What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cheers. Yeah I watch what NRL I can and I rate Mahoney, I just assumed Lussick would've got more game time off the bench. He was really good over here in 2019-2020 for Salford so he'd be a good signing for us I think as James Roby is coming to the end. Don't know if there's any truth in it yet or just the usual silly season for rumours.
I think he's probably too good to be a backup and therefore, ironically, isn't perfect.

TYG

Juniors
I think he's probably too good to be a backup and therefore, ironically, isn't perfect.
If rumours are true I assume he's been told he will share game time with Roby next year (Roby will be 36 by then) with a view to him being first choice 9 in 2023 onwards.

Will have to wait and see if there's any substance to the rumours. Cheers for replying.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fair call but I'm talking Elite...All good signings at the time and Timana was a sight in full flight and when angry.
RCG, astute signing and getting better.
Signing Joey Manu, Brandon Smith or Zac Lomax would be top shelf.

All those guys played rep footy - pretty elite, if you ask me.

We also brought to the club:

Semi Radradra
Manu Ma'u
William Hopoate

We've been more aligned to developing our own players, over signing big names: Hayne, Inu, Lyon, Mateo, Hindmarsh, Cayless, etc.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If rumours are true I assume he's been told he will share game time with Roby next year (Roby will be 36 by then) with a view to him being first choice 9 in 2023 onwards.

Will have to wait and see if there's any substance to the rumours. Cheers for replying.

He's a handy player - can run, kick, and pass, and is a solid defender.

He won't let you down.

Gazzamatta

Coach
St.Helens fan here......there are rumours over here that we have signed Joey Lussick for 2022 onwards. Couple of things I'd like to ask. Has anyone heard anything at your end? Any reason he has played so few games this year? Cheers
Because our coach prefers to flog our top line players to exhaustion. Good luck Joey.

hindy111

Post Whore
I said after we went out in straight sets last year that I felt we were as far away from winning a comp as ever and nothing I've seen this year as the season has unfolded has changed my mind. What's even more depressing is that I reckon the Dogs and Bronco's will be mounting a better challenge than us in the next 3-4 years while our fortunes go south. The Broncos wont stay down for long, and the Dogs will be good if they find a decent hooker in the next couple of years.

Dogs will be good or even great pending on Burton. He has 2yrs and a 3rd in his favour. At which point he will be asking over a million. I'm sure 3 or 4 clubs will be prepared to pay him over that. The Dogs will need to be firing mid way thru 2023 or I doubt he will hang around?
The thing is when Penrith had 6 or 7 origin guys out and Burton in Halves the Tigers thrashed them and lost to Sharks.Where is the Dogs squad at?

They've signed in last year or so Naden, Allen,Flanagan,Cotric,Hethrington, Vaughan,Pangai jnr,Dufty,JAC,Burton.

That's 10 players. They've turned 2 into reserve graders in Allen and Flanagan. These guys where hyped up. Vaughan,Dufty nobody wanted. Hethrington probably only makes the bench of most other sides if that. TPJ is a lose cannon who they paid overs for.

JAC will leave a strong side where he does the finishing touches on a slick dominant side. Just like Cotric left a strong side and looks a shadow of himself do you think JAC is that great a player? He is fast. SAAB looks awesome to in Manlys backline as does Garrick.

hindy111

Post Whore
My point is why are the Dogs in better shape then us?
Bar Burton who is a slight upgrade on Moses imo what else do they have in their squad that we do not?
We haven't signed guys on overs like cotric,JAC,TPJ,Allen,Naden and we do not have guys a Flanagan on our books.

murraymob

Coach
Ciraldo has been part of the Panthers set up. He would be a very interesting aquasition. We aren't in a rebuild phase and have a solid base and better then average roster. I wouldn't mind him being appointed.
He will not come to you as a assistant he has that already.He would only come to parra as a full time coach .He would turn your club around brilliant coach.

Glenneel

Bench
My point is why are the Dogs in better shape then us?
Bar Burton who is a slight upgrade on Moses imo what else do they have in their squad that we do not?
We haven't signed guys on overs like cotric,JAC,TPJ,Allen,Naden and we do not have guys a Flanagan on our books.
Jake Arfur

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Dogs will be good or even great pending on Burton. He has 2yrs and a 3rd in his favour. At which point he will be asking over a million. I'm sure 3 or 4 clubs will be prepared to pay him over that. The Dogs will need to be firing mid way thru 2023 or I doubt he will hang around?
The thing is when Penrith had 6 or 7 origin guys out and Burton in Halves the Tigers thrashed them and lost to Sharks.Where is the Dogs squad at?

They've signed in last year or so Naden, Allen,Flanagan,Cotric,Hethrington, Vaughan,Pangai jnr,Dufty,JAC,Burton.

That's 10 players. They've turned 2 into reserve graders in Allen and Flanagan. These guys where hyped up. Vaughan,Dufty nobody wanted. Hethrington probably only makes the bench of most other sides if that. TPJ is a lose cannon who they paid overs for.

JAC will leave a strong side where he does the finishing touches on a slick dominant side. Just like Cotric left a strong side and looks a shadow of himself do you think JAC is that great a player? He is fast. SAAB looks awesome to in Manlys backline as does Garrick.

And 3 issues with the dogs:

- they may have some decent players but still have a shitty spine apart from Burton. The others in the spine including Duffy are all bottom 8 quality….
- Barrett, he had a similar squad (AFB / Marty/Evans/Tommy/Jakey etc etc etc), if not better at Manly and struggled big time to get them into any form…
A
- some of their big signings have attitude/leadership issues

Latest posts