What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
BTW our new signing from Newcastle Jirah Momoisea is playing 2nd row for reserve grade Knights on fox/kayo at 1240..#18..so wasn't even in the top 17..let's see if he has anything to get a half boner about
I will say hopefully we have other targets as cannot see this guy being anywhere near 1st grade next year.
All the blokes like Ogden, Greig, El Zakhem, Mataele offer more than him.
2nd time I've seen him since we announced his signing. Right now, get used to Knock on cup in the Eels colours

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Simonsson is a nightmare. I totally agree with you there. And to think some people wanted Sivo gone is beyond a joke. Either Cini or Russell would do a better job than that sideways running unco.

I thought he was good under the high ball last night and had a reasonable game until he had a barry and let that try in

For mine, he is in the same class as Opa, fringe player or depth player that needs to be replaced with an NRL quality winger which I think will happen next year, Dunster or Russell maybe but I'd prefer Russell in the centres

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Parramatta second-rower Isaiah Papali’i has refused to confirm where he will play in 2022 amid speculation he could back out of his three-year deal with the Wests Tigers.

The reigning Dally M second-rower of the year, Papali’i signed a contract in November to join the Tigers from 2023 but did so on the understanding he would be reuniting with his coach at international level, Michael Maguire.

Maguire has since been sacked from his post as head coach of the Tigers, who are on the bottom of the ladder.

Reports emerged this week that Papali’i was now reconsidering his move to the struggling club.

Eels coach Brad Arthur revealed at his captain’s run this week that the club would have the space to retain the New Zealand international if he chose to stay put.

After the Eels’ defeat of the Warriors on Friday night, Papali’i would not confirm he would be at the Tigers next season, but nor did he pledge his future to Parramatta.

“That’s not my focus at the moment,” he said.

“I want to make sure I put my best foot forward in this season that I have here by playing week to week and worrying about my job.

“Whatever happens, happens.”

Parramatta second-rower Isaiah Papali’i has refused to confirm where he will play in 2022.

Parramatta second-rower Isaiah Papali’i has refused to confirm where he will play in 2022. Credit: Getty

On Thursday, the Tigers dispelled the uncertainty around their rebuild by announcing premiership-winning coach Tim Sheens would resume head coaching duties from next season.

The two most-capped players in Wests Tigers history, Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall, will serve as his assistants, with the latter set to take the reins as head coach from 2025.

“That’s great for the club,” Papali’i said.

“Obviously everyone was wondering who the coach would be so knowing what their plan is going forward is good for the club. I’m happy for them.”

Papali’i has built a relationship with Marshall through his international duties, just as he did with ex-Tigers coach Maguire.

Avenger

Immortal
He signed for Tigers and I reckon Parra are trying to use the coach being sacked as a way for him to flip. They've probably said if do we will pay you x amount.
I don't like it one bit. He signed for Tigers and should go.
Not if the landscape has changed for him.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
He signed for Tigers and I reckon Parra are trying to use the coach being sacked as a way for him to flip. They've probably said if do we will pay you x amount.
I don't like it one bit. He signed for Tigers and should go.
Ruthless. The Tigers could easily say no if he wants a release, and if there is a clause in his contract then they are as dumb as we all suspected.

Latest posts