What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Mate, with the hostility and derision I receive here from trying to explain why the club mightn’t be so quick to sack the coach, I hope you’d forgive me trolling you f**kwits in response. Put your academic tone away mate. I have a masters degree, and I’m not impressed by big words. This is footy talk ffs

Ah pou you were the kid the other kids at school would flush your head in the toilet.

TheRam

Coach
When I mentioned Townsend as a solid alternative for a halfback a few years ago people here gave it to me.

I was one of them. Don't be fooled he is playing decently, but not doing much more then the basics as a playmaker right, in a team that is being coached superbly and has all players constantly moving and in play which give any decent playmaker options and turns him into a star.

Reverse it for a sec and put Townsand in our team and Moses in theirs. What do you think would happen? I think most would be seeing a horror movie playing out for us at Parra and Moses having his best and most consistent year ever at this years Cowboys. Moses kicking game alone would make the Cows an even better team then they are now and his running game would go to another level too.

Our team is to boring and predictable for Moses. We have almost shackled him into a one dimensional automaton. He would thrive at the Cowboys at present where they are allowed to play an exciting brand of footy that we Parra fans can only dream about. But we do love a collision.

I love watching the Cowboys at the moment. They are my favourite team to watch and they have a superb stadium too, so whenever they play at home I love it and pretend they are Parra for 80 mins. Then straight afterwards, like on a chocolate junkie high, I crash like a sad and lonely mother fu*ker laying on the couch with a litany of confectionary wrappers scattered all around.

The tragedy of being a Parra supporter our mothers should have warned us about.

TheRam

Coach
Hindy111 is gutless and not very smart. I did not know that. I guess if I was smarter I would of.

Don't worry Hindy you're the smartest person on this forum. It's just the silly and pathetic, toxic darts you have to put up with by the lesser fools and idiots on here that can't hide their jealousy.

Legend!

TheRam

Coach
I knew my satire would be wasted on you lot.

Dont Get It Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Doubling down on pathetic.

Where's a toilet when you need one?

emjaycee

Coach
It is clear you need to be contrary to everything to assure yourself of your own intelligence and perhaps justify your masters qualifications and maybe even obtain validation you are missing elsewhere.
I don't think Pou is contrary because of any internal need for validation, but rather because he is able to separate emotion from logic when discussing various issues and his personal preference is to look at things logically, hence why his posts seem devoid of emotion and 'passion'.

And his "certain disdain for “rugby league people”, as you put it, is actually more of a disdain (your word, not mine) for those who refuse to see any logic and act or comment only from the emotional side of the issue. Like any logician, he looks for the truth in a statement and will keep challenging in an attempt to show the emotive poster the lack of logic in their argument.

Think of him as the Mr. Spock of the Forum and you will have a less stressful time. It works for me.
1657239472221.png

Eelementary

Post Whore
Moses is way more talented than Townsend. As well as Townsend is going in a well drilled Cowboys side I don’t think he’d make us a better team.

Townsend has a much better temperanent, and is a natural leader.

Talent only gets you so far.

Townsend has far less talent than Moses, but his composure, and team-first attitude are traits that I don't think Moses will ever have.

If you could add those traits to Moses' overall game, you'd have the best 7 in the game; indeed, Moses has tonnes of natural ability.

But it's what's between his ears that lets him down.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't think Pou is contrary because of any internal need for validation, but rather because he is able to separate emotion from logic when discussing various issues and his personal preference is to look at things logically, hence why his posts seem devoid of emotion and 'passion'.

And his "certain disdain for “rugby league people”, as you put it, is actually more of a disdain (your word, not mine) for those who refuse to see any logic and act or comment only from the emotional side of the issue. Like any logician, he looks for the truth in a statement and will keep challenging in an attempt to show the emotive poster the lack of logic in their argument.

Think of him as the Mr. Spock of the Forum and you will have a less stressful time. It works for me.
View attachment 63463

Yeah, I tend to agree.

I like Pou.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Based on we finished 4th with 16 wins. It doesn’t matter whether we over achieved. That was the year we were strongest as evidenced by our ladder position and wins.
The ladder position and wins were obviously boosted by luck. Our points differential wasn’t even in the top eight.
As for your personal made up stats, they are comedy gold. My favourite was your essay on work rate per minute and how Daniel Alvaro was the best worker in the game. Following your off season article he played almost the whole next season for us in reserve grade. What a worker he must have been!
If he wasn’t such a great worker he wouldn’t have won the Ken Thornett Medal. His form obviously declined after that.