What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
I know the sun doesn't really go anywhere (it just keeps circling round the earth) - but it does appear to go away on a gloomy and rainy day.
Your also a flat earth advocate I assume.
Edit: Contrary to the Catholic Church edict several hundred years ago and despite making Galileo agree with them, the earth actually goes around the sun! Weird eh!

Yeah Timmy got 100 games too many.

Its embarrassing that he went past sterlo for first grade games played for this club.

although Mannah was not the best of players especially toward the end of his career and I was one of his critics. I think saying that it was ”embarrassing” that he went past Sterlo’s record is very harsh. Playing league is a tough to get that many games in first grade.. well he must of done something right.

Avenger

Immortal
although Mannah was not the best of players especially toward the end of his career and I was one of his critics. I think saying that it was ”embarrassing” that he went past Sterlo’s record is very harsh. Playing league is a tough to get that many games in first grade.. well he must of done something right.
He was the last of the won nothing loser generation. Towards the end he really stunk up the place and when I see pictures of him in promotional videos with some of our greatest players I cringe.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Disagree. Great player and a good guy
He was an above average first grade who was lucky he played in a very strong side for most of his career. The Roosters Josh Jackson, NSW are really going to miss his 4m hit ups out wide.

But he does seem like a top bloke though.

hindy111

Post Whore
He was the last of the won nothing loser generation. Towards the end he really stunk up the place and when I see pictures of him in promotional videos with some of our greatest players I cringe.

Mannah had 5 good years. The game just passed him. He was NRL level but not a front line prop. He did a job. Problem was his last 3 yrs where ordinary and that's what gets remembered

T.S Quint

Coach

The fact that Sterlo could have played more games but was cut short due to injury makes it less embarrassing.

84 Baby

Referee
Mannah had 5 good years. The game just passed him. He was NRL level but not a front line prop. He did a job. Problem was his last 3 yrs where ordinary and that's what gets remembered
Mannah was a reverse of most props. Burst onto scene as a youngster, then when most props hit their prime he was cactus

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Playing in losing games (especially big games) has value for player development, but as a measure of quality only wins really count. #WPYSA18

Soto

Bench
I would pass on Woods, develop Wiremu and buy another fringe up and coming backrower.
We have RCG, Jnr, Lane, Kaufusi, Nuikore, Nrown, Wiremu, Hollis as middles. Papali'i too. I would like another backrower similar style to Garner or Harawira Naera. Matt Doorey ex Parra now at the Dogs would be a good get. I know he has extended til end of 2022 but would be making enquiries.
Getting Woods would be like getting the likeable Alvaro back. No thanks.

hindy111

Post Whore
I do not see Emu getting to Woods level.
But I also do not see how Woods improves us a whole lot if we are fully fit. We are best looking for cheap project players or guys needing a chance. Low risk and high reward types like Bryce.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Even in his final season, his stats were really quite good.

I don't get the Mannah hate, tbh.

He was a more than solid player.

Latest posts