any of them (barring the hooker)...he's on a par with Manu. If the choice is 'buy Rona or get nobody else' I'd certainly hire him. But if leaving him alone means an upgrade in the prop position, then I'd rather that.

I don't necessarily agree with any of the old adages, rather I'm just amused at the sweeping generalisation they imply. You have to be good enough in the forwards and in the spine and have a kicking game to have a chance. You can get away with a little less genuine quality (or depth in quality) at centre and wing. If you're lucky or good enough to get a year's great value out of an up and comer, you might not have to make that sacrifice though.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not knocking Rona. He is taller than many of our forwards, but at 102kgs he is not heavier than any of them (barring the hooker)...he's on a par with Manu. If the choice is 'buy Rona or get nobody else' I'd certainly hire him. But if leaving him alone means an upgrade in the prop position, then I'd rather that.

I don't necessarily agree with any of the old adages, rather I'm just amused at the sweeping generalisation they imply. You have to be good enough in the forwards and in the spine and have a kicking game to have a chance. You can get away with a little less genuine quality (or depth in quality) at centre and wing. If you're lucky or good enough to get a year's great value out of an up and comer, you might not have to make that sacrifice though.

You can win a comp with a dominant forward pack, a good kick chase and defense.
Guys like Davis or Younger Jennings would hold there own if given a chance.