What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
I think its not considered a scrum related peanlty, its a time wasting penalty

And i believe even if it goes off, its still at the referees discretion as to whether a penalty should be given
Which is why only we received a #penaltybroncos

oldmancraigy

Coach
It's really f**king hard to find anything to confirm how teams are split, I remember reading on the old NRL site regards it going to percentages, but as far as reference material goes, the new site sucks balls.

What i did find was the following on the NSWRL site regards their competitions, which if the NRL uses the same criteria, then that would suggest I am wrong.above ( you'd think they would )

10.5. If teams are on equal points at the end of the competition regular season, “for and against” points will determine semi-final placings for all positions. If equal, most points for will determine placings followed by least points against. If the same, then individualresults of both teams playing each other will be taken into account (no play offs

https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets...s---handbook-rules-and-by-laws-final-copy.pdf

I know I'm slow, but how would the 3rd criteria ever apply???

1st. Points differential - if equal go to
2nd points scored - if equal go to
3rd points against

Um. If you ever get to the 3rd one, then it will also be a tie because the first 2 are tied!! Unlikely to ever happen... but still

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yes, this is true.

The only explanation I have is that there are some real smooth brained genius' in Rugby league admin.

Noise

Coach
I know I'm slow, but how would the 3rd criteria ever apply???

1st. Points differential - if equal go to
2nd points scored - if equal go to
3rd points against

Um. If you ever get to the 3rd one, then it will also be a tie because the first 2 are tied!! Unlikely to ever happen... but still
I read the 3rd point as the differential between the individual games the 2 teams played each other. Eg, manly smashed us the first time we played so we would need to beat them by a bigger score line to get through (if it came down to the third criteria)

eel01s

Bench
Can someone please explain the scrum time shot. I have heard it go off several times this weekend, but only one penalty given..the one Bronco's kicked the opening score against Parra. Why wouldn't a SCRUM penalty be one you weren't allowed to kick for goal..???
Couldn't see on tv, why didn't we pack into the scrum on time?

emjaycee

Coach
I read the 3rd point as the differential between the individual games the 2 teams played each other. Eg, manly smashed us the first time we played so we would need to beat them by a bigger score line to get through (if it came down to the third criteria)
If we beat them on Friday by a bigger differential than they previously beat us, we won't have the same f**ken overall differential, so criteria 4 won't be needed to split us.
#justwinby12

oldmancraigy

Coach

I think that was the 4th criteria? (and it makes sense as a criteria!!)

It was points diff
if equal points scored
if equal points against (will always be tied given one and two)
if equal head to head wins

I mean really, I'm being a moron for nitpicking at it - it just seems weird that the third one would even bother writing it down as a 'criteria' when it could never be used to separate teams!

TheRam

Coach
The scrum shot clock/siren often goes off without a penalty given because there is sometimes a disconnect between the ref and what he is telling the players and whoever is running that clock. If the ref is giving instructions to the players they can't feed it so it is essentially the ref running down the clock.

See you're not an idiot. :)

TheRam

Coach
It's really f**king hard to find anything to confirm how teams are split, I remember reading on the old NRL site regards it going to percentages, but as far as reference material goes, the new site sucks balls.

Sucking balls gets a really bad rap. My girlfriend tells me she really like sucking on one of mine.

hindy111

Post Whore
What is the deal for members and finals?
Do season ticket holders get in for free or do we get chance to pre purchase early?