What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
The reason for establishing O'Neill's position is so we have continuity of direction regardless of who is the coach. We're no longer a club that relies on the head coach to do everything. NRL success takes a lot of work, and the top clubs have large teams working behind the scenes. Look at the Roosters, with their recent poaching of two giant young forwards from the Broncos. Robinson would've had f**k all to do with it. He's got enough on his plate with the NRL team.

haha I have no idea which players you’re talking about. But you’re telling me Robinson has no input into who he wants? Yeah nah

The Predictor

Juniors
none of that addresses the question I asked, no specifics, you're just regurgitating

You must have graduated from the Phil Gould school of rhetoric

If you are sacking BA today and hiring Flanno tomorrow, how will we pay for it knowing we have to pay BA's contract for next year, then there is his backup staff
The cost is greater if we keep him, in so many ways

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
haha I have no idea which players you’re talking about. But you’re telling me Robinson has no input into who he wants? Yeah nah
He won his first premiership with a team someone else built for him. I'm sure he has some input into his top 17 but as far as junior 'development' (signing gun juniors from other clubs) he gets what he's given.

IFR33K

Coach
He won his first premiership with a team someone else built for him. I'm sure he has some input into his top 17 but as far as junior 'development' (signing gun juniors from other clubs) he gets what he's given.

Yeah because when I initially mentioned our club not being linked to players and maybe it was because they’re not sure who’ll be coaching, I was talking about 13 and 14 year olds wasn’t I?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
What is concerning is that we havent signed anyone. Our bench still sucks, same as it did last year. Our outside backs are still gash.
This time last year we hadn’t signed anyone or heard much. Or even knew who the promising juniors were.

And we signed papa, Cartwright, Opacic, Roache, lussick and added Penisini / Russell / JA to the squad. Some improved our top 17 others improved our squad.

additionally we have already signed Greig / perham who will both be like new signings as they haven’t done an offseason.

Based on who we currently have our 2022 squad is already better then the 2021.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
But had shown when he ran the ball he could be effective. Brown hasn't shown that and has had plenty of opportunities.
He averages 102 m a game, which is close to the best of all halves.

So Drown has already shown he is an effective runner of the ball.

We just need to give him better opportunities one on one with the opposition or with some space.

additionally he does need to improve his ball playing, but that will come with time/experience and when we improve our attack.

and he is already an elite defender at 21.

Incorrect

Coach
There's a composure about Dylan Brown that I'd like to see nurtured and flourish. I really think he is one of the players most in need of new coaching.

Sounds completely bonkers when I say it but for long term success, I'd hold on to him and let Guth go. We are deadset a new coach and at least 3-4 years away from seriously challenging for a premiership IMO given the way we've fallen off a cliff in identical fashion the past 2 years. Defensively suspect and Offensively impotent, change is needed now

We just need to give him better opportunities one on one with the opposition or with some space.

additionally he does need to improve his ball playing, but that will come with time/experience and when we improve our attack.

Well he makes a lot of metres because he runs a lot. He's pretty good at running but it doesn't lead to the benefits you would want from a half. Obviously he's a good defender but his playmaking stats are woeful. I have real doubts he's going to be above average even.

If he could pass okay both ways he'd be a very good hooker, but he can't. He might make a decent fullback, dunno but worth a shot. Centre could be his best position though. And possibly lock even.

Noise

Coach
This time last year we hadn’t signed anyone or heard much. Or even knew who the promising juniors were.

And we signed papa, Cartwright, Opacic, Roache, lussick and added Penisini / Russell / JA to the squad. Some improved our top 17 others improved our squad.

additionally we have already signed Greig / perham who will both be like new signings as they haven’t done an offseason.

Based on who we currently have our 2022 squad is already better then the 2021.
Besides Papalii, none of those signings have improved our top 17. Most of them have played f**k all minutes in first grade. This is the problem when you wait till the off season to do all your signing. You end up with mostly dregs.

Greig and Perham will play f**k all next year too.

IFR33K

Coach

If the 102 m is correct, it’s basically just a hit up from a number of many runs. It’s very ineffective running the ball tbh.

Sorry just noticed some other posters beat me to It

Latest posts