What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
Rcg,Welch.Jackson, a great mix of youth toughness and experience.
Is Jackson still playing on the edge these days?

Edit: My bad, he’s played exclusively on the edge. The merkin’s only 28. I thought he’d easily be in his 30s. Decent stats this year.

gustarny

Juniors
He is tough as prob does to much in their side but look at our weakness defence line speed winning the ruck and wrestle add those three we become contenders rather than pretenders

gustarny

Juniors
Anyone see the Broncos Bulldogs game the other week Oats took an intercept or loose ball was away who came across in cover and put him in touch.Jackson

Happy MEel

First Grade
A useless ineffectual waste of money with the running game of a 93 year old?

We already have enough of those tbh
You reckon a 93 year old could average 97 running metres a game? Not elite but not terrible either. His defence is good and he is a tough merkin. It wouldn’t be a terrible signing and I can see why BA would be interested, in light of the make up of our squad.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like Josh Jackson, tbh.

Nothing flash, but gutsy, and a winner.

I'd still be looking at throwing the bank at JWH, though - that guy would transform our pack, imo.

Bazal

Post Whore
You reckon a 93 year old could average 97 running metres a game? Not elite but not terrible either. His defence is good and he is a tough merkin. It wouldn’t be a terrible signing and I can see why BA would be interested, in light of the make up of our squad.

I'm shocked he's gone that far off his average of about 65 for the past five odd years tbh.

Still don't rate him. Reckon the years of running like a dual amputee are a far better reflection of his attacking ability than the extra work he's seemingly been doing in the worst Dogs side ever.

He's a horrifically overrated footballer.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'm shocked he's gone that far off his average of about 65 for the past five odd years tbh.

Still don't rate him. Reckon the years of running like a dual amputee are a far better reflection of his attacking ability than the extra work he's seemingly been doing in the worst Dogs side ever.

I’m not sure where you’re getting that figure from but here are his avg running metres since 2012 on NRL stats.

Pretty consistent really.

86EB90D9-F072-435D-BCD3-CF452CCE3010.png

His average metres per game for the past 5 years have been 84, 103, 91, 97 and 90.

Bazal

Post Whore
I’m not sure where you’re getting that figure from but here are his avg running metres since 2012 on NRL stats.

Pretty consistent really.

View attachment 31817

Memory from my time at doing player ratings for fantasy over at ASRL, using actual stats sites. But it's definitely at least slight hyperbole, I thought that was clearer in the post tbh. He's still not very good and I'd be less than thrilled if we signed him

Avenger

Immortal
I’d be going after JWH before any other prop. He is exactly what we need. Would turn 31 next year. Still has 2 to 3 years left and would be ferocious up front for us.